No shit Vlad

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

No shit Vlad

Post by filthy2 »

Jude "I want a free" Bolton complains about the cow paddock last week and Vlad says "it was not up to standard" Thanks for nothing shithead and I'll have salt please.

The shit umpiring is however passed as OK.

Corrupt c..t.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: No shit Vlad

Post by robrulz5 »

filthy2 wrote:Jude "I want a free" Bolton complains about the cow paddock last week and Vlad says "it was not up to standard" Thanks for nothing shithead and I'll have salt please.

Corrupt c..t.
Can't stand Bolton, throws his head down in tackles and gets free kicks.

We all know the AFL is corrupt, they need Sydney to do well.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

More and more I'm coming to the conclusion that the game is becoming far too controlled and contrived and by extension corrupt. It's happening in cricket, I think we delude ouselves if we think it can't happen in what really is, by comparison a bit of a tinpot organisation that is the AFL.

The suits are ruining it with their constant tampering with the rules. The absolute farce that is the AFL Tribunal, The introduction of what really amounts to spot betting (which is where cricket has got itself into so much trouble) The introduction of new teams in cities that really dont give a rats. The ludicrous amounts of money being paid to NRL players to cross over and try to play a game that is obviously totally foreign to them, all in a fatuous attempt to somehow woo the rugby fans of Sydney and Brisbane. I mean what a ridiculous farce that is becoming. Doctored draws is another issue. I've just checked the records. To date, Essendon has played Sydney in Melbourne on the princely number of 3 occasions in the past 12 f***N years FFS!! It's no secret that the AFL clearly hate our guts and yet we are good enough to keep laying the golden egg for their love child up there, year in and year out on those dung heap/sardine cans they call football grounds.

I used to love this game...with a passion. Now I'm not so sure. If this crap continues the way it's been going for several years now, (and, sadly, I see no reason why it wont) then I can see myself drifting away from the game...certainly at the so called top level and just being content to follow my local club... Never thought I'd hear myself saying that.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I have a really bad feeling that sportsbetting which the AFL has embraced with open arms, could be disasterous for the game, with corruption seeping into the handy cracks that the AFL has conveniently opened.

We are kidding ourselves to think there is not already some degree of influence that this massive increase in football betting has started and if kept unchecked, could destroy the game.

Imagine finding out after a flag has been won, that a couple of players were on the take to influence the outcome of games and the club was stripped of the flag. Imagine if it was us.

I don't believe for a minute that the AFL will do anything about the upsurge of sports betting as they are getting a good slice of the action and that is all those immoral cnts think about. They will wring their hands and hold their hands on their hearts and do SFA.

Just wait for the "it was happening illegally anyway" excuses for them to open the floodgates.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Well, it already happened to Essendon, 80-odd years ago. Players were on the take to throw a few matches in the 20's (including an inter-league game against Footscray, before they were in the VFL) so the precedent is there.

The thing in favour of the AFL is the fact that you have 22 very well paid and very clued up players playing on each team. To try an influence a result to the extent that you would be assured of a result would take a lot of cash and a lot of players would be in on the scam. And frankly, with the subsequent movements in the (now transparent) sports betting markets, it would stick out like dog's balls.

Where there may be concern is in regards to some of the exotic bets. Over-unders and line betting maybe less so, because it would require a lot of luck, but you could imagine a situation where a player gives a tip to his mate to back them under 39.5, and he has the last kick for goal of the game that's long been decided to put them over 40. Something like that, even if the player in question went into the game with the best of intentions, could be just as damaging.

Other bets such as first goal or first score lead themselves to corruption. Such as what happened in the NRL last year.
After the 21st August 2010 Canterbury match against the North Queensland Cowboys Tandy became embroiled in a betting scandal. The TAB announced that 95 per cent of bets placed on the first scoring play of this match were for the unusual option of Cowboys penalty goal. Tandy is alleged to have placed some of these bets himself, and then taken action in the match to allow the opposing side to score a penalty goal. Tandy gave away possession to the Cowboys in the opening moments of the match by knocking on, and then gave away a penalty. These actions put the Cowboys in a position where a penalty goal was a likely outcome. However, the Cowboys decided on an attacking option and scored a try instead.

