Extraordinary

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Extraordinary

Post by s'dreams »

Quiet AFL news week ... nobody cares about the International rules and the draft is so compromised this year that little attention is being paid to this.

For Gawds sake - an EFC board appointment, Collingwoods new sponsor and Nathan Brown seeking his daddy's permission were big news items!!!

As it has been quiet ... some try to exaggerate in their efforts to get noticed.

As Officer Barbrady‎ would say ... "move on - nothing to see here".

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Even one of Balmey's best mates - K.B. - takes the piss out of him for his blunt simplistic comments.

The problem with Neil is that he tries too hard to be honest and forthright. Sometimes, speaking this way, as a power broker in football administration you tend to sound dumb. However I'd much prefer this than the spin and bullshit we get from most.

What is more amusing is the moral high ground that the cat supporters are occupying at the moment. FFS!

While I don't necessarily suscribe to the view that I'd welcome 'Jack the Ripper' at full-foward if he delivered us a flag - these people do however need to go out and purschase some perspective.

P.S. - I hope Gumby read that nobs comment about Selwood!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gee, love the first comment...
Yeah..Balme you're right.. Day one..I knew Thommo is not the right man for Geelong. We have been too good to him and I feel sorry for High level loyalty men Costa and Cook..

Comment 1 of 183
WTF?

There are some bad drugs down Geelong way......
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:Gee, love the first comment...
Yeah..Balme you're right.. Day one..I knew Thommo is not the right man for Geelong. We have been too good to him and I feel sorry for High level loyalty men Costa and Cook..

Comment 1 of 183
WTF?

There are some bad drugs down Geelong way......
DMAA perhaps?
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

The Cats fans are whnging about loyalty. He stayed there for 11 years, won them 2 premierships. If it wasnt for him theyd still be searching for a flag! One guy said that bomber just "arrived" at the right time! WTF! Talent doesnt win you a premiership, hardwork, direction, good management, etc! All get you towards a flag.They went backwards in 06, but then he got them firing again, and we all know what happpened after that! The GFC and its supporters have shown their true colours. They eat those alive who gave everything to their club for 11 years! Get over it! Be thankful for what he has done to your once pathetic football club. He has now turned it into a powerhouse, but all the ranting and raving going on from all levels of the board, is beginning/gone past looking pathetic!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

sconsey wrote:The Cats fans are whnging about loyalty. He stayed there for 11 years, won them 2 premierships. If it wasnt for him theyd still be searching for a flag! One guy said that bomber just "arrived" at the right time! WTF! Talent doesnt win you a premiership, hardwork, direction, good management, etc! All get you towards a flag.They went backwards in 06, but then he got them firing again, and we all know what happpened after that! The GFC and its supporters have shown their true colours. They eat those alive who gave everything to their club for 11 years! Get over it! Be thankful for what he has done to your once pathetic football club. He has now turned it into a powerhouse, but all the ranting and raving going on from all levels of the board, is beginning/gone past looking pathetic!
Well in that case Malcolm Blight also "arrived" at the right time with the enormously talented list of Gary Ablett Snr, Garry Hocking, Paul Couch, Ken Hinkley, Tim McGrath, Barry Stoneham, Billy Brownless, John Barnes, Peter Riccardi, Mark Bairstow, Leigh Colbert etc. And so did Gary Ayres when he took over in 1995 and took them to a GF in his first season as coach - only to have them annihilated. So neither of them could break their premiership drought. See, that's the difference.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I am sure we are going to see the feral bumpkins Geelong fans booing Bomber when he walks out with Hirdy to the team huddles at qtr time and 3qtr time.

I am hoping for the sake of GFC they dont - but somehow, I reckon these idiots are going to go at Bomber despite everything he has done for that club
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:I am sure we are going to see the feral bumpkins Geelong fans booing Bomber when he walks out with Hirdy to the team huddles at qtr time and 3qtr time.

I am hoping for the sake of GFC they dont - but somehow, I reckon these idiots are going to go at Bomber despite everything he has done for that club
Bomber won't be anywhere near huddles. His work will be behind the scenes.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:I am sure we are going to see the feral bumpkins Geelong fans booing Bomber when he walks out with Hirdy to the team huddles at qtr time and 3qtr time.

Bomber won't be anywhere near huddles. His work will be behind the scenes.
Be nice to see him out there though
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Justin Avenue - Glenroy - 3046!

My drag-star bike was pinched out front of the middle milk-bar ('Streets') - (the other two were 'Peters' and 'Toppa' - on the corner) - circa 1974. Olsen Place Sharps didn't have a chance against the J.A. Jacks. Ford-Gate Wogs coped a flogging everytime

4 stops to Glenbervie and a walk up to the temple.

Bring em on!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.