That's a loss we had coming.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

That's a loss we had coming.

Post by robbie67 »

We should know that when we have to expect a lot from Reimers, Slattery, NLM, and Stanton they almost never deliver, in fact under pressure they never do. We have to look at blokes that can come into the side, and replace them, because I dont think we can win a flag if any of those four have much more of a role than the substitute.

Reimers is a down hill skier of the highest order. Slattery has no poise.....zero, nada, none. NLM is the most over rated player ever at Essendon. Stanton has let things over the fence get to him to the extent that he cant contribute at all.......which really does prove he doesnt have the mental toughness to cope with playing for a contender week in, and week out.

Yes, we need the break, yes the maggots did us no favours, but most of all we were let down by the same blokes who have let us down for years.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: That's a loss we had coming.

Post by s'dreams »

You forgot Ryder and Davey ...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Davey is excused, the 50 meter penalty when he came on was bullshit, and he did some ok things. It's difficult for the sub to find the tempo, particularly if you havent been playing in the seniors. I thought he did some nice things in the final quarter. I take your point about Ryder though, he needs to lift in a hurry.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

robbie67 wrote:Davey is excused, the 50 meter penalty when he came on was bullshit, and he did some ok things. It's difficult for the sub to find the tempo, particularly if you havent been playing in the seniors. I thought he did some nice things in the final quarter. I take your point about Ryder though, he needs to lift in a hurry.
How?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I thought Natrat played very well tonight...

Still I agree that tonights loss was coming, we looked quite fatigued coming off our interstate trip last week and missing a few key players from the side.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Sad to say ... I gave up on Ryder about 1-2 weeks ago... GWS is welcome to him (and I hope we get something semi-decent in return).
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Lovett Murray I thought was pretty good too.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Slattery and NLM did their jobs
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Slattery and NLM did their jobs
Could I have one of them jobs please? Slattery was completely useless, and NLM always is.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

boncer34 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Davey is excused, the 50 meter penalty when he came on was bullshit, and he did some ok things. It's difficult for the sub to find the tempo, particularly if you havent been playing in the seniors. I thought he did some nice things in the final quarter. I take your point about Ryder though, he needs to lift in a hurry.
How?
The Davey 50? The Richmond player clearly moves off his line, and Davey stops him. It was an awful 50.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
How?
The Davey 50? The Richmond player clearly moves off his line, and Davey stops him. It was an awful 50.

See OP "Ass Raped" for more thoughts on the moronic umpiring
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Yep, we had that loss comng alright - but personally I'm blaming the "dream" coaching panel.
The game plan going inside 50 sucks the big ones - any numbskull can see what we'll do - bomb it long...every...single...time. Yawns.
So the rest of the comp have woken up to us, and are effectively countering it. Have done for the last few weeks actually.
You'd reckon with the "best coaching panel in history", they'd have worked out some sort of better system by now.
And I think maybe that's part of the reason the players named earlier aren't living up to expectations - this game plan doesn't utilise their strengths very well. If we could run and carry a bit, and use the ball effectively to outside players some of the time, we'd look a lot slicker and more threatening.
I reckon the scoreboard flattered us tonight. Every time Richmond went forward they looked dangerous. When we went forward it was just hoping we'd get lucky from the mad scramble that followed the inevitable pack marking situation. I guess we'd be a chance if we had three Jetta's down there.
We're playing with a lot of energy and determination, and after the last couple of years that's great to see, but we're going to need some more system to our play to actually be a threat.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

50 metres - Davey - Ok I can accept that so why was it not payed down the other end of the ground...
And while I'm at it Well done idiots for destroying Stantons confidence completely now...
You bunch of spastics... [-X
Good to see though that Stants had a shocker and nobody booed or jeered him...
Please turn it around now...
When Hirdy speaks we sit up and take notice...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

stryper wrote:50 metres - Davey - Ok I can accept that so why was it not payed down the other end of the ground...
And while I'm at it Well done idiots for destroying Stantons confidence completely now...

Stanton was beyond appaling tonight and I hope HIrd makes him sit up and take notice.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote:
stryper wrote:50 metres - Davey - Ok I can accept that so why was it not payed down the other end of the ground...

Stanton was beyond appaling tonight and I hope HIrd makes him sit up and take notice.
A couple more should be added to this list.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Lloydy could see it coming...nominated it before the game. He thought they looked very flat the week before and then you throw in injuries and stupidness to lose Watson and Hocking on top of ALL the other injuries and Yes...it certainly was a loss we had coming...the bye can't come soon enough for us ATM.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

stryper wrote: Good to see though that Stants had a shocker and nobody booed or jeered him...
You must have been at a different game as he was booed every time he went near the ball.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

pevfan wrote:Lloydy could see it coming...nominated it before the game. He thought they looked very flat the week before and then you throw in injuries and stupidness to lose Watson and Hocking on top of ALL the other injuries and Yes...it certainly was a loss we had coming...the bye can't come soon enough for us ATM.
Not only Lloydy saw this coming

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11474
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

wasn't at the game tonight but it couldn't have been too bad as it didn't come across tv as it did 2 weeks ago...
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Could've done with the bye this week. Over the past few weeks, the game plan has slackened off. The long balls are done without any thought. The forward press has become half-arsed at times. Seeing Rich go coast-to-coast was unbearable. Having said that, you take 2 of your best midfielders out of a team's rotations and it's going to have an effect. We still won the hitouts (albeit against a 6 gamer) (+15), dominated the contested ball (+34), and clearances (+22), and had 12 more inside 50s. Credit to Lonergan, Heppell, McVeigh, Howlett. That should be a positive, but the fact that we lost highlights how ordinary we were in other areas.

We really were beyond awful moving the ball. Only had 7 players above 70% efficiency and had 54 clangers for the game. Richmond had 17 players above 70% and 49 clangers.
Reminded me of the Dawks loss last yr, letting them out the back on cheap counter-attacks, and letting them spread too easily.