Cupido

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ossie wrote:Ha, don't be silly. It would be an absolute waste. We've been there before gents, he's had his chance. See ya later.
Could say the same about Henneman, but obviously Cupido isnt willing to give Sheeds a blow-job every night like henneman is.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote: BUT WHAT ELSE IS IN THE PSD!

At worst he is on the list for one year at minimum wage.

At best.......
Ben Hart for one year - help teach our inexperienced back line how to play
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Out of whats in the PSD, I'd be tempted to give Cupido a 1yr deal. Certainly has more talent than anyone else on offer.

But it would depend of course on how he's presented himself and his behaviour while playing in the SANFL. And his form. I know he was going great earlier, but I don't know how he finished off.

Remember, since 2000 I suspect only two players have kicked more goals in a season than Cupido - Lloyd & Lucas. Thats either pretty damning on Essendon, or evidence of how good Cupido was when on song. Sure, we've got Lovett, but his position is really best further up the ground, and he's nowhere near as good in the air as Cupido was.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He would be worth another crack on a minimum wage.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

antcl wrote:Out of whats in the PSD, I'd be tempted to give Cupido a 1yr deal. Certainly has more talent than anyone else on offer.

But it would depend of course on how he's presented himself and his behaviour while playing in the SANFL. And his form. I know he was going great earlier, but I don't know how he finished off.

Remember, since 2000 I suspect only two players have kicked more goals in a season than Cupido - Lloyd & Lucas. Thats either pretty damning on Essendon, or evidence of how good Cupido was when on song. Sure, we've got Lovett, but his position is really best further up the ground, and he's nowhere near as good in the air as Cupido was.
Apparantly he played a lot of time in the back half in the second half of the season of a HBF and did very well setting up play. I wouldn't want him in that role with us, but it might be an indication of maturity and increased defensiove pressure abilities.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Cupido should never have been let go when he was. Should h ave been given another year... but perhaps the best thing for him was to have some time out from the top level and see how hungry he really is to play at AFL level again.

I understand attitude issues and a reluctance to change... which ultimately led to him being booted, but to keep Henneman and Bolton on the list... hmm

I'd be keen as mustard to see him back in the Red & Black next year, especially if it's on minimum wage with just one year as incentive.

Great skills... which we're severely lacking... and the 50 goal a year FP that we're also lacking.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Sismis wrote:People can't change/mature? None of you have had a reality check in their lives? Players of Cupido's ability are extremely rare. He has issues, it is a risk. BUT WHAT ELSE IS IN THE PSD!

At worst he is on the list for one year at minimum wage.

At best.......
3 strikes and you're out?
Strike 1:Brissie
Strike 2: EFC
Strike 3: anywhere but EFC.
Last edited by F111 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

C'mon Sissy, I didn't hate him that much. I even listed him in my top 4 interchange players on the other thread, as I reckon that was all he was good for.

He was lazy, he would play a blinder of a quarter, then go missing for 3, never put his body on the line, especially in the wet etc etc.

Sorry he has had his chance & blew it. No coming back.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Sometimes a year out of the system and back in the "normal world" is the best motivation you can get.

1 year, minimum wage + performance based on top would be acceptable offer.

We could do far worse...like Ricky Mott lol
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Invite him to train and stick to a 1 year deal and see how he applies himself.

He may have grown up a little and realised what he has???

PSD only.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Totally agree with the above. Sign him to a one year deal and see if he has matured. What is there to lose?
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

I agree we should get him on 1 year too, but this topic is a non event because it just wont happen.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

I can't believe people seriously want cupido back. It would be the worse decision in years at essendon.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Makaveli wrote:I can't believe people seriously want cupido back. It would be the worse decision in years at essendon.
Bigger than keeping Henneman on the list for a 9th season?
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Rossoneri wrote:
Ossie wrote:Ha, don't be silly. It would be an absolute waste. We've been there before gents, he's had his chance. See ya later.
Could say the same about Henneman, but obviously Cupido isnt willing to give Sheeds a blow-job every night like henneman is.
Why do people keep saying this? Ok, so Henneman shouldn't be there, but why would we give Cupido a year just because Henneman got one?

If one mistake isn't enough, lets make two in one hit, shall we?

It's MENTAL. He's a waste of space and if we sign him there is something seriously wrong at EFC.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Because in his first year Cupido showed more skill than 75% of the players currently on our list.

Which is why he is such a contentious issue.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

antcl wrote:Because in his first year Cupido showed more skill than 75% of the players currently on our list.

Which is why he is such a contentious issue.
Actually Id go as far to say he is a more naturally gifted footballer than anyone on our list except Hird. Mind you he is faster and a bigger kick than Hird (doesnt quite read the play like Hird, but who does)

For mine, by far the most dissappointing waste of god given talent ever. And just for that reason I'd love to just give him 1 more chance even if it proves to be a BIG mistake.

Face it, at his best he has everything we need, pace, classy disposal, a penetrating and accurate kick, nouse for goals, strength and marking ability and could play any position except in defence. In fact he displayed all of the above without even putting in any hard work. What would he be if he was committed?

If he wasnt such a lazy, smart ass, big headed f****** idiot he could win a brownlow and go a long way to helping us win a premiership. :evil: Drives me mad just thinking about what a fool he must be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ossie wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
Why do people keep saying this? Ok, so Henneman shouldn't be there, but why would we give Cupido a year just because Henneman got one?

If one mistake isn't enough, lets make two in one hit, shall we?

It's MENTAL. He's a waste of space and if we sign him there is something seriously wrong at EFC.
Like antcl said, and why we dopnt talk about Paul Thomas. Thomas was a better player than henneman, but he isnt worth going through extra crap off-field.

Cupes is a freak, and one player we definitely need. Great skills, probably the only bloke in our team who can use his opposite foot. He is quick and is a game breaker.

Skills, speed, game-breaker. Three things we dont have enough of.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I was a fan of cupido when he first came to the club and i was disappointed with how he ended up... we don't need him back.

I heard on the news that Zantuck is training with the Blues.... they aren't going to get any better recruiting that crap! :P
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

He had his chance. The same chance that most young kids would die for. I would rather a club full of average players who bust a gut than a team full of self preening prima donnas who dont put in the effort needed.