Jaeger... Bomb

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Jaeger... Bomb

Post by Gimps »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/y ... 6093510265

Have heard on the grapevine that we are after him.. This kinda confirms it.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Jaeger... Bomb

Post by j-mac31 »

Yeah, there was an article in The Age last week or thereabouts that confirmed we were interested. I'd love to get him.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Would throw alot to get him. And we would need to as well.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:Would throw alot to get him. And we would need to as well.
Pity no longer have Henneman to combine with a third round pick.

I'm still interested to know how these 17 yos work with the salary cap. Next year they can't play, so they shouldn't count in the cap. So If we get him, pay him millions next year (and tell him how to invest/save/spend it wisely) and then we pay him much less than he otherwise would get over the next years, saving salary cap space.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

j-mac31 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Would throw alot to get him. And we would need to as well.
Pity no longer have Henneman to combine with a third round pick.

I'm still interested to know how these 17 yos work with the salary cap. Next year they can't play, so they shouldn't count in the cap. So If we get him, pay him millions next year (and tell him how to invest/save/spend it wisely) and then we pay him much less than he otherwise would get over the next years, saving salary cap space.
can't imagine that being allowed but would be a nice concession to the established clubs in a time where the new ones are getting a LOT

and wont everyone be chasing this kid? touted as the best of his year

bit worried he is from WA and both WC and Freo are interested.... fight could be over before it's begun
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:bit worried he is from WA and both WC and Freo are interested.... fight could be over before it's begun
But you still have to trade with GWS and that only gets you a pick (of 4) in the 17yo extra draft (I have no idea what it's official name is). The only way you could guarantee getting him is by getting the first pick in the 17yo draft or by getting the only pick this year (the 4 picks can be traded this year or next, I believe).

If GWS really wants him, they could trade none of the picks this year and get him as an 18yo next year. Apparently they will be trying to get most of their experienced players at the end of next year, so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't trade any 17yo picks this year. We should still try though.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

j-mac31 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:bit worried he is from WA and both WC and Freo are interested.... fight could be over before it's begun
But you still have to trade with GWS and that only gets you a pick (of 4) in the 17yo extra draft (I have no idea what it's official name is). The only way you could guarantee getting him is by getting the first pick in the 17yo draft or by getting the only pick this year (the 4 picks can be traded this year or next, I believe).

If GWS really wants him, they could trade none of the picks this year and get him as an 18yo next year. Apparently they will be trying to get most of their experienced players at the end of next year, so it wouldn't surprise me if they don't trade any 17yo picks this year. We should still try though.
They won't want to go through their debut season without a good bunch of senior players, otherwise they will get FLOGGED.

GWS will get their uncontracted guys at the end of this year and will trade for them with this rule IMO.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Could be the ideal opportunity to offload Myers before everyone else realises he's a complete potato. Myers + 1st round pick?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Could be the ideal opportunity to offload Myers before everyone else realises he's a complete potato. Myers + 1st round pick?
Great minds think alike..

Myers.. The modern Judd Lalich
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

GWS couldn't be that stupid... could they?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

j-mac31 wrote:GWS couldn't be that stupid... could they?
Freo took Todd Ridley?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Gimps wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:GWS couldn't be that stupid... could they?
Freo took Todd Ridley?
...and Tony Delaney! Dale Kickett was at least serviceable, i guess.

I think the debacle of Freo's first 7-8 years in the AFL serves as a useful guide for what GC and GWS should not do, e.g. trade early picks for mediocre established players. GC have been worse in their first year than Freo were as a result of not trading more picks for established players, but they'll be much better off 2-3 years down the track.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Could be the ideal opportunity to offload Myers before everyone else realises he's a complete potato. Myers + 1st round pick?

Your mind is not great Gimps. It is in fact very small and incipient.

Myers' career to date would be on par with if not superior to Watson's first 30 or so games.

I still believe Myers can be a very useful player for us if he gets an unfettered crack at it.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

gringo wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Your mind is not great Gimps. It is in fact very small and incipient.

Myers' career to date would be on par with if not superior to Watson's first 30 or so games.

I still believe Myers can be a very useful player for us if he gets an unfettered crack at it.
To use your famous words.. He is JUNKETY JUNK!
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-12/t ... ection=afl

this could be our ticket to Jaeger.
"The Tigers' struggles in the ruck and key defensive posts this season"
The only areas I think essendon have solid stocks(where we might not be robbing peter to pay paul so to speak).

So 3 way trade, we send a defender or ruck to Richmond, the tigers send someone good up north to GWS and we pick up Jaeger.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

little_ripper wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-12/t ... ection=afl

The only areas I think essendon have solid stocks(where we might not be robbing peter to pay paul so to speak).

So 3 way trade, we send a defender or ruck to Richmond, the tigers send someone good up north to GWS and we pick up Jaeger.
Myers is a quality defender :wink:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gimps wrote:
little_ripper wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-12/t ... ection=afl

Myers is a quality defender :wink:
"Myers in defence kicking it out to Dyson who can run" should be the line we say to Richmond :D
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Jazz_84 wrote:
"Myers in defence kicking it out to Dyson who can run" should be the line we say to Richmond :D
And Dyson can kick it to Quinn who can find space and kick goals in finals :wink:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gimps wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
And Dyson can kick it to Quinn who can find space and kicks to Neagle who goals
FIXED!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Carl fighter
Top Up Player

Post by Carl fighter »

The other day i was sitting at home and i felt this strange sensation downstairs.... anyway reached in, and i found and old piece of toilet paper rolled up in there to size of a small ciggerette. Anyway i pulled it out and put it in my girlfriends hair.

She wasnt impressed.... anyway she got the piece of toilet paper and left on the floor.... i picked it up and chased my dog around the house with it... even my dog wasnt too impressed.... I've left it on the window sill for a few days now... and it seems to be turning itself around and looking at me, asking- pleading to be put back where it belongs....

anyway i look at this sad piece of paper and realise it reminds me of Myers..... just in the way that he was useful once but now he is just rolled up , shrivilled and has a little bit of faeces on him.... does this make sense? not sure if its too much of a stretch of an analogy.