Jetta

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

Jetta

Post by hop »

Have been a massive critic of this guy since he came across from the West. Always struck me as the ugly sister/girlfriend of the bloke we wanted - Ryder. Played small, inconsistent, flighty, dumb and lazy in his first 3 years.

Seems to me he had an epiphany - Knights chucked him in into the middle at the end of last year and we saw something.
He has pace - granted: - All of a sudden he had endeavour, was clean, and had a boot.

2011 - he has all of that again + belief.

Could be as important as Michael Long.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Jetta

Post by robrulz5 »

Another thing that has become apparent is that he is a team player. This can also be a negative at times as he sometimes tries to pass when he should shoot for goal. His pass to Remiers at the Lloyd end while being tackle was exceptional.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Needs to keep his feet more and not worry about his opponent.

In the 3rd (?) quarter, Crameri kicks the ball in front of him, Jetta fumbles the ball (ala ANZAC day 2009), but this time continues to chase it then snaps it back to the center of the goals where Riemers takes a mark. Well done!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:Needs to keep his feet more and not worry about his opponent.

In the 3rd (?) quarter, Crameri kicks the ball in front of him, Jetta fumbles the ball (ala ANZAC day 2009), but this time continues to chase it then snaps it back to the center of the goals where Riemers takes a mark. Well done!

Not to be picky Rosso, but he actually collected the ball cleanly - no fumble, but the bounce of the ball forced him away from the goal and thuse the need to twist and turn, then snap the pass to Reimers.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I had given up on him at the end of 2009. I thought he was too timid and seemed to be chronically plagued by the fumble fairy.

He really did need to harden the f*** up. He dropped his head too easily when things went wrong and just had psychological issues when having a shot for goal (which still exists to some extent).

But he has hardened up. Last year I saw some agro towards an opposition player for the first time. He attacks the ball with more tenacity, and certainly goes in hard for a tackle.

I'm rapt for him. He has come a long way and can still improve a lot - and I hope he continues to improve. He needs to work on getting focussed on nailing goals when within easy range. Just f***'n nail like it like Boris used to! He showed what he can do when he kicked a 60 metre bomb on Anzac Day. Why the hesitation from 30 metres?

Keep up the good work Leroy!
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Did anyone else notice him call our opposition the Gold Coast Bears before the game on the recording shown on the scoreboard? :lol:
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

hop wrote:

:shock: :shock:

I definitely agree he is improving in all of the areas you and the other posters have mentioned above....but Michael Long? Hmmmm :P
Hopefully noone is nasty enough to store this away for the future :wink:
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

BomberinJapan wrote:
hop wrote:

I definitely agree he is improving in all of the areas you and the other posters have mentioned above....but Michael Long? Hmmmm :P
Thanks B.J. :oops: Perhaps one too many self-satisfied reds last night.

Still - happy to stand by it - let the footballing Gods have their way.

Go Leroy - you good thing!!!!!!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Really pleased that he has come on. He looked to be yet another player enticed to the club who had the talent but not the application. My first indication of a change was how he had bulked up around the chest and shoulders from last year. The second was his second and third efforts whereas last year he would just give up when unable to perform the miraculous play. The confidence with goal kicking will come and the willingness to offload rather than kick is probably a hangover from not really feeling part of the team and trying to demonstrate his "team" traits.

His work with Paddy will be something to savour over the forthcoming years.

The most obvious is the lift in confidence due to the coaching team and Hirdy in particular. ada about another 6 players to this list as well
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

hop wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
hop wrote:

Thanks B.J. :oops: Perhaps one too many self-satisfied reds last night.

Still - happy to stand by it - let the footballing Gods have their way.

Go Leroy - you good thing!!!!!!
haha...I did detect a possible drink-and-post :)
I'd love for you to be correct!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Looks a complately different player this season after showing a few signs at the end of last year.

Has probably gone past Davey as well IMO with the way he is able to get his own ball but still keep up his chasing and tackling pressure.

Very quickly becoming one of my faves!!! :D
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Has filled out physically too. Looks like a good cut of a footballer now whereas in the past...well...he didn't. There is no doubt this bigger and harder body has made an enormous difference to his game.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

pevfan wrote:Has filled out physically too. Looks like a good cut of a footballer now whereas in the past...well...he didn't. There is no doubt this bigger and harder body has made an enormous difference to his game.
It's about modelling body shape and ensuring the body develops for the role they intend he plays mostly in I s'pose. It takes 3-4 years for that to happen for most of 'em, and in that time they also develop the endurance and skills to maintain their form and fitness for the full season. Hopefully their bodies hold up during the process, but as we all know, that's a rare thing.

It's also the rare player that steps into and maintains consistent good form from the age of 18, yet many supporters love to get stuck in no matter what.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He is also using his elusiveness a lot better. I think it was the last quarter when he had three on him, look to bomb it in, hesitated did a 360 then found a target inside 50. With the flooding in today's game we need more guys with this poise delivering to the forwards.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Was considered a bargain draft pick, I think we got him with a second rounder. Now starting to show why.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He was good again today. While his best has gotten better, he also doesnt put those shockers in anymore when the only time he was seen was stuffing something up. One of about a dozen players we have gotten a lot of improvment from.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I was a massive critic of him but he has proved me wrong this year. Always had the skills but now has the body/engine to do it at a consistent level and his repeat efforts (tackling, smothering etc) have improved too. Well done that man. He was good again today.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Provided the spark today.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

hop wrote:Provided the spark today.
Yes. His run through the middle was a massive boost.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Fair to say IMO he has covered for Lovett and is in fact more consistent.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark