Herald Sun Season Preview - Essendon

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Herald Sun Season Preview - Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... w/essendon

Mike Shehan very bullish about our top 8 chances if we can maintain current form and go on a bit of a run this year

Interesting read on some of the comments that apparently the midfield thought that Watson was the only one to go in for the hardball and others had to wait outside the packs... that is ridiculous if true!!! Sums up the Knights era if true.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Herald Sun Season Preview - Essendon

Post by Jazz_84 »

see Prismall was only doing what he was told.......
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Bullish is a word I never want to hear again JP :P

I guess you can't read too much into it when it's the scummy newspapers "reporting" the news, but interesting to hear feedback about last year's coaching. I'm sure noone is surprised, but specifics are interesting.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Thought it was the shittiest "Season Preview" i think I have ever seen in a major newspaper!!! A mish mash of bad graphics, dumb interview with Sheahan and 2 paragraph meaningless written preview.

And what is that rubbish about if Essendon was a movie star????

Total Crap
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

That Watson view is coming from our coaches.

I've heard Hirdy and a few other coaches admit that Watto is the only one going in and getting it. Although, by the looks of it, a few more seem to be going in harder this year.
F-111
Top Up Player

Post by F-111 »

Gossy7 wrote: ... Although, by the looks of it, a few more seem to be going in harder this year.
Lonergan has always been an extractor.
F111 with dash! 12223 posts just vanished!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Hocking, Watson, Lonergan I've seen flying in under packs so far :) Great to see but also dangerous at how wrecklessly they do it! Hope they don't get injured from it. Great commitment though!
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

JumboPaddy wrote:Hocking, Watson, Lonergan I've seen flying in under packs so far :) Great to see but also dangerous at how wrecklessly they do it! Hope they don't get injured from it. Great commitment though!
We were always taught that if you throw the body in you are less likely to get hurt than if you stick your hand in!!! So let em at it!

Fairly rubbish assessment when you say that Neagle could be a key - Ryder is obvious and although I like Neagle (I think he is a natural footballer - not an athlete) he hasn't done enough to warrant a mention in that piece. Maybe he was thinking Gumby!

And regardless of what the plans were last year in regard to letting Jobe extract the pill - we don't need the media latching onto this - leave it alone - it is not the reason we failed under Knights - it may have contributed but lets not get distracted with this shit....