Status of injured players with Pre Season imminent.....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Don
Top Up Player

Status of injured players with Pre Season imminent.....

Post by The Don »

Has anyone heard the status or conditions of guys like Lloyd, Mark Johnson, Laycock, Lovett and Lucas with pre season imminent. Apparently MJ had some pretty serious shoulder work done?

Also does anyone know what stage Merv Neagle's kid is at? Will he get a senior game this year?
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

From reports Neagle was pretty lean in TAC Cup and needs a gym membership and is probably a year away, could be wrong though. But i doubt he will play ones unless Lloyd, Lucas, Johns etc come down with career threatning injuries
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

All the players should be ok to start training next week, apart from MJ who had a shoulder reco - he'll start full training after Christmas.

Post 2006/pre 2007 surgeries:

Scotty - hip arthroscope
Ricky - wrist
Slatts - hip arthroscope
Paddy - ankle
MJ - shoulder reco
Lovey - hip arthroscope
Chook - knee and shoulder (these were actually done during season 2006)
Henno - shoulder (ditto to Chook)

Jay Neagle and Woosha had stress fractures but they should be right to go.

source - club site
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Neagle was taken as a bottom ager. Realistically, club probably would preferred to wait to take him with a F/S this year. However, Gary Foulds son showed some signs last year that he could be a bit of a steal this year with a F/S pick so they took Neagle last year instead.

I would expect that if there was any indication that he was going to make the level the the club would definitely give him a game or two in the senior next year. Not too mnay players these days go on to make it AFL level without cracking a senior game in their first two years on a list.

Jake Foulds, however, didn't come on this year and his hopes of being picked up by an AFL club have died in the arse.

From what I've heard we should be getting pretty excited about the prospect of picking up Darcy Daniher with a F/S pick next year, assuming he doesn't want to go play for the Swans, who can also nab him under the F/S rule I believe...may be mistaken on that one though.
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

I have never heard of Darcy Daniher, Is that a piss take or for real? Who's son is he Neal's or Terry's? Has he come from that famous football nursery of Ungarie? What position does he play? Is he any good?

Should Essendon consider Greg William's or Wayne Johnson's kids if Carlscum dont pick them up?

You can almost hear John Elliot and all the Carlscum morons having breakdown imagining if Williams kid ran out for essendon :lol:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

A few hip arthroscopes. Anything to do with playing at The Dome so much?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The Don wrote:I have never heard of Darcy Daniher, Is that a piss take or for real? Who's son is he Neal's or Terry's? Has he come from that famous football nursery of Ungarie? What position does he play? Is he any good?
Darcy Daniher is for real...no pisstake. Shown some pretty good signs playing as a KP forward (think mostly CHF) this year as a bottom ager in the TAC Cup. Keep an eye out for him, if he goes on with it next year we could snag ourselves a very decent player with a F/S pick.

He's Terry's sone. Have a think about it!!! Father/Son eligibility is that the father had to had played 100 games for the club. Thanks to his f****** knees Neale only managed 82, I believe it was.

In regards to Jake Williams and Wayne Johnston's son, don't know anything about them. But the Blues had 3 players availbale to them with F/S picks and it doesn't look like they reckon any of them are worth a 3rd round pick. Unless they are planning on taking Sheldon's kid (I think that was the other one) and just haven't announced it yet.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

ealesy wrote:
The Don wrote:I have never heard of Darcy Daniher, Is that a piss take or for real? Who's son is he Neal's or Terry's? Has he come from that famous football nursery of Ungarie? What position does he play? Is he any good?
He's Terry's sone. Have a think about it!!! Father/Son eligibility is that the father had to had played 100 games for the club. Thanks to his f****** knees Neale only managed 82, I believe it was.
Its Anthonys son. Therefore, he is eligable for both Sydney and Essendon. Considering he lives in Melbourne, I reckon that if we want, we will get him.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

I was under the impression that despite being bottom aged Neagle was overweight when we got him? Although that was meant to have partly been because he missed the pre-season for the TAC that year.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robrulz5 wrote:A few hip arthroscopes. Anything to do with playing at The Dome so much?
Alot of our injuries is due to that. But the AFL or EFC wont listen. Worst decision we made was moving to that ground. Hope to god we get out of there at 2010.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

robrulz5 wrote:A few hip arthroscopes. Anything to do with playing at The Dome so much?
Henry's is a congenital problem
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Koala wrote:
Wasnt it the reason why he had a lot of thigh strains this year?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

yep. Something to do with one hip being on a slightly different angle or something like that
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

antcl wrote:I was under the impression that despite being bottom aged Neagle was overweight when we got him? Although that was meant to have partly been because he missed the pre-season for the TAC that year.
At the start of the TAC Cup season last year he was 97kg, and seeing as he's only high 180cms, yes he was overweight.

During the TAC Cup season the club talked to him and his club and help devise a fitness program for him to shed the extra weight. Towards the end of the season when the club decide that we were going to take him, he trained with the team a couple of times. Towards the end of the TAC Cup season, while he had been putting on muscle, he still dropped 5kg of weight.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Koala wrote:
Wasnt it the reason why he had a lot of thigh strains this year?
Bloody hell. I guess that explains why we got a player who looks the goods so late in the draft. On ability, he's a much better player than a draft pick #46, but i assume his injury concerns scared off other clubs taking him earlier.
nmgilbert
On the Rookie List

Post by nmgilbert »

Hip arthroscops would have nothing to do with his muscle strains. Arthroscopes clean up the cartilage which has no impact on the state of the muscle.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

nmgilbert wrote:Hip arthroscops would have nothing to do with his muscle strains. Arthroscopes clean up the cartilage which has no impact on the state of the muscle.
Correct, arthroscopes clean up cartilage. And in this case, the hip arthroscope was needed because the hip is on a slightly different angle, which causes problems in the hip socket. The hip being on the slightly different angle also puts additional strain on the muscles that attach in the area, and makes him more susceptable to injuries.
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Damn
fordmania
Top Up Player

Post by fordmania »

Dr Koala, I pressume. :D
When does Beer taste the best? When it's for FREE!!!