Henry Slattery

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Henry Slattery

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Can't see both Hibbo and Slats in the same team... just the thought of Henry playing on Garlett or Betts is scary... despite playing well after coming on last night i dont think he will hold his place against the Blues.
You didn't happen to have an old Delorian in 1985 that took you back to 1955 then into the future by any chance? Would love to get my hands on that sports almanac book you found and find out if the bombers win the flag next year :)
haha yes it seems my fear of Slats playing on Betts last night was on the money.... hate how we seem to make good/average players look amazing...
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Can't see both Hibbo and Slats in the same team... just the thought of Henry playing on Garlett or Betts is scary... despite playing well after coming on last night i dont think he will hold his place against the Blues.
You didn't happen to have an old Delorian in 1985 that took you back to 1955 then into the future by any chance? Would love to get my hands on that sports almanac book you found and find out if the bombers win the flag next year :)
haha yes it seems my fear of Slats playing on Betts last night was on the money.... hate how we seem to make good/average players look amazing...
So....... the question is (and with all due respect to you Mrs M.) - if a mug supporter(s) can identify it on a fan-site, what is the matter with our selectors?

Surely being more effective than usual, playing the sub role, as he did last week would have been a better choice, with Reimers starting in the 21?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

haha yes... it seems everyone knew what would happen last night except for the coaching staff.... certainly makes you wonder.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

We had limited options in the middle, and even more limited options down back.

Their mids killed us, and the relentless incoming ball to our backline was always going to overwhelm our backs.

Last night our first options...Watson, Hocking, Fletcher, Hooker were missing and our second options couldn't cut it, especially after Pears went off. Once their midfield took control, the writing was on the wall. Up 'til half time, we were well up on the stats. Most of 'em, but not the scoreboard. The Q3 saw them gain midfield control. End of story.

Slats was our 3rd choice on Betts I thought. Fletch would possibly take him , but McVeigh did first up. Failed dismally. Slattery looked like he had a crack. McVeigh on the other hand, had a liesurely walk for 2 hours and wasted the time of anyone that was watching.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

F111 wrote:We had limited options in the middle, and even more limited options down back.

Their mids killed us, and the relentless incoming ball to our backline was always going to overwhelm our backs.

Last night our first options...Watson, Hocking, Fletcher, Hooker were missing and our second options couldn't cut it, especially after Pears went off. Once their midfield took control, the writing was on the wall. Up 'til half time, we were well up on the stats. Most of 'em, but not the scoreboard. The Q3 saw them gain midfield control. End of story.

Slats was our 3rd choice on Betts I thought. Fletch would possibly take him , but McVeigh did first up. Failed dismally. Slattery looked like he had a crack. McVeigh on the other hand, had a liesurely walk for 2 hours and wasted the time of anyone that was watching.
Really hating that colour, maybe if you could get every second character to be black that would be ok though.

Your right to a certain point, after Pears went off we were a different side and McVeigh did suck ass last night. However, Hopeless Henry's game was far worse than anyone elses. Before this game Betts was out of form!

Also it should be noted Slattery again had 100% effeciency for his 8 possies according to the Herald Scum.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

F111 wrote:We had limited options in the middle, and even more limited options down back.

Maybe McVeigh was upset that Lloyd didnt have a whole chapter in his book, saying what a great leader McVeigh is and how he bleeds red and black?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Out and out spud of the hghest order.

I recently said that NLM had played the worst 100 games of football at Essendon, I clearly over-looked Slattery. Utterly utterly hopeless!!!

The sad thing is that Hardingham and Myers have each played more useful games than this idiot and Slattery has been around for 8 years compared to their 3.

If he is still on the list next year i'll spew. I would have rathered Pears with an amputated leg than Slattery play in defence.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Rossoneri wrote: If he is still on the list next year i'll spew. I would have rathered Pears with an amputated leg than Slattery play in defence.
i laughed but stopped because i realized you wern't making a joke
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

My theory is: Hird wants an air-tight excuse to get rid of Slattery.

FFS he looked like Steven Hawkings out there, anyone else on the list could have been better.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BTW, quick show of hands which of you muppets wanted to keep Slattery in the team (even if Hibberd came up) to combat their short forward line.

There were several.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote: I recently said that NLM had played the worst 100 games of football at Essendon, I clearly over-looked Slattery. Utterly utterly hopeless!!!
You over looked Slattsy because he hasn't played 100 games :wink:
Essendunny
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote: I recently said that NLM had played the worst 100 games of football at Essendon, I clearly over-looked Slattery. Utterly utterly hopeless!!!
This guy should not get to the ton. He is not an AFL footballer to my mind let alone an average decent suburban footballer. i wouldn't walk down the road to watch him play for Doutta Stars and see his 16 year old opponent kick 7 on him.

He will be gone at the end of the season. ONly reason he's playing is due to our massive injury list.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

bueller wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
This guy should not get to the ton. He is not an AFL footballer to my mind let alone an average decent suburban footballer. i wouldn't walk down the road to watch him play for Doutta Stars and see his 16 year old opponent kick 7 on him.

He will be gone at the end of the season. ONly reason he's playing is due to our massive injury list.
He wouldn't play for Doutta Stars cos he is a decent bloke..