The Bulldogs player has strongly denied the accusations of deliberately giving away possession and a penalty to allow the exotic option on the bets to be successful. Despite this, Tandy was arrested on the 2nd February 2011 for providing false evidence to a law enforcement agency during the investigation of the betting scandal. The details of the alleged false evidence have not been made public
But then again, the moron got caught. The system works.

The biggest problem with the constant updating of odds throughout the game is the fact that it's something that Liberace would find tacky. And given the lack of real in-the-run betting in this country, it's also utterly pointless for anything above and beyond a marketing stunt, which has been ramped up this year, and which will eventually drive the introduction of live broadcasts of football, probably coast-to-coast.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

filthy2 wrote:Jude "I want a free" Bolton complains about the cow paddock last week and Vlad says "it was not up to standard"

and yet an AFL Official "Signs off" on the ground before each match...

sack the f****** prick if you are serious about it Vlad...... or do you put the head in the sand untl AFTER the game is played ???
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Corruption in AFL/VFL is not new - how do you reckon the Filth won all those premierships before WW2? Year after year the officals, and players were paid off by John Wren and his hench-men.

Collingwood always make me laugh banging on about their proud tradition and heritage. They've done nothing significant for the past 50 years - and the 50 years beforehand was based on theft, violence, lies and corruption. I guess if you're a Collingwood nuff nuff - that's something to be proud of.

Moving forward (don't we all just love that expression???) - They will once again exert ther filthy influence - cashed up - massive membership - massive influence and sports betting on this great game, will be sought and encouraged.
Last edited by hop on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

dodgey wrote:
filthy2 wrote:Jude "I want a free" Bolton complains about the cow paddock last week and Vlad says "it was not up to standard"

and yet an AFL Official "Signs off" on the ground before each match...

sack the f****** prick if you are serious about it Vlad...... or do you put the head in the sand untl AFTER the game is played ???
I think Vlad goes to more up market functions than games these days!
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

I think Vlad goes to more up market functions than games these days![/quote]

Yep , too true , Vlad was seen at an "A List first night " function in Melbourne last Saturday night instead of the first game of gold coast in Brisbane. Where are your priorities Vlad , after all the game pays your outrageous , fat salary. ($2mil plus last year)
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

hop wrote:Corruption in AFL/VFL is not new - how do you reckon the Filth won all those premierships before WW2? Year after year the officals, and players were paid off by John Wren and his hench-men.

Collingwood always make me laugh banging on about their proud tradition and heritage. They've done nothing significant for the past 50 years - and the 50 years beforehand was based on theft, violence, lies and corruption. I guess if you're a Collingwood nuff nuff - that's something to be proud of.

Moving forward (don't we all just love that expression???) - They will once again exert ther filthy influence - cashed up - massive membership - massive influence and sports betting on this great game will sort and encouraged.
Brilliant post Hop.

Sadly will pass over most here.

Dare I say Power without Glory. :roll:

They won 90 because Sumich caused a draw meaning a team that was 3 games ahead in the MacLleland lost a GF due to to lack of match practice and Sheedy's arrogant resting of many players in R22.

The Filth are exactly that; even the Age runs daily ruminations of the bowel movements of Filth players. That slag Fugly is married too also features by virtue of her latest tatt. :lol: I am seriously sick of them.

I sincerly hope and pray for mega long term injury's TO THE CUNNUS as sufferred by us since 2001 and see how good they are. :|
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

hop wrote:Corruption in AFL/VFL is not new - how do you reckon the Filth won all those premierships before WW2? Year after year the officals, and players were paid off by John Wren and his hench-men.

Moving forward (don't we all just love that expression???) - They will once again exert ther filthy influence - cashed up - massive membership - massive influence and sports betting on this great game will sort and encouraged.
Can me mark this down as post of the year?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

robrulz5 wrote:
filthy2 wrote:Jude "I want a free" Bolton complains about the cow paddock last week and Vlad says "it was not up to standard" Thanks for nothing shithead and I'll have salt please.

Corrupt c..t.
Can't stand Bolton, throws his head down in tackles and gets free kicks.

We all know the AFL is corrupt, they need Sydney to do well.
You think are they bad with Sydney...what do you reckon things will be like when GWS gets going...
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

OUch....That doesn't bear think about.