Melksham

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Melksham

Post by s'dreams »

Jake had his breakout game tonight...

Taking a leaf from Robbie (who has been away for much longer than his promised 3 mnutes) ... Discuss
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Melksham

Post by swoodley »

Jake showed a heap of poise tonight.

Not sure what his final stats were but he seemed to get quite a few clearances and his disposal was pretty damn good.

A few more preseasons and he will be a gun midfielder.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He's been playing well for a number of weeks. Was clearly our best v Melbourne some weeks ago. Tonight he was absolutely fantastic.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Great game from him tonight, worked hard both ways and was rewarded.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:He's been playing well for a number of weeks. Was clearly our best v Melbourne some weeks ago. Tonight he was absolutely fantastic.

Was going to say the same thing - he has been amongst our best in 3 of the last 5 games
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I'll put my hand up and admit I was dubious about Melksham as he was just not gettiing enough of the ball. Sometimes when he does get the ball, he does some horrible things with it as he tries to be cute rather than just disposing by instinct. But tonight I'm willing to admit I'm wrong about him and he can definitely entrench himself in our best 22.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Has all the smarts at an early stage and will develop into an absoluet gun. One of those rare players that seems to have more time than others to execute.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Bomber_Fan wrote:I'll put my hand up and admit I was dubious about Melksham as he was just not gettiing enough of the ball. Sometimes when he does get the ball, he does some horrible things with it as he tries to be cute rather than just disposing by instinct. But tonight I'm willing to admit I'm wrong about him and he can definitely entrench himself in our best 22.
I thought that as well, he was always trying to do the cute things and perhaps tried to be too unselfish.

Signs over the past 3 weeks though have been very promising. Melksham and Heppell are already showing that they will be very handy mids for us going forward.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i noticed he wasn't getting the ball quite as much as we would have liked given his composure and poise but i was never actually worried, Hird tried to rest him but due to injuries had to play him, but found a game to use him as the sub and ever since he's been very good
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He is a ripper. I have always loved his poise, but now he is starting to put the whole package together. Showing more that the dreaded "potential".
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:He is a ripper. I have always loved his poise, but now he is starting to put the whole package together. Showing more that the dreaded "potential".
Yes.

I thought he would be very good from his first game. He was light, but still went in when it was his turn and never panicked.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.