Hammer's body Language

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

Hammer's body Language

Post by filthy2 »

Anyone else seen the below?

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/a/Vid ... ilton/8318

In what I do part of it is to read a persons body language and adapt to it to try and get them to be where I want them to be.

Let me say then Hammer's body language in that video is shit house......resigned, depressed, sick of it, pissed off.....just a few terms that come to mind.

Bloody hell!

If that is the way the Back Office is feeling how are the front office....players.....going?
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Re: Hammer's body Language

Post by Brumaz »

did seem like an interview at a funeral didn't it :?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

mood has definitely declined in the past 2 weeks in that video
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah, watched it last night and they are my thoughts exactly.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

even in Hirdy's post-game interview he actually seemed quite pissed off
Kakadu Kangaroos
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

How do you think the players feel.

I know some on feel like the players don't give a shit and aren't willing the hard work both ways, but I think we are now finding out just how far behind the competition we were in terms of fitness and conditioning.

It is something Hirdy made comment of straight away when he got the job and the high performance manager or whatever his title was was just chucked out on his arse. We are rooted, we aren't fit enough to start out the games running, let alone run the game out in the last quarter.

Come we all know how prevelant our last quarter fade outs have been in recent seasons. We have substandard facilities and as a result our fitness levels are f****** pathetic.

We saw the sort of football we were able to produce when we had a fitness advantage over rivals and were in peak fitness ourselves because the players got absolutely flogged over the preseason.

The coaching staff have stated that this preseason wasn't about this year, it was about future years, so when we do have a list with sufficient talent and skill to be a contender we also have the fitness levels to be contender.

Look at the fatigue related soft tissue injuries we have started to cop, I reckon they will continue to happen too.

None of this excuses the lack of sheperding, smothering or other 1% stuff, but I think that a lot of our lack of competitiveness recently is because the vast majority of blokes are absolutely rooted.

Which makes Dyson Heppell even more of a f****** freak, must be an absolutely supreme athlete how, unlike Mark Bolton, must also be a natural footballer.

Remember throughout our early season run, Hird continually said he wasn't reading anything into and we had to sustain it for a lot longer before people would start to take notice. No doubt in my mind that Hird and the rest of the coaching and fitness and conditioning staff knew this would happen at some stage. They were probably hoping the peak fitness would hold up a bit longer than it did and get us a few more wins.

Yes at times it looks like the player don't give a shit and don't appear to be hurting as much as we would like, but for f*** sake, they are professional sportspeople and they never like losing.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote:How do you think the players feel.

I know some on feel like the players don't give a shit and aren't willing the hard work both ways, but I think we are now finding out just how far behind the competition we were in terms of fitness and conditioning.

It is something Hirdy made comment of straight away when he got the job and the high performance manager or whatever his title was was just chucked out on his arse. We are rooted, we aren't fit enough to start out the games running, let alone run the game out in the last quarter.

Come we all know how prevelant our last quarter fade outs have been in recent seasons. We have substandard facilities and as a result our fitness levels are f****** pathetic.

We saw the sort of football we were able to produce when we had a fitness advantage over rivals and were in peak fitness ourselves because the players got absolutely flogged over the preseason.

The coaching staff have stated that this preseason wasn't about this year, it was about future years, so when we do have a list with sufficient talent and skill to be a contender we also have the fitness levels to be contender.

Look at the fatigue related soft tissue injuries we have started to cop, I reckon they will continue to happen too.

None of this excuses the lack of sheperding, smothering or other 1% stuff, but I think that a lot of our lack of competitiveness recently is because the vast majority of blokes are absolutely rooted.

Which makes Dyson Heppell even more of a f****** freak, must be an absolutely supreme athlete how, unlike Mark Bolton, must also be a natural footballer.

Remember throughout our early season run, Hird continually said he wasn't reading anything into and we had to sustain it for a lot longer before people would start to take notice. No doubt in my mind that Hird and the rest of the coaching and fitness and conditioning staff knew this would happen at some stage. They were probably hoping the peak fitness would hold up a bit longer than it did and get us a few more wins.

Yes at times it looks like the player don't give a shit and don't appear to be hurting as much as we would like, but for f*** sake, they are professional sportspeople and they never like losing.
You've put a lot of effort into this ealsey, so I kinda feel bad in saying I disagree. However, I believe our blokes suffer from a severe lack of mental toughness rather than physical fitness.

We've all seen the articles and photos where "we've had the toughest pre-season ever", "so and so has run his personal best", "such and such has just bench pressed 4 times his actual weight" etc, etc. We've seen the same sort of bullshit for years.

I rarely see any of our blokes come off the field totally exhausted. As someone pointed out the other day, Chris Judd comes from the field absolutely spent. I never see our guys in that state.

It is totally inconceivable to me that players are physically spent at the start of a game. How many games have we seen recently where our blokes have barely got out of first gear in the 1st quarter, and then spend the rest of the match playing catch up? Which bloody well means they're running out the games better than they started it. Fitness issue? Hardly. It's a mental one. Not switched on, lacking desire, lacking commitment etc.

I could go on, but I'm physically exhausted.....
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I have noticed though that alot of players have looked tired, hands on knees in the first quarter. I saw Davey do this after 5 minutes into the match.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

I think Filthy hit the nail on the head in an earlier post. LMF. Lack of moral fibre. As I said in another post there s absolutely no excuse for full time professional footballers with nothing else to do all day, every day, 365 days a year, but to train, GET AND KEEP THEMSELVES FIT AND PRACTICE AND HONE THEIR SKILLS. I think it's a furphy, a very lame excuse indeed, to blame the facilities. Look at some of our finest athletes like Steve Monaghetti for example. Got himself supremely fit to run and win gruelling marathons by running around the hills and Lake Wendouree in and around Ballarat.... lack of facilities BS...tell that to Monnas :x

Too many soft cock excuses at Essendon...can't perform after only a 6 day break, Tullamarineitis, can't perform after the bye Blah, Blah Blah. Like I said in another post WEAKEST ESSENDON SIDE I'VE EVER SEEN and by that I mean weakest in the mind.

I'm with you BD, I'm just over it already.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

there of course more reasons other then fatigue as to why we suck, whether it be interstate games or at the G... whatever, but i will add this

ive been riding race horses 6 days a week for just over 3 years now, with maybe 4 weeks off in total over that time, im up at 4am 6 days a week and yes i know the players arn't up early and get good sleep ins at least a few days a week, and getting good sleep is good for them given they need to be fresh for games and to be alert. so yes they do get plenty of rest but so do i each afternoon doing f*** all on the coach and sleep sometimes but come 4am the next day im still stuffed and your motivation is down, and unless you get continuous time off you can't fully refresh yourself, you just plateau in a manageable state of vitality. This is why it makes me question when the players or coaches keep saying we'll hit the track hard this week..... how the f*** is that going to help for this weeks game? it's not helping this weeks game it's helping future years which is what Hirdy has said all along.

it's just a shame we can't reply on Geelong's leg speed to keep us up with them as they will just move the ball faster, they will know this and we'll get spanked.... im guessing a 10 goal win easy!
Kakadu Kangaroos