2 F***ING YEARS RUNNING: 25vs 22

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2 F***ING YEARS RUNNING: 25vs 22

Post by Windy_Hill »

We lost - its in the books, stop beating yourself up (or off) over it guys.

Our aim this year was to see steady improvement, we are seeing this. Its frustrating to lose under these circumstances but it doesnt change the fact that this young side is defintiely going places.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I couldn't believe that Hurley / Winderlich were being retarded (hands over the shoulder, around the waist etc) nearly every time the ball went into our 50 yet we didn't receive any free kicks for it (that I can remember).

I have never believed in any conspiracy, and still don't. But yesterday was the first time I've watched a game where I have genuinely felt like the umpires were biased.

I'm still furious. f*** Rosebury, f*** the AFL, f*** Sydney, f*** everyone.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Yeh was at the game it was really frustrating. However, we twice had a 20 point lead and blew it..despite the terrible umpiring we shouldn't have allowed it to affect the game if we had put them away but yes it did have a signifcant impact on the result.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

filthy2 wrote:35 free kicks to 20 when ball stats roughly equal, means they had the equivalent of another player on the ground?

In the vital 3rd quarter 13-2 their way?

7 goals from frees?

Anyone who thinks it doesn't affect the outcome of a game especially a young side missing 5-6 of its best team playing on a cow paddock is either:

- Never played the game, or

- Is blind, or

- Is a complete idiot.

The AFL is run by corrupt spin merchants who want those assholes in the 8 no matter what, and the umpiring today was totally and completely, blatantly corrupt and cheating.

Oh and BTW:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6032849797

Before the AFLSSR get it pulled headline reads:

"Bombers robbed by umpires at ANZ Stadium"
Dear filthy2

I have played the game

I am not blind

Nor am I a complete idiot.

Whilst umpiring decisions certainly had an effect on the game, I do not believe that to be the reasonn why we lost.

Twice we gave up four goal leads, we faded badly in both the 2nd & 3rd quarters and let them kick vital goals that kept them in the game, we struggled to hit a target in the last quarter, we failed to take advantage of Bellchambers dominance in the ruck, we kicked poorly for goal in the last quarter and we failed to man up in the last quarter.

Having played so much football (as you obviously have), why is it that you fail to mention any of these salient points?

swoodley
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

robbie67 wrote: Some of you blokes that are blaming luck or rub of the green, I have a lot of respect for, but you guys are trying to be overly fair, and are not buying into what common sense should tell you. Something was seriously wrong today.

It was a f****** disgrace.
I'm not suggesting that we did not get buttfked by the umpiring. 35/20 frees, 7 goals from frees and those two appalling misses to Hards and Stants were appalling. Apply some eveness to these stats and we have probably won by a couple.

Nothing is going to change in this area as it is an inherent problem with the game no matter who are the umpires or who is managing them.

My point is, that in a close finish with all other things taken into consideraton, luck plays a role and we were out of it.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Staggy wrote:I couldn't believe that Hurley / Winderlich were being retarded (hands over the shoulder, around the waist etc) nearly every time the ball went into our 50 yet we didn't receive any free kicks for it (that I can remember).

I have never believed in any conspiracy, and still don't. But yesterday was the first time I've watched a game where I have genuinely felt like the umpires were biased.

I'm still furious. f*** Rosebury, f*** the AFL, f*** Sydney, f*** everyone.
I actually think the umpires were worse when we played them last year..
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Dear Swoods,

You will note that the c**ks***ers came back at us twice. Easy to do when the maggots are driving the aget their way 25 times and 4 us.

In the second quarter....2 frees to us and 11 to them. They kicked 2 goals in junk time both from frees.

In the third quarter....2 frees to us and 13 to them. They also kicked 2 goals from frees in junk time.

Are you seriously suggesting that 4 to 25 in a half of footy with roughly equal possession doesn't affect the games outcome?

Are you seriously suggesting that when you lose by less than a kick, that 35-20 frees doesn't affect a games outcome?

Are you seriously suggesting; once again in agame of equal stats; that 7 goals from frees to 2 in a game doesn't affect a games outcome?

Are you seriously suggesting that if you are a player, a young bloke like a lot of ours; doesn't become confused and hesitant going at the ball at this blatant cheating?

Kind Regards

Filthyest Decimus.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

filthy2 wrote:Dear Swoods,

You will note that the c**ks***ers came back at us twice. Easy to do when the maggots are driving the aget their way 25 times and 4 us.

In the second quarter....2 frees to us and 11 to them. They kicked 2 goals in junk time both from frees.

In the third quarter....2 frees to us and 13 to them. They also kicked 2 goals from frees in junk time.

Are you seriously suggesting that 4 to 25 in a half of footy with roughly equal possession doesn't affect the games outcome?

Are you seriously suggesting that when you lose by less than a kick, that 35-20 frees doesn't affect a games outcome?

Are you seriously suggesting; once again in agame of equal stats; that 7 goals from frees to 2 in a game doesn't affect a games outcome?

Are you seriously suggesting that if you are a player, a young bloke like a lot of ours; doesn't become confused and hesitant going at the ball at this blatant cheating?

Kind Regards

Filthyest Decimus.
Dear Filthy

You didn't answer any of my points.

I get it that you totally and completely blame the umpires for our loss...I do not which is why I pointed out areas where we were at fault.

I thought you might have responded to my points.

I was wrong :(

swoodley
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Dear Filthy

You didn't answer any of my points.

I get it that you totally and completely blame the umpires for our loss...I do not which is why I pointed out areas where we were at fault.

I thought you might have responded to my points.

I was wrong

swoodley

Dear Swoods.

I did answer your questions.

1) We gave up the leads due to the massive free kick descrepancy/s in Quarters 2 & 3.

2) Granted we kicked poorly in the last quarter and man up but young legs get more tired more quickly as against eg the 3 200+ gamers that kept the CS' ers in the game.

3) Granted that TBell's hit outs were not taken advantage of hence i think Sammy will struggle next week to get a gig and one or 2 others.

However 1) is the reason we lost not 2 & 3.

Kindest Regards

Filthyest Decimus
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Dear Filthy

Thanks for your latest response.

I think we will have to agree to disagree...I think that we lost due to the points I made as well as the umpiring.

I do not agree that the umpires are totally to blame.

Regards

swoodley
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

hahah

funny dear thread.

fwiw i still think by season end hird will have this side good enough to win anywhere.

luck plays no part in collingwoods wins. thats where we need to get too.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

im still fuming over the umpiring, and it wasn't just the last few mins...... Ryder was getting done in the ruck for jumping too early.... my question is just because Mumford didn't jump at all how does that make Ryder's jump too early???

i like Stanton but geez if that was me id be running my ass off and if i still didn't quite get there i would have put in a dive for the mark, he was close enough to mark that ball by either running harder or jump for the ball, why sit back and let it bounce, should always control a situation and take luck out of the equation
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Shit umpiring helped them win, but I'm not using that as an excuse. We should have been able to hold onto the good leads we had.
bombercol wrote:The holding the ball on Hardingham where Sydney kicked the "winning" goal, was not there. It was a handball the umpire wasn't in the right viewing spot.
Anyone else notice when they showed the replay of this from behind the goals, as Hardingham handpasses the ball away, the closer umpire waved play-on.
BERT wrote:Free paid to Stanton. Swans bloke runs has 2 bounces and then kicks it. No 50mt.
That was the worst one all day IMO. That is an automatic 50, no matter which way you look at it.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Jazz wrote.....

by Jazz_84 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:55 pm

im still fuming over the umpiring, and it wasn't just the last few mins...... Ryder was getting done in the ruck for jumping too early.... my question is just because Mumford didn't jump at all how does that make Ryder's jump too early???

Good point Jazz. I was going to comment on that as well. I didn't watch all that much of Pissant 7's delayed coverage cos when I heard on the radio that we'd got dudded yet again I switched the box off. But I did see the part where Paddy got free kicked at the centre bounce for "Jumping too early" according to the maggot...My question is, where does it say in the rule book that thou shalt not jump too early in the ruck contest. In the incident I'm talking about Paddy's early jump made absolutely no difference to the Swans ruckman cos he (it was Mumford I think) actually got the hitout. Paddy had gone up and down before acceptances and the Swans player just said thankyou very much and went tap. Absolute Crap decision which left Padddy totally confused.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Pure numbers of free kicks v free kicks means jack shit. Just because it was 35 - 20 doesn't mean the additional 15 free kicks for Sydney were "wrong" or "not there".

The article posted in regards to us being "robbed" only discusses two decisions that went in Sydney's favour. That's all.

That said, I agree with Jazz - I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Paddy was being penalised for leaping in the ruck to get the f****** tap. The explanation by the moron on the effects mike said: "you ran straight at him". WTF?????

I've seen far worse umpring in our matches over the years. If the club felt like they were dudded, they would put in an official complaint. None is forthcoming. Perhaps we should all just accept the loss as an opportunity lost by the players. After all, they couldn't nail crucial goals when required - Hurley and Watto come to mind.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote: If the club felt like they were dudded, they would put in an official complaint. None is forthcoming.
i was at the breakfast at Windy Hill during the pre-season and the vibe i got from Hamilton is that we will pretty much take any shit that comes our way and move on, he was talking mainly about the amount of Sunday slotted games and how we have to force our way back into fri-sat night games with our footy, but i think it fits the bill here too and they will force the issue on free kicks by getting the players to not give them any chance to pay them against us
Kakadu Kangaroos
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

hey Filth any chance you can get an insight from your umpire friend?
Kakadu Kangaroos
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Um, in the week leading up to the game there were stories about Jobe wanting to organise a sit down protest and him blantantly disrespecting (somehwat deservedy) Adrian Anderson when discussing the substitution rule.

Anyone reckon the little ****** didnxt ring the Geish/umpires and make a few suggestions.

Having said that 1.6 in the last quarter is the reason we lost, we simply were unable to execute the fundamental skill of kicking the ball through the big posts when it mattered most. If we converted a single one of those misses and we win the game.

It is time the club, the coaches and the players comment on the umpiring and the AFL both publically and private AFL circle because it is clear that f****** like Vlad and the Angry Little f***wit bear a grudge and will misue their titles to get back at you.

Hope like f*** that Hirdy and the club have had a word in Jobe's ear and makes sure there are no kind of Hird/umpire McLaren comments are made on Footy Crappified tonight.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

j-mac31 wrote:
BERT wrote:Free paid to Stanton. Swans bloke runs has 2 bounces and then kicks it. No 50mt.
That was the worst one all day IMO. That is an automatic 50, no matter which way you look at it.
The umpire closest called play on while another umpire who was further away paid the free kick and had to let the closest umpire know about the free kick so a 50 metre penalty wasn't paid.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Just seen the replay of the free kick against Hardingham and the umpire was behind him and couldn't see and still payed it!