For sale.....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

For sale.....

Post by jimmyc1985 »

One young brain. Hardly ever used. Extremely limited cerebral capacity, but has a large motor cortex. Brain also has tendency to habitually lie and bullshit. Work ethic part of brain remains a 'renovator's dream':

http://sanfl.com.au/default.aspx?s=news ... aid=113362
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

The lights are on but is anyone home?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sounds like a plan.

Ask South Adelaide what else we have to give if we give them Henneman. Would they actually like a footballer or are they happy to take retards?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

If things dont work out with Port the circus can always use another monkey
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

All previous reports I had read were saying how he had turned it around, was committed to his football and may be considered in the PSD.

Going on this info I was of the view we shoud consider, even though I know we probably wouldnt.

However, clearly his club's view is that he is still as fat, lazy and stupid as ever. What a bloody fool and embarrassment to the human race that bloke is. IMO one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen a wasted talent.

On the other hand, interesting that they can revise an existing contract though. Not sure how that works?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sol wrote:However, clearly his club's view is that he is still as fat, lazy and stupid as ever. What a bloody fool and embarrassment to the human race that bloke is. IMO one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen a wasted talent.
See the thing is, you could use those same words to describe Rioli. And Sheeds made sure he got to 100 games.

Rioli was fat and lazy. If he had got his body right instead of eating turtles, he probably wouldnt have had the hamstring injuries he sustained. When your legs are carrying that much weight, they are going to cave eventually.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
Sol wrote:However, clearly his club's view is that he is still as fat, lazy and stupid as ever. What a bloody fool and embarrassment to the human race that bloke is. IMO one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen a wasted talent.
See the thing is, you could use those same words to describe Rioli. And Sheeds made sure he got to 100 games.

Rioli was fat and lazy. If he had got his body right instead of eating turtles, he probably wouldnt have had the hamstring injuries he sustained. When your legs are carrying that much weight, they are going to cave eventually.
Well said, and exactly right. Fat and lazy Cupido kicked 55 goals and played several games from the half back flank. I suppose lazy bastard was supposed to kick 200 goals.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Filthy wrote:The lights are on but is anyone home?
Lights are on??? You must be referring to the lights that start flashing once he hits the powder. Otherwise, he's an emtpy vessel. Poor bloke. I feel sorry for him.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

55 goals must be seen as a good year.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

And to think some were actually calling for his return to EFC.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:And to think some were actually calling for his return to EFC.
Would have come 2nd in our Best & Fairest going on those stats.....
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

completely random,

how'd ben haynes go where ever he played? last time i heard he was ripping it up.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

did very well in the SNAFL, can't remember with which club, but I'm pretty certain he won the best and fairest and polled very well in the magery medal from the bits a pieces I remember hearing about him this year.

not really surprising, used to rip it up in the VFL as well, just wasn't capable of taking the step up to the AFL.
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

Sol wrote: Rioli was fat and lazy. If he had got his body right instead of eating turtles, he probably wouldnt have had the hamstring injuries he sustained. When your legs are carrying that much weight, they are going to cave eventually.
I am not sure why but the thought of Rioli devouring turtles is amusing to me :lol:

A brief Tiwi Update:

NTFL Ladder After Round 5

1 TIWI ISLANDS 5 5 0 0 0 0 611 378 161.64 20
2 SOUTHERN DISTRICTS 5 4 1 0 0 0 551 234 235.47 16
3 WARATAH 5 3 1 1 0 0 509 376 135.37 14
4 NIGHTCLIFF 5 3 2 0 0 0 434 399 108.77 12

5 WANDERERS 5 2 2 1 0 0 481 482 99.79 10
6 PALMERSTON MAGPIES 5 1 4 0 0 0 396 536 73.88 4
7 ST MARYS 5 1 4 0 0 0 171 411 41.61 4
8 DARWIN 5 0 5 0 0 0 266 603 44.11 0

Last Uploaded : Wed, 15 Nov 06 - 2:05 PM (AU EST)

Deano's Tiwi Bombers are kicking arse - Great to see!
I will miss watching him next year, a career cut tragically short by injury and as Sol says Turtles.....

Ben Haynes (Still in Red & Black!)won the B&F for West Adelaide by heaps it seems, This is from their website:

MEDIA RELEASE
16 October 2006
The West Adelaide Football Club held their Player Presentation Evening on Friday October 13 and is pleased to advise of the following award winners:

Steve Hamra Medal (League Best & Fairest)

1st Ben Haynes 229 votes
2nd Marc Dragicevic 196 votes
3rd Charles Slattery 100 votes

I liked the look of him in a Bomber jumper, probably could have used another year to develop. Anyone know where Paul Thomas is now?
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

Paul Thomas is playing for Central Districts, also other familiar names to be listed on there 2006 list are stuart cochrane and stuart dew? (already?)

http://www.cdfc.com.au/squad.htm
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The Don wrote:
Sol wrote:
Hmmm....wonder if he's any relation to Henry?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote:
The Don wrote:
Sol wrote:
Hmmm....wonder if he's any relation to Henry?
If so, whats the deal with the names...Charles, Henry? Whats the youngest brother's name....Albert?