The bullshit is starting again

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: The bullshit is starting again

Post by BenDoolan »

Ossie wrote: To be fair - he did.
"We really lost it in that first quarter and the psychology of football is that we have to work out why we started like that, but I think Fremantle were better for more of the game than we were," Hird said.

"We had a good patch in the last quarter, but it was a disappointing effort overall.

"We lost our structure a couple of times, which was disappointing, because we have talked about that. They certainly dictated to our players where they went, which was disappointing as well. Structurally the first quarter was very disappointing and we didn't start the way we should have."
FFS some of you people are deluded.
And to be fair, I'm only commenting on what is presented in here. I never heard the press conference.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I am NOT the one throwing the towel. I honestly believe we can re-find our early form this year. All I am saying, even if we do re capture our better form we still cant be considered a top side as yet. The carry on from some people throughout these threads is ridiculous.

Richmond, Melbourne and particularly Fremantle are all very capable of playing pretty good footy. Its not such a disgrace to lose to these sides - its bloody annoying because confidence and success breeds greater confidence and success. You will also notice each of these sides played possibly their best footy to beat us.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

BenDoolan wrote:
Ossie wrote: To be fair - he did.
"We really lost it in that first quarter and the psychology of football is that we have to work out why we started like that, but I think Fremantle were better for more of the game than we were," Hird said.

"We had a good patch in the last quarter, but it was a disappointing effort overall.

"We lost our structure a couple of times, which was disappointing, because we have talked about that. They certainly dictated to our players where they went, which was disappointing as well. Structurally the first quarter was very disappointing and we didn't start the way we should have."
FFS some of you people are deluded.
And to be fair, I'm only commenting on what is presented in here. I never heard the press conference.
Fair enough. Just shows how you can twist words to say whatever you want really!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:I am NOT the one throwing the towel. I honestly believe we can re-find our early form this year. All I am saying, even if we do re capture our better form we still cant be considered a top side as yet. The carry on from some people throughout these threads is ridiculous.
Why is it 'ridiculous'? The only ridiculous thing I see is the serious lack of effort on the footy field. And there's no denying that. And even more 'riduculous' is the fact it aint because of our inexperienced players that we're crap all of a sudden, it's blokes with over 100 games experience.
Richmond, Melbourne and particularly Fremantle are all very capable of playing pretty good footy. Its not such a disgrace to lose to these sides - its bloody annoying because confidence and success breeds greater confidence and success. You will also notice each of these sides played possibly their best footy to beat us.
Newsflash:
:arrow: Richmond haven't won a game since playing us.
:arrow: Melbourne had 3 debutants, 5 players under 5 games experience and a total of 12 players with under 30 games experience.
:arrow: Freo had only won one game out of the last 5 weeks (beating only Port).
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Newsflash:
:arrow: Melbourne had 3 debutants, 5 players under 5 games experience and a total of 12 players with under 30 games experience.
How many games have Richmond played in Darwin ? They then played Sydney in Sydney. Melbourne's form against us is more reflective of their abilities than their prior form and they had 2 big inclusions in the names of Scully and Trengrove. They historically always fire up against us.

Freo stuck with Hawthorn here for 3 quarters until Hawthorn got a run on.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:

Newsflash:
How many games have Richmond played in Darwin ? They then played Sydney in Sydney. Melbourne's form against us is more reflective of their abilities than their prior form and they had 2 big inclusions in the names of Scully and Trengrove. They historically always fire up against us.

Unvelievable.
Essendunny
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

MH_Bomber wrote:Firstly BomberFan why listen to SEN ? Secondly why pay any heed to anyone of Richmond or Carlton persuasion ? They say the same things about us when we are flying !!!!!
Touche! But it wasn't anyone of Carlton persuasions praising the likes of Duigan and Co., it was KB and I have to say it made me sick to my stomach. If it was Carlton supporters, I would have just laughed at them but it was someone who I'm sure hates Carlton probably more than some of us here do. FFS I really hope some of these Carlton players stink it up in September. And it is always nice to hear from fellow Bomber supporters bemoaning another loss as it always helps the psychological healing process at least in my case. And there's not any other stations that have footy talkback on a Monday morning that I know of at least.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

MH_Bomber wrote:

Newsflash:

The only one of the teams we played in the last three games that should have worried us (if we're as good as people thought) is Fremantle.

We never travel well and Subiaco has been a graveyard for many a Bomber team over the years.

But we should not have lost to Richmond and what sort of nonsense is it to say that Melbourne "historically fire up against us"

Historically, we beat Melbourne (the stats support this).

The fact is that we have played shit football for the last month and have lost accordingly.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

MH_Bomber wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Wow - it takes until you get to the most elite level of a sport that you have been playing most of your life until you learn to play contested football.[/quote]

Okay lets re-appoint Matthew Knights then !!! :shock:

For God's sake the last three years we have been on the end of some terrible hidings because of a completely non accountable game plan. Earth to TonySoprano - we are trying to unlearn bad habits and learn proper accountable footy.[/quote]

And what's your reasoning behind why are we unlearning all the good habits we had from about Rounds 1 to 8?
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

The reasoning is that it quite common for sides to have a form slump particularly young sides that have been down for a long time. They are learning the new game plan. A game plan that they we're capable of sustaining with as full complement of players. The other thing is other sides have not been caught by surprise and have caught up in the fitness level department.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:The reasoning is that it quite common for sides to have a form slump particularly young sides that have been down for a long time. They are learning the new game plan. A game plan that they we're capable of sustaining with as full complement of players. The other thing is other sides have not been caught by surprise and have caught up in the fitness level department.
That's the simplistic view.

But our issues aren't fitness. We showed we could run out the game no problem. I don't think we raised a sweat all game. It's the pathetic feeble minded attitude they've been carrying lately. The enthusiasm and intesity they began the season with has fizzled into nothing.

But you'll note that the enthusiasm and intensity of our youngest player (Dyson Heppell) has not waned. So, the question mark must be pointed at the likes those with 100+ games experience and where their mindset is. They should be leading the way instead of being a bloody burden.

Looking back at the last 3 losses, I would suggest our best player in each game has been Heppell, Melksham and Jetta. So you could hardly blame "youth" for our form slump.
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

BenDoolan wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:The reasoning is that it quite common for sides to have a form slump particularly young sides that have been down for a long time. They are learning the new game plan. A game plan that they we're capable of sustaining with as full complement of players. The other thing is other sides have not been caught by surprise and have caught up in the fitness level department.
That's the simplistic view.

But our issues aren't fitness. We showed we could run out the game no problem. I don't think we raised a sweat all game. It's the pathetic feeble minded attitude they've been carrying lately. The enthusiasm and intesity they began the season with has fizzled into nothing.

But you'll note that the enthusiasm and intensity of our youngest player (Dyson Heppell) has not waned. So, the question mark must be pointed at the likes those with 100+ games experience and where their mindset is. They should be leading the way instead of being a bloody burden.

Looking back at the last 3 losses, I would suggest our best player in each game has been Heppell, Melksham and Jetta. So you could hardly blame "youth" for our form slump.
Agree. It's certainly not the youth...i totally understand the frustrations of many of those players we've seen over the past few years get games and deliver zilch. Maybe Hirdy will swing the axe on them this week?
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Robbo has stuck the boot into essendon this morning.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tackle
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

little_ripper wrote:Robbo has stuck the boot into essendon this morning.

finally... hallelujah
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Jazz_84 wrote:
little_ripper wrote:Robbo has stuck the boot into essendon this morning.

finally... hallelujah
it didn't read like much of a booting to be honest.