Hirdy on Gumby & DD

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Hirdy on Gumby & DD

Post by robrulz5 »

juff wrote:Ha, sounds like this forum is populated by a bunch of old crocks :P

If it's disk related, probably the best thing you can do is exercise that improves your core strength - swimming and pilates are good. No easy solutions, just repetitive boring exercise for the rest of your life. Still, there are worse things ...

Yes along with back extension exercises to reduce the derangement of the disc.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Physio's are shite as they believe their own hype, they know nothing about sport injuries.

With Gumby they surely would have been neural symptoms that would have pointed to a nerve problem. A long term nerve problem at the top of the buttock is usually sciatica caused by a tight piriformis muscle.
Yeah, physio's are only good for a massage..
Half of them don't even do that, just throw on a TENS machine or a heat pack and leave the room to see the other patient they double booked!
Just gotta find the good ones. The physio's at Windy Hill are fantastic. I've been going there over the years and they are sensational. Couldn't speak more highly of them. And I've been to the type you've mentioned - hook you up on a machine and leave you alone for the entire consultation. They are a f****** useless waste of space.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

haha and im nice and young, asshole horse's busting up my body...... gotta find something else seriously
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Jazz_84 wrote:
haha and im nice and young, asshole horse's busting up my body...... gotta find something else seriously
Ok Jazz I read that as "I'm a nice and young asshole" :lol:

You're all soft.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Megan wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
just the way you like it em megan
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Rossoneri wrote:
gringo wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Could you have a defence of:

Slattery Pears Dempsey
Hooker Hurley Hardingham
Not bad, although Fletcher in for Hooker. Pretty bloody solid back six though. Pears and Hurley would just dice em up.

It's starting to come together down at Windy Hill.
I was talking Post-Fletch as I reckon this is his last season.
Go and wash you mouth out with soap - thats a disgusting thing to say!!! :D :D

He has 2-3 more left in him - f*** me he ran down Gartlett to save a game and I listened to Judd on the radio the other day after they beat St Failure raving on about how Gatlett is the quickest bloke going around!!!!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
filthy2 wrote:Gumby: sent to Canberra (AIS?) where it was discovered a long term nerve injury at the top of his butt-TOCK that causes his hammy to continually ping.
Shouldn't they have found this years ago?
It can be hard to find these things, bit like Filthy trying to find his testicles..

Think I have mentioned this before.. but.. I have been to numerous chiro's, naturopaths, physios, sports doctors and yeah, pretty much the works. I've had cat scans, MRI's, x-ray's. Nobody could figure out what was wrong with mine. I gave up on the medico's about 7 or 8 years ago. I just live with it now. Perhaps in a few years time, I'll go back and see if they have come up with something better.
Didnt realise you needed the above mentioned technologies to locate a brain
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:. And I've been to the type you've mentioned - hook you up on a machine and leave you alone for the entire consultation. They are a f****** useless waste of space.
I'm determined to make sure I don't become like that!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
Shouldn't they have found this years ago?
It can be hard to find these things, bit like Filthy trying to find his testicles..

Think I have mentioned this before.. but.. I have been to numerous chiro's, naturopaths, physios, sports doctors and yeah, pretty much the works. I've had cat scans, MRI's, x-ray's. Nobody could figure out what was wrong with mine. I gave up on the medico's about 7 or 8 years ago. I just live with it now. Perhaps in a few years time, I'll go back and see if they have come up with something better.
Didnt realise you needed the above mentioned technologies to locate a brain[/quote]

Yeah yeah.. just like you'd need a microscope to see your schlong from a MM away..
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Megan wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

You're all soft.
We'd see who is soft if I had my way with you :wink:
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Yep, me too. Got well and truly F***d up by a physio several years ago treating my bad back. Cost me about 6 months off work. Ended up getting it fixed with an apidural into the base of the spine....never looked back since (touch wood)

But yeah, you'd think a club like Essendon with all their war bonds still available would not leave a stone unturned when it came to the fitness of its players. Look at Jarrod Rooke, the Cats didn't quibble with him. Sent him off the Germany with his chronic hammies...a few injections of cows blood and bingo he's gone on to be part of a premiership side