Gumby MUST come in.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Gumby MUST come in.

Post by robrulz5 »

No player should be in the side unless they can play 4 quarters which probably rules Gumby out at this stage. Hurley looked very sore for alot of the game so could be possibly struggle to get up for Sunday?
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

FWIW

Though Grant admitted the blowout was a disappointing way to start the season, he said the form of Scott Gumbleton was encouraging in his first major hit-out since the first round of the NAB Cup, while Ricky Dyson provided run from defence.

"Scotty was great. He was probably our most productive forward, he worked hard all day, he presented and took some really good contested marks. He was certainly a focal point up there for us," Grant said

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/a/Col ... ndigo/8071
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He did his hammie today. :( Will he ever get a good go?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

F111 wrote: Will he ever get a good go?
Doesn't seem like it. It will be at least 2-3 weeks probably more with his history depending on what grade strain he has.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

sack Quinn
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Sorted.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Contracted until the end of 2012 but with his injuries, it's getting close to the time where you write him off. Change of coaching staff, change of fitness & conditioning staff, back surgery last year which was supposed to 'fix' the problem, and he still can't play for more than 5 minutes without pinging his hamstring.

Very unfortunate but i reckon we're at the stage where we have to consider him a dead weight loss (with a small chance of ever coming good), and start looking at other options (Carlisle, Steinberg etc).
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I thought he'd be a monty to play against the Saints today. Instead they play him up there at the north pole (oops I mean Nth Ballarat) no wonder he did it (his hammy) Having lived there for many years that Nth Ballarat oval would have to be the coldest/windy-est most inhospitable place you could ever play football on this continent, particularly given the weather we had yesterday. Not a good career move for poor old Gumby I'm afraid
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

pevfan wrote:I thought he'd be a monty to play against the Saints today. Instead they play him up there at the north pole (oops I mean Nth Ballarat) no wonder he did it (his hammy) Having lived there for many years that Nth Ballarat oval would have to be the coldest/windy-est most inhospitable place you could ever play football on this continent, particularly given the weather we had yesterday. Not a good career move for poor old Gumby I'm afraid
Perfect testing ground for him in that case - epic fail
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

filthy2 wrote:He needs a chop out so Gumby....stuff your injury's....you kicked 2 in a thumping on Saturday in the Magoo's and took a lot of marks around the ground.....come in and give your mate a hand. :|

Sammy, sorry buddy...14 possies as a midfielder...not good enough.
Tell me Filth old buddy. In the end, which do you reckon was the poorest of your calls? :wink:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robbie67 wrote:
filthy2 wrote:He needs a chop out so Gumby....stuff your injury's....you kicked 2 in a thumping on Saturday in the Magoo's and took a lot of marks around the ground.....come in and give your mate a hand. :|

Tell me Filth old buddy. In the end, which do you reckon was the poorest of your calls? :wink:
Ouch :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Oh Robbie...the intellectual magnificence of hindsight......

Tell me...the grasshopper...how can i achieve that oh ObeoneKanNobi?

PS Clearly his "career is done" unless he he does a Dean Wallis who was similarly afflicted playing a 100...missing a 150.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

[quote="filthy2"]Tell me...the grasshopper...how can i achieve that oh ObeoneKanNobi?

[ quote]

Just be patient old cockroach, and follow the wisdom of the chosen, you will feel the force of the open forward line, and the sexual urgency of the in and under wonder.......
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

A Heady?

I am married.....it doesn't happen...that is why she was smiling walking down the aisle! :(
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robbie67 wrote:

Do we only have these couple to pick from?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

filthy2 wrote:Oh Robbie...the intellectual magnificence of hindsight......

PS Clearly his "career is done" unless he he does a Dean Wallis who was similarly afflicted playing a 100...missing a 150.
What do you mean hindsight? We told you that you were full of shit prior to the game.. Are you going to blame Quinn for your shit calls now?
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Gimps wrote:

What do you mean hindsight? We told you that you were full of shit prior to the game.. Are you going to blame Quinn for your shit calls now?
Calling you an idiot would be an insult to all the stupid people.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gimps wrote:

Give it a rest.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:

Slap a muzzle on Gimps. Your routine is running out of fans
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

filthy2 wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Calling you an idiot would be an insult to all the stupid people.
Well, you must be an imbocile then Filthy, because all idiots and stupid people know the difference between hindsight and foresight.

And boys, when he stops pretending to be the 'Oracle' (and maybe admit when he is wrong), I'll give it a rest. Until then, I'm just looking forward to the next conspiracy theory after our next loss.