Simon Madden got dropped.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Re: Simon Madden got dropped.

Post by pevfan »

Yep, I too like the idea of Paddy at CHB. While Hooker may be a tad bigger, and don't get me wrong I like him, he has plenty of heart, can read the play well and take a good grab but he doesn't have anything like Paddy's motor or mobility and that is what told against Cale on Monday and I'd suggest, also the week before against the scum. In both games he started off very well but by the last, he'd spent all his petrol tickets...was of course very much exposed by Cloke in the last on Monday where he kicked 3 on him late in the day.

With TB doing so well in the ruck, to me it makes a lot of sense.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Simon Madden got dropped.

Post by swoodley »

pevfan wrote:Yep, I too like the idea of Paddy at CHB. While Hooker may be a tad bigger, and don't get me wrong I like him, he has plenty of heart, can read the play well and take a good grab but he doesn't have anything like Paddy's motor or mobility and that is what told against Cale on Monday and I'd suggest, also the week before against the scum. In both games he started off very well but by the last, he'd spent all his petrol tickets...was of course very much exposed by Cloke in the last on Monday where he kicked 3 on him late in the day.

With TB doing so well in the ruck, to me it makes a lot of sense.
What Hooker has got over Ryder is the desire to get to, and compete in, every contest.

I would rather have Hooker giving his all each and every week than Ryder's occasional efforts.

For a player of such undoubted ability, Ryder really should be dominating games on a regular basis and the difference between his good an bad games should be way less than it is.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012