To the Wanker who just blew $1Million....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

To the Wanker who just blew $1Million....

Post by Windy_Hill »

I hope the colour combo of red and black haunts you for the rest of your days

Hahahahaha!!!!!!

Wanker
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: To the Wanker who just blew $1Million....

Post by Sismis »

Never bet against black AND RED!
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Greedy prick got what he deserved...
1 million could help a hell of a lot of people but hey maybe we did the same...
HMMM Pulled that 1 out of the hat tonight to pay for our new home... :wink:
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

true. glad the red and black cost him 1 mil, thinking we are a lock loss.

But Im sure he is fine. In order to wager a mil you gotta have a few mil more to spare. Rich bastard probably just looking for a rush/thrill.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Seriously who would risk $1 mill to win $90,000 ? Just goes to show that a fool and his money are quickly parted.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

It is sad to think that this tosser is most likely a OPEC oil sheik or an Australian media baron who won't miss the loss of $1M anyway...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

s'dreams wrote:It is sad to think that this tosser is most likely a OPEC oil sheik or an Australian media baron who won't miss the loss of $1M anyway...
You guys would be surprised.......It's the type of bet a guy who has borrowed the money would make.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

robbie67 wrote:
s'dreams wrote:It is sad to think that this tosser is most likely a OPEC oil sheik or an Australian media baron who won't miss the loss of $1M anyway...
You guys would be surprised.......It's the type of bet a guy who has borrowed the money would make.
Ah well ... looking for a fire sale house auction in Grovedale or Highett next weekend then ...
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

f*** this bullshit.

i don't know about you guys, but I am sick of the focus on gambling in our great game. it gives me the shits.

you used to get great analysis in sports in Australia. now all commentators talk about is the f***** odds.

i'm not against gambling persay, but f***, i wish it wasn't in our face all the f***** time.
i don't give a rats about some guy blowing a million dollars. its also the TAB making a million as well.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

This is how our game is paid for.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Sismis wrote:This is how our game is paid for.
motor racing has/had the same argument about big tobacco.

its horse shit. the game is paid for by the people.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Would have to be one of Tony's mates you'd reckon. Good solid working class stock don't have that kind of money to blow....do they Bert :wink: Same punter will probably squeal like a stuffed pig when he/she has to pay a couple of extra dollars from his/her wad when the carbon tax comes in.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

pevfan wrote:Would have to be one of Tony's mates you'd reckon. Good solid working class stock don't have that kind of money to blow....do they Bert :wink: Same punter will probably squeal like a stuffed pig when he/she has to pay a couple of extra dollars from his/her wad when the carbon tax comes in.

The prick probably doesnt tip at restaurants either
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I knew my multi was gone at qtr time (had us to lose at the line) . However the feeling of watching us play hard and well for the first time in 6 weeks was better than getting that leg in.

It astounds me that someone can put so much money on a game in which anything can happen.

What a waste.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

little_ripper wrote:f*** this bullshit.

i don't know about you guys, but I am sick of the focus on gambling in our great game. it gives me the shits.

you used to get great analysis in sports in Australia. now all commentators talk about is the f***** odds.

i'm not against gambling persay, but f***, i wish it wasn't in our face all the f***** time.
i don't give a rats about some guy blowing a million dollars. its also the TAB making a million as well.
Couldn't agree more. More than happy for it to go on and I have a dabble myself, but it's beyond a joke now. It cheapens the game.

I couldn't give two shits about old mate who lost the money and it was pissing me off that the commentators were always talking about it tonight.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

gringo wrote:
little_ripper wrote:f*** this bullshit.

Couldn't agree more. More than happy for it to go on and I have a dabble myself, but it's beyond a joke now. It cheapens the game.

I couldn't give two shits about old mate who lost the money and it was pissing me off that the commentators were always talking about it tonight.

Bet you a million bucks it was pissing him off more :lol: :lol:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

robbie67 wrote:
I agree, if it was someone with plenty of money to spare they would be more likely to put in on a long shot.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

robrulz5 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
I agree, if it was someone with plenty of money to spare they would be more likely to put in on a long shot.
I read somewhere (sorry cannot remember where so I can cite the source), that although Kerry Packer would bet recklessely on cards and the ponies where he was directly involved, he would play the safe sports bets and drop a mill or two on "certs" where the return was 1-5 cents in the dollar.

Maybe he had to justify himself to the family...
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

put a yellow down on at 9.60

Thanks for coming
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Don't be so naive everybody...I don't think anybody bet 1 million on this game; just a clever ploy to advertise betting during the footy. Easy for somebody from a sports agency to conveniently leak the fact that somebody apparently bet 1 million dollars on this game.