Davey

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Davey

Post by Windy_Hill »

I think I can say after his last half - welcome back son

Running, tackling, creating chances and scoring goals
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Davey

Post by bomberdonnie »

sight for sore eyes
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Nice to see. I have been a big critic of him but I tip my hat to him with the way he lifted when we needed him.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Leigh Matthews once said it - "he's a better player without the ball".

His defensive pressure is A1.

Did some really good things with the ball I must add....
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:Leigh Matthews once said it - "he's a better player without the ball".

His defensive pressure is A1.

Did some really good things with the ball I must add....

Just looked like he got his mojo back tonight - great to see
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He was shit in the first half, thought he should have been subbed off. Was very good in the second half, especially his hard running in the final quarter.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:He was shit in the first half, thought he should have been subbed off. Was very good in the second half, especially his hard running in the final quarter.
Leroy Jetta was worse in the first half.
Essendunny
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Was really worried in the first quarter when he tried to be our lead up forward - I thought here we go again. Been a massive critic but I'm glad to admit this is the first game where he has regained some sort of the form that we saw in his first couple of seasons - now FFS please don't get injured.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

he must have watched that video of him during the week
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Yep a good 2nd half from Alwyn, hopefully it's the start of some consistent form from him.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

robrulz5 wrote:Yep a good 2nd half from Alwyn, hopefully it's the start of some consistent form from him.
Yeah lets hope so, great to see Davey string a few games together. Definately chased and tackled harder last night, looked more dangerous last night than he has been for the past 12 months i reckon.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

It is really satisfying to see a player finally play to his known capabilities. The Frog is croaking again!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Yep a good 2nd half from Alwyn, hopefully it's the start of some consistent form from him.
Yeah lets hope so, great to see Davey string a few games together. Definately chased and tackled harder last night, looked more dangerous last night than he has been for the past 12 months i reckon.
And that I think is one of the main keys...a few games together, gaining a bit of self belief and possible turned the corner with confidence in his own body at long last...
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:He was shit in the first half, thought he should have been subbed off. Was very good in the second half, especially his hard running in the final quarter.
Pretty much my thoughts, i had him in the gun for the red vest until Colyer was subbed off. Still think Davey is very marginal to the team.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Pretty much my thoughts, i had him in the gun for the red vest until Colyer was subbed off. Still think Davey is very marginal to the team.
Not sure I can agree with you being marginal to the team Jimmy. With emphasis on the forward press, he could be a critical factor given his chasing and tackling skills. A turnover in the forward 50 is almost as good as a goal these days. If he can force that 2-3 times a game then he is almost as valuable as a small forward who kicks his one or two goals a match.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Not sure I can agree with you being marginal to the team Jimmy. With emphasis on the forward press, he could be a critical factor given his chasing and tackling skills. A turnover in the forward 50 is almost as good as a goal these days. If he can force that 2-3 times a game then he is almost as valuable as a small forward who kicks his one or two goals a match.
Disagree. Yeah, he gets a few tackles and harasses a few guys, but if you stick anyone except a ruckman in the forward pocket, they'll probably achieve the same thing. He just has too many obvious deficiencies - too small to be of any use in contested ball situations (either marking or clearance type situations), struggles to stick a tackle unless he's coming from behind (again, too small), can't kick more than 45m, very one-sided, doesn't position himself particularly well.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

If he plays like he did in the second half this week every week, he's worth having in the team. It was great to see him play well eventually, but he needs consistency across games if he's to keep his spot and be useful.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
100% agree, but Jetta has now turned his career (bit dramatic but can't think of another description) around. Instead of playing one good game every four that he was doing in 2009 and one in every two in 2010 he is now playing 3 good games in 4 in 2011.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
100% agree, but Jetta has now turned his career (bit dramatic but can't think of another description) around. Instead of playing one good game every four that he was doing in 2009 and one in every two in 2010 he is now playing 3 good games in 4 in 2011.
Leroy has been terrific this year. I'm glad he's sorted himself out (mentally). Has the confidence to be a really good AFL player - and "feels" like he belongs now.
Essendunny