Welsh Gawn

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Welsh Gawn

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Unfortunately the time has come for him to stand down. Probably not his fault that he was selected with limited preparation but the game has gone passed him.

Really annoyed that he was picked in the first place but after watching him live tonight i felt sorry for him after some embarrassing moments.

Play him this year at Bendigo to help the kids than goodbye , a few others could be nervous as well come the seasons end !!!
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Re: Welsh Gawn

Post by DC2 »

There is no doubt its all over for welshy. been a good servant of the club. But surely he cant be played again thsi year unless its a fairwell game and we have no chance of making the 8.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So bleeding obvious.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

BenDoolan wrote:So bleeding obvious.
At the end of last year.

Made Vice Captain - getting a game before more worthy players.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

hahaha! we have been saying this for 2 years and he's been selected twice in 3 weeks. Well done Sir James.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

an honest trier at best, made the most of his limited abilities. Thanks for coming
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

He didn't do anything last night but he wasn't alone, the game has past him by and really he was never that good to begin with. As a team man Welsh must do the right thing and step down to allow younger players to come through now. The more games we get into our young brigade the better we will be next year... look at West Coast.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

guys like this getting selected before guys that actually deserve it is bringing this club to it's knees, f*** me id be pissed if i was Reimers watching him get a game while Welsh walks straight back in
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Thought Welshy should have last year in all honesty but I suppose we couldnt exactly sack the VC.... :?

Don't want to see him in the side ahead of Reimers, Colyer and co for the rest of the season...
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I have no confidence in anything EFC related at the moment and am preparing myself for him being re-contracted at the end of the year. There's just so much unadulterated shit on our list at the moment that people like Welsh might survive, we can't delist 12 players in one off season in a compromised draft year.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I have no confidence in anything EFC related at the moment and am preparing myself for him being re-contracted at the end of the year. There's just so much unadulterated shit on our list at the moment that people like Welsh might survive, we can't delist 12 players in one off season in a compromised draft year.
Exactly. You do simply need a few blokes to fill holes on the list. Hopefully he and McVeigh will both be playing ressies this time next year. Welsh is abysmal though - he did a TINY bit in the second half, but I reckon in the first half he ran around pretty much entirely inside the centre square, and had one handball. That's all I remember anyway. Can't believe Reimers is a worse player that this bloke.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I have no confidence in anything EFC related at the moment and am preparing myself for him being re-contracted at the end of the year. There's just so much unadulterated shit on our list at the moment that people like Welsh might survive, we can't delist 12 players in one off season in a compromised draft year.
I don't see why not. We KNOW the 12 or so we get rid of are shit; take a chance on someone else.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Ossie wrote:
Exactly. You do simply need a few blokes to fill holes on the list. Hopefully he and McVeigh will both be playing ressies this time next year. Welsh is abysmal though - he did a TINY bit in the second half, but I reckon in the first half he ran around pretty much entirely inside the centre square, and had one handball. That's all I remember anyway. Can't believe Reimers is a worse player that this bloke.
He's not Ossie - that's the great shame of it.

Clearly something is going on behind the scenes with Reimers. We may very well lose him at year's end (unsure of his contract situation) which is a great pity for mine.

He has aggression, arrogance, talent, a f***ing deadly boot at times and can run. You'd think those qualities would get him a spot in our current line up.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Reimers contracted until the end of 2012
Kakadu Kangaroos
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Jazz_84 wrote:Reimers contracted until the end of 2012
Good - I just hpoe he doesn't crack the shits big-time and decides early doors that he wants out. (ala Houli)

Perhaps a couple of opportunites to come in and do something (like kick 13 in 3 games) might assist.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It's ridiculous that he is in the side. He ran around in circles all night, what the f*** was he trying to do?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

hop wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Reimers contracted until the end of 2012
Good - I just hpoe he doesn't crack the shits big-time and decides early doors that he wants out. (ala Houli)
id say Hird is managing him, just needs to work on his defensive work to fall in line with the pressing game style

i rekon he might get a go this week, by default or not needs to show he can fall in line with the team ethic
Kakadu Kangaroos
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote: i rekon he might get a go this week, by default or not needs to show he can fall in line with the team ethic
At the moment the team ethic is to be as slow and shit as possible. Something I don't think Reimers is capable of, even if he tried.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote: i rekon he might get a go this week, by default or not needs to show he can fall in line with the team ethic
At the moment the team ethic is to be as slow and shit as possible. Something I don't think Reimers is capable of, even if he tried.
hence him not being in the team

just read this morning that Bomber kept Bartel in the reserves for many weeks to work on his positioning and structures back in 2004, hasn't missed a game since and won a brownlow, maybe this is Bombers work keeping him there
Kakadu Kangaroos
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:just read this morning that Bomber kept Bartel in the reserves for many weeks to work on his positioning and structures back in 2004, hasn't missed a game since and won a brownlow, maybe this is Bombers work keeping him there
Maybe. But in 2004 Geelong made the preliminary final. Currently we are playing like shit and falling down the ladder. Pick guys on talent levels, not f****** structures.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.