The More Things Change....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: The More Things Change....

Post by Sismis »

We were playing a team who are legitimate top 4 contenders. I guess that doesn't fit into your analogy. Nor does the fact that Watson, our best midfielder, and lonergan, our best from the last few weeks, went down early. And the fact our confidence is on the floor.

I was as disappointed as anyone about getting smashed by ten goals. But I think it takes some stones to pick yourself up off the canvas.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Sismis wrote:We were playing a team who are legitimate top 4 contenders. I guess that doesn't fit into your analogy. Nor does the fact that Watson, our best midfielder, and lonergan, our best from the last few weeks, went down early. And the fact our confidence is on the floor.

I was as disappointed as anyone about getting smashed by ten goals. But I think it takes some stones to pick yourself up off the canvas.
Top 4 contender perhaps but they're missing their whole KPP spine FF - I'm sorry but we should have been a lot more competitive than what we were.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Bomber_Fan wrote:
Sismis wrote:We were playing a team who are legitimate top 4 contenders. I guess that doesn't fit into your analogy. Nor does the fact that Watson, our best midfielder, and lonergan, our best from the last few weeks, went down early. And the fact our confidence is on the floor.

Top 4 contender perhaps but they're missing their whole KPP spine FF - I'm sorry but we should have been a lot more competitive than what we were.
it doesn't matter who your playing, making a team kick to contests shouldn't even be something that needs addressing during a game
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:We were playing a team who are legitimate top 4 contenders. I guess that doesn't fit into your analogy.
Up until 5 weeks ago, that's what we were!
Nor does the fact that Watson, our best midfielder, and lonergan, our best from the last few weeks, went down early.
So why were we so shit 'early' in the game?
And the fact our confidence is on the floor.
Thanks to.....?
Yep. So will they respond this week to atone? Or will they limply turn up and go through the motions?
Essendunny
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

robbie67 wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:If you showed up to work and did f*** all for the week up to Wednesday afternoon and then busted your arse to catch up (which we never did anyway...) by Friday night do you reckon your boss would pat you on the back and congratulate you?
=D>
I do this most weeks.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Staggy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:If you showed up to work and did f*** all for the week up to Wednesday afternoon and then busted your arse to catch up (which we never did anyway...) by Friday night do you reckon your boss would pat you on the back and congratulate you?
=D>
I do this most weeks.
lol yep, same here...
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Staggy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
=D>
I do this most weeks.
and I