Simon Madden got dropped.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

Simon Madden got dropped.

Post by filthy2 »

And he became a bigger champion than what he was.

Dropping his head in the 3rd and dropping a seriously important mark in the 4th that made Hirdy slam his drink bottle into his desk, should see him dropped next week if this new coaching mob is fair dinkum.
Last edited by filthy2 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Sinon Madden got dropped.

Post by robbie67 »

Here we go again. After round 2 it was Lonergan, this week it's Ryder. If you were in charge the team would be a bigger revolving door then when Knights was in charge.

I was worried if the three of them played together, one would play poorly, and now it has happened. I dont know what the answer is, but dropping Ryder isnt it.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

robbie67 wrote:Here we go again. After round 2 it was Lonergan, this week it's Ryder. If you were in charge the team would be a bigger revolving door then when Knights was in charge.

I was worried if the three of them played together, one would play poorly, and now it has happened. I dont know what the answer is, but dropping Ryder isnt it.
This^

and filth pls check your spelling....Cause who the fk Is Sinon Madden
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I wouldn't drop him. I'd send him down back. Today was a perfect opportunity to do that, as both NLM and Hooker were struggling.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i dunno what's up with Ryder but he's had 2 average games, no point dropping him for a game against GC, perfect game to gain some form
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

He WAS being seriously held when he dropped that mark in the last. It certainly looked like he'd dropped what was almost a sitter watching it live but on the replay you could see that he virturally had only one arm free...shoulda been a free. But, having said that, yeah...he needs to lift quite a few cogs on todays and last weeks performance...so does Hurley.

I was at last weeks game but only saw todays on the box; but from what I couldsee on the telly, todays game looked like a carbon copy of last weeks...long "kick and hope" bombs into the forward line only to see it rebound back twice as fast. I know the press are congratulating us on this but I'm not so sure that it's going to work long term. It'd be good tactics if we had a Lloyd or a Lucas down there but we aint. We are relying very heavily on Hurley and Ryder having good days. Over the past two weeks that hasn't happened and I'm not so sure that that situation will be all that easy to remedy with opposition sides "working us out" as it were. To me, we are playing a hell of a lot on pure heart at the moment. We sorta hanging in there in games without any one particular player dominating. As I say it's just pure heart ATM and I'm not sure how further "pure heart" can carry us without sorting out the structeral problems that we still have ...IMHO.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jazz_84 wrote:i dunno what's up with Ryder but he's had 2 average games, no point dropping him for a game against GC, perfect game to gain some form
exactly what i was going to post... a game against a smallish GC opponent who have only played 5 games of AFL is a perfect opportunity for Ryder to shine.

Will all 3 big men play again next week though.. Hille and TB were quite good in patches.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I don't want Ryder dropped, but right now, if a decision was made to go back to 2 ruckmen...Ryder should be the one out.

Obviously I have no insight at all into the club and Paddy's thinking, but I would guess that Paddy would think he is no chance of being dropped.
Having this happen, one would hope, would lead to him pulling up his socks and saying "I'm never bloody letting this happen again".

Interested to see which way we go.
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

I Like Gringo's idea of putting Ryder down back. Should certainly have done that in the last quarter, especially after Fletch strained his knee and had to come off. He's too much of a natural talent to drop down to the twos and could nicely fill the hole left by Pears until he comes back.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

juff wrote:I Like Gringo's idea of putting Ryder down back. Should certainly have done that in the last quarter, especially after Fletch strained his knee and had to come off. He's too much of a natural talent to drop down to the twos and could nicely fill the hole left by Pears until he comes back.
I said this all week, and about 2 minutes before Hirdy actually put him down there.. Should've kept him there.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So a couple of bungles from Ryder should attract the axe but a horror day from Monfries and some circus acts from Stanton is OK?

They scragged our big blokes all day and got away with it. Fletch put a hand on Dawes' back and KABOOM!
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Both Ryder and Hurley were being raped by their opponents all day without any chance of a free kick coming their way.

Even if the same thing happens next week they should be strong enough to beat a younger opponent and take a few marks.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

robrulz5 wrote:Both Ryder and Hurley were being raped by their opponents all day without any chance of a free kick coming their way.

Even if the same thing happens next week they should be strong enough to beat a younger opponent and take a few marks.
Fixed Nomolos.

This as Robulz wrote was also true. It is so bleeding obvious and this blocking the man on the mark...5m rule?

But as Mrs M (?) said its like he believes he won't get dropped.

But I remember when Simon got dropped in the early the 80's just after Sheeds arrived, he had been a top player for a while. He must had a attitude or something and Sheeds dropped him. He then arrived late for the ressies and they put him on the bench.

He then came back and became an even better player as we saw in the glory years.

A rocket up the couta can sometimes work a treat and we are developing real depth with the ressies going super well (although a quick look at the injury list shows no one coming back anytime soon.)

He should at least be put on notice. As I said in the last quarter when he dropped that mark that got raced out after he did, Hirdy smashed his drink bottle onto his desk....something the usually unflappable James just doesn't do....well until yesterday. :roll:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Simon Madden got dropped.

Post by swoodley »

The fact of the matter is that of the three ruckmen in the team, Ryder is the one who is currently performing the worst.

Hille has only just come back in and played much better than Ryder yesterday and Belly has not put a foot wrong all year (and deserves his spot in the team).
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Swoodley that signature of yours needs changing...you've misquoted me.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

gringo wrote:Swoodley that signature of yours needs changing...you've misquoted me.
hahaha...I don't think so Gringo...maybe you've just changed your mind since then :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Didnt Ryder play a full season at CHB early in his career? Surely he would be a better option on guys like Cloke than say, Cale Hooker? With Bellchambers doing well, isnt Ryder to CHB a realistic option, certainly whilst Pears remains sidelined.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Didnt Ryder play a full season at CHB early in his career? Surely he would be a better option on guys like Cloke than say, Cale Hooker? With Bellchambers doing well, isnt Ryder to CHB a realistic option, certainly whilst Pears remains sidelined.
Yes...... and is a good idea for him to be able to run straight on rather than having to take possession and turn toward goal to get confidence back. Stupid thing he was killing them only 2-3 weeks ago. What happened? Anyway Hirdy said the 3 talls will need tinkering with and this maybe an option whilst Tayte is out, and also to rebalance the forward line to accommodate Gus who seems confused as to his role with Crameri tearing the opposition a new one and playing above his height. 2 talls, Gus and Crameri, and Froggy and Jetta maybe the solution.

Maybe won't get dropped but guys like Hirdy, Bomba and Wally will be right up him this week I'm thinking. :|
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

filthy2 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Didnt Ryder play a full season at CHB early in his career? Surely he would be a better option on guys like Cloke than say, Cale Hooker? With Bellchambers doing well, isnt Ryder to CHB a realistic option, certainly whilst Pears remains sidelined.
Yes...... and is a good idea for him to be able to run straight on rather than having to take possession and turn toward goal to get confidence back. Stupid thing he was killing them only 2-3 weeks ago. What happened? Anyway Hirdy said the 3 talls will need tinkering with and this maybe an option whilst Tayte is out, and also to rebalance the forward line to accommodate Gus who seems confused as to his role with Crameri tearing the opposition a new one and playing above his height. 2 talls, Gus and Crameri, and Froggy and Jetta maybe the solution.

Maybe won't get dropped but guys like Hirdy, Bomba and Wally will be right up him this week I'm thinking. :|
WIndy - Ryder would have struggled on Cloke as it was his bulk that enabled him to beat Hooker (and Hooker is bigger than Ryder)

Filth...maybe Monfries could take a leaf out of Crameri's book and start playing "on the ground" rather than competing in the air against our talls. I can remember one time when he stayed down on Monday and the ball came to ground....he was able to grab it and drive it forward....that is his role and the sooner he realises it, the better he will be and the better the team will be.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Yup...well said Woody. And Gus going that speccy crueling the 2 big guys it was meant for :roll: