Maggots

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Maggots

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
Q3. An Essendon player looks at you the wrong way ... what do you do?
Give a 50 metre penalty! It happened last year to Fletch for "demonsterative demeanour"
MJ copped one in Sydney a few years back for the same thing. I have never seen another club ever cop this. We have twice.
Mark Johnson was given a 50 metre penalty for saying to Amon Buchanon "get up you weak dog". The commentators were gobsmacked. The look on MJ's face was priceless. But that f****** decision caused a breakage of my remote.
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

S'dreams, great post, got a giggle :)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:You're not intellectually superior Gringo. I know you like to think it, but you're not. You sit down and take another look at our games this year, and then honestly tell me something is not seriously wrong. They evened up one decision with that cheap 50, but that doesnt make up for it in any way. Only a sycopahnt like Bartlett would defend our treatment from them, and not just today either.
robbie67 wrote:But I am not a Collingwood supporter. I dont make a habit of blaming the umpiring, and I have been watching the game for 40 years. I know what I am seeing, and it doesnt make ane sense.
The umpiring must have been really shithouse for you to be blaming them Rob, usual we're just not good enough.

I agree that we were absolutely ass raped by the umps yesterday and it cost us the game. However I still think we cost ourselves the game too. Perhaps that doesn't make sense, but I really do believe that the umpiring cost us and that we could have played better earlier or for longer and won regardless.

(BTW, there is NO reason why the free kick count should be 50/50.)
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

j-mac31 wrote:
I don't think that is what most are annoyed about. It's all the free kicks we never get paid that is most annoying.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
I don't think that is what most are annoyed about. It's all the free kicks we never get paid that is most annoying.
I understand that completely (which is why I put it in brackets), but someone brought up the free kick count above and I just thought I'd throw that bit in.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Further to the conspiracy theory and to have a good whinge, the column in the Herald today, "If You Don't Mind" which is dedicated to dud umpring decision cited five examples, four of which related to our game and all four went against us.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

rockhole wrote:Further to the conspiracy theory and to have a good whinge, the column in the Herald today, "If You Don't Mind" which is dedicated to dud umpring decision cited five examples, four of which related to our game and all four went against us.
saw that, and this is why umpires should be full time, spend their days reviewing games properly
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

rockhole wrote:Further to the conspiracy theory and to have a good whinge, the column in the Herald today, "If You Don't Mind" which is dedicated to dud umpring decision cited five examples, four of which related to our game and all four went against us.

Which decisions were they?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Hibberd's chopping

Stanton deliberate

Hocking no free???

Rawlings staging with Monfries not making any contact

id like to add Heppell getting taken over the line only for it to be called deliberate...... HOW THE f***?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:

id like to add Heppell getting taken over the line only for it to be called deliberate...... HOW THE f***?

I thought the umpire called holding the ball for that one.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

For the millisecond that he was in play?
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

haha, well last week we were pretty sure we were getting some bad decisions in regards to holding the ball...
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

Cmon guys the umpires are being consistent at least. I have seen this decision paid twice in the last couple of years and only against Essendon players. Think it was Lonergan last time, getting pinned by three players and being dragged over the line. The umpires paid a free kick for holding the ball against him. Didn't see the game but surely it can't have been as bad as that one.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

OK so we all agree that we are getting ass raped by the umpires. So the question becomes if there is anything we can do about it. I think we really need to start intimidating the umpires better as a supporter base. I hope that one day Etihad can become a bastion like Windy Hill. If it can be done in SA, WA, NSW and QLD, why can't it be done by our supporters; that is, intimidate the umpires into making decisions for us. And finally if that doesn't work, let's try burning effigies of the umpires. I hear lynch mobs are in this time of year, I'm happy to organise pitchforks too lol.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Forgot to add for all those saying the umpires did a good job. I actually heard a Carlton supporter (that's right, a Carlton supporter) say how shit the umpiring decisions against Essendon were. So some of you can take off those rose coloured glasses.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Bomber_Fan wrote:Forgot to add for all those saying the umpires did a good job. I actually heard a Carlton supporter (that's right, a Carlton supporter) say how shit the umpiring decisions against Essendon were. So some of you can take off those rose coloured glasses.
Yep, my mate who is hardcore Whorethorn even said we took it up the arse..
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I prefer the former Fitzroy supporter methods of 1991 personally. Go down and graffiti AFL House and throw a few bricks through the windows.

I remember this game and it was truly vomit worthy. Peter McKenna summed it up beautifully - "that was murder" in reference to the umpiring that night. Some of these decisions will seriously make you puke. And if that doesn't make you sick, just look at the smug look on the umpire's face when interviewed about his performance. Boy he's lucky he doesn't umpire soccer - he'd be f****** dead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdjogB6b ... r_embedded
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:I prefer the former Fitzroy supporter methods of 1991 personally. Go down and graffiti AFL House and throw a few bricks through the windows.

I remember this game and it was truly vomit worthy. Peter McKenna summed it up beautifully - "that was murder" in reference to the umpiring that night. Some of these decisions will seriously make you puke. And if that doesn't make you sick, just look at the smug look on the umpire's face when interviewed about his performance. Boy he's lucky he doesn't umpire soccer - he'd be f****** dead!

Haha would love to see the umpires interviewed these days... No way would the AFL let the media ask point blank 'so you think you made a mistake?'

Would like to hear some honest comments like that too ... You dont hear sfa when the umpires regularly f*** up now
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

BenDoolan wrote:I prefer the former Fitzroy supporter methods of 1991 personally. Go down and graffiti AFL House and throw a few bricks through the windows.

Forget the bricks - that's so 90s. I say Molotov cocktails are the go for the 21st century lol. But after seeing some of the decisions in that game, I do feel a little better admittedly. Thanks for cheering me up Ben - shock, horror that Adelaide would get the rub of the green. Seeining Ironmonger in that game, still can't forget his body slam. Sure I could find on youtube if I wanted to.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

That was f*****.. the ump even gave the kick to the wrong player - should've been the litte c*** in No.8 who wouldn't have been able to kick over a farken jam tin..