Henry Slattery

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Henry Slattery

Post by Gimps »

Other than one average attempt, he played a blinder when he came on. Did his job to a tee. Well done old mate =D>
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Henry Slattery

Post by bomberdonnie »

Has to be one of his last games for us
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Yes he did well ... the sub role may suit him as a versitile utility player
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He was actually pretty good. He made a couple of decisions under presure that were very un-Slattery like......they were good.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

He was good tonight.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Stand by my comment
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

bomberdonnie wrote:Stand by my comment
Mate, if he doesnt get a game next week against the Carlton midget forward line I'll let my missus slice it off John Wayne Bobbit style..
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gimps wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Stand by my comment
Mate, if he doesnt get a game next week against the Carlton midget forward line I'll let my missus slice it off John Wayne Bobbit style..
Agreed but this has to be his last season

He was OK tonight but f*** he has been putrid in the past
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Dilemma.

With Michael Hibberd due to return, I wouldn't like both in the same team. Both are very similar players, but Hibberd is far better IMO.

He played reasonably well once he came on tonight. But give me Hibberd please.
Essendunny
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Lets not get too carried away with Slattery's game.

He had plenty of support in that second half , as we ran our arse off . Made him look fantastic as he had 3 or 4 options whenever he got the pill.

However he did put his body in so can't complain , but there are better players in our best 22.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

8 possessions at 100% efficiency - cant ask much more than that coming on as a sub
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

First contest he went to, he gave away a free with a clumsy attempt at a tackle.

If Hibberd is fit, he should come straight back in and if that means Slattery goes out, then so be it.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

swoodley wrote:First contest he went to, he gave away a free with a clumsy attempt at a tackle.

If Hibberd is fit, he should come straight back in and if that means Slattery goes out, then so be it.
This.

Hibberd is the future.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Can't see both Hibbo and Slats in the same team... just the thought of Henry playing on Garlett or Betts is scary... despite playing well after coming on last night i dont think he will hold his place against the Blues.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Hank is about 28-30 best player on the list.

Hibberd is already top 22.

No contest, unless those who have been watching the last 4 odd years have short memories.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

filthy2 wrote:Hank is about 28-30 best player on the list.
Generous
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Dilemma.

With Michael Hibberd due to return, I wouldn't like both in the same team. Both are very similar players, but Hibberd is far better IMO.

swoodley wrote:First contest he went to, he gave away a free with a clumsy attempt at a tackle.

These.

Also what are the chances of him putting in two good (by his standards) games in a row?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Dilemma.

These.

Also what are the chances of him putting in two good (by his standards) games in a row?
Ha, now that's the best point yet! And lets face it, it's not like he came on and won the game for us.. he just played way better than what he usually does. Despite this so called extraordinary perfermance in a half of football the guy really isn't up to AFL level. He's slow mentally and physically and is usually a poor decision maker. He rarely gets his own ball and perhaps the most frustrating and important thing about him is that he struggles to read the play. Hardingham, Hibberd and Heppel have pretty much come in and taken the small defensive roles. Leaving poor old Henry dead last again. Hibberd must come in next week if we are to be any chance against Carlton's small forwards.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Bump

Last game for us last night surely .... Pig or no pig
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Can't see both Hibbo and Slats in the same team... just the thought of Henry playing on Garlett or Betts is scary... despite playing well after coming on last night i dont think he will hold his place against the Blues.
You didn't happen to have an old Delorian in 1985 that took you back to 1955 then into the future by any chance? Would love to get my hands on that sports almanac book you found and find out if the bombers win the flag next year :)