TEAM v Dawks

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: TEAM v Dawks

Post by BenDoolan »

uptick wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
uptick wrote:The thing is Reimers played last sunday and got knocked out, pretty tough to back up from that.
He was so concussed that he came back on the field to play the remaining 3 quarters and dominate.
I'm aware that he dominated, was just putting it out there that perhaps, just perhaps, playing twice in 6 days is not what the club wants ( apart from what ever sin(s) that he's being punished for). Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit stunned that Welsh is in the team, ahead of better performing VFL players, but again, maybe the explanation is that the 5 day break between games has been the over riding factor in team selection - for better or worse, clearly worse, given the spleen being vented tonight.
Not having a crack at you, just absolutely dismayed at the selection of Welsh. His used by date is so obviously expired that it worries me the match committee are so blind.

And if the Reimers concussion is some sort of reason for his non selection, then I wonder about the wisdom of them selecting Heath Hocking after his concussion last week.

The match committee are serving up a shit sandwich on a weekly basis.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

So......

Already lost at selection.

The 3 ruckman policy - reinstated - which has really worked all year :roll:
Welsh - geriatric dinosaur - will clearly add run and carry :roll:

Meanwhile 'Changer' Bateman back to kick our asre as he does on an annual basis. Perhaps we'll play Welsh or Spike on him :roll:

Why does this year seem like deja vu repeated all over again?

Look on the bright side - the Bendigo Bombers will keep performing well.
Well - until the blokes performing week after week realise the only reward will be VFL finals.
Last edited by hop on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Open the record books they about to be rewritten

f*** me if Buddy was playing he would kick 45 goals

I am seriously starting to have concerns about the messiah
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

tonysoprano wrote:Any calls yet for Hird to go?

What a f****** joke. 4 losses in a row and recalling Andrew Welsh.

Sir Jim, even Megan will be jumping off soon.
Yeah, me. Lose this week and I'll be off. Waste of $5m. Seriously considering not going!

Unbelievable, 12 weeks in and I'm already over Hird. Just another Sheedy, and the senile Sheedy not the innovator.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

s'dreams wrote:Bugger ... lost my post..

The team does not look balanced. The ins are not "like" for like players. IMO Carsile is closer in type to Hooker than is Welsh. Reimers or Williams are closer in type to Crameri than is Davey.
Yeah, but shit hasn't been working with Hooker and Crameri in the team, what's to say changing things up won't work?
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

LMAO...

Hird is a clown. Nice team champ.

Hirdy owes Sheeds a favour anyway rumour has it. Sheeds said he wants Reimers. So Hird is making sure Reimo doesnt play so he'll want out, then Sheeds can swoop like it wasnt planned. Good luck at GWS Reimo.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote:Open the record books they about to be rewritten

It's keeping me up at night. Should have held onto knights for one more year and waited for a real coach to come available.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Rossoneri wrote:

It's keeping me up at night. Should have held onto knights for one more year and waited for a real coach to come available.
Gone early with that one. Big call...very big call.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Doesnt take people long to starting cutting the staff down.yes the selections do baffle me aswell,but we should atleast back them for 18months,and ifthe same shit is still happening then we can open fire.who knows what theyre thinking,but just because wehavean all star coaching panel,doesnt mean things willhappen straight away.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:

Yeah, me. Lose this week and I'll be off. Waste of $5m. Seriously considering not going!

Unbelievable, 12 weeks in and I'm already over Hird. Just another Sheedy, and the senile Sheedy not the innovator.
Ross, do you mind if I use this as my new signature?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:

Ross, do you mind if I use this as my new signature?
I'm using his call from the other thread..
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

What a bunch of feriles you lot are...
Already bagging Hirdy.
Shame on you and as for the selections... [-X
Hille - had to play. Davey - has a lot of speed and Welsh afterall is Vice Captain and a great tagger...
Reimers might still play yet as I am Not convinced that Hocking will play...
How about we have a bit of faith in our team that we are suppose to love...
Rome wasn't built overnight...
Those bagging Hirdy - will definately get mud in their faces very soon...
And when we win???
Hmmmm.
Disgusted...
Bombers 4 me through the good and the bad...
Get real Guys...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy - go for it. Can I use you "cloke would make us top 4" post? Or your "planting the seeds" before then writing us off???

Yeah, I went a bit early. Having slept on it, not sure what I was thinking. Knights???? Gee whiz I lost the plot last night. Oh well, thems the breaks.

FWIW, we will win tonight. Not because of Welsh or Davey, but the fact they are in the same boat as us with the forwards but they have a massive reliance on a certain player who won't play tonight whereas we don't have that reliance.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Rossoneri wrote:Windy - go for it. Can I use you "cloke would make us top 4" post? Or your "planting the seeds" before then writing us off???

Yeah, I went a bit early. Having slept on it, not sure what I was thinking. Knights???? Gee whiz I lost the plot last night. Oh well, thems the breaks.

FWIW, we will win tonight. Not because of Welsh or Davey, but the fact they are in the same boat as us with the forwards but they have a massive reliance on a certain player who won't play tonight whereas we don't have that reliance.
lol...I hope the team selection wasn't what drove you to drink :wink: :lol:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

sconsey wrote:Doesnt take people long to starting cutting the staff down.yes the selections do baffle me aswell,but we should atleast back them for 18months,and ifthe same shit is still happening then we can open fire.who knows what theyre thinking,but just because wehavean all star coaching panel,doesnt mean things willhappen straight away.
if the same shit is happening in 18 months - it will be a repeat of the most recent 18 months, and the previous 18 months before that, and even the 18 months before that.

how many "development years", out and out shit selections, interstate debacles, over-injured, under-fit, small-bodied amateur football teams to we have to endure before enough is enough?
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:

You know Ross, sometimes you seem to say things that indicate that you know a bit about football and are slightly intelligent. And then you say things like this - confirming that you are, indeed, a complete F****** idiot.

And its not the first time you have said them either - you have been complaining about the waste of money on the coaching panel for weeks now (ever since we started losing actually).

FFS mate. Get some perspective. I am frustrated that we're losing. I am very frustrated at some of the selections. But to already be jumping off the coach, a club legend who has has all of TWELVE GAMES to prove himself, is completely and utterly moronic.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:

This should also be re-quoted for posterity.

Seriously mate. I enjoy your posts on here but you need to stop letting your emotions rule your brain. Give the bloke a chance (and by a chance, I mean at least a few years).
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I know rosso doesn't need me to fight his battles, and his posts above may have been ill-formed, but his sentiment is justified.

There is no way in the world we should cut Sir James some slack for picking Welsh. No way in the world we should accept at least 3 of the past 4 performances. No way in the world we should meekly tolerate the last 5 years of pure mediocrity (if you could even be that complimentary?). I'm seriously tired of this constant "give it a chance, give it a few years, give it 18 months, let players develop, give them time to learn the system" bull shit we have spouted from the final 2 years of Sheedy, through 3 years of Knights, and this half-season from Hird. To me its a cop out - an easy way to absolve responsibility for the present moment.

We may well win tonight, we may even make the 8 this year. But right now - this second - the criticisms of selection and performance are well-founded.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:

This should also be re-quoted for posterity.

Seriously mate. I enjoy your posts on here but you need to stop letting your emotions rule your brain. Give the bloke a chance (and by a chance, I mean at least a few years).
Yeah, went a bit crazy last night. As TS pointed out though, we shouldn't be cutting Hird slack for some of the selections though. I would cut him slack if the players are too weak, not fast enough, not strong enough, and even for not adhereing to the game plan.

But not the selections, likewise last year with Knights when we would go in with only one forward and that was Gumby who couldn't play a whole game, or with NLM as a ruckman.
tonysoprano wrote:I know rosso doesn't need me to fight his battles, and his posts above may have been ill-formed, but his sentiment is justified.

There is no way in the world we should cut Sir James some slack for picking Welsh. No way in the world we should accept at least 3 of the past 4 performances. No way in the world we should meekly tolerate the last 5 years of pure mediocrity (if you could even be that complimentary?). I'm seriously tired of this constant "give it a chance, give it a few years, give it 18 months, let players develop, give them time to learn the system" bull shit we have spouted from the final 2 years of Sheedy, through 3 years of Knights, and this half-season from Hird. To me its a cop out - an easy way to absolve responsibility for the present moment.

We may well win tonight, we may even make the 8 this year. But right now - this second - the criticisms of selection and performance are well-founded.
Good post. I did go over the top but that was more due to the selection of Welsh and Davey and that lead to me seeing red.

FWIW - I think we will win tonight. What Hirdy will do is explain to them the hatred we have for Hawthorn.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Ha ha, one of the greatest backflips of all time there Rosso..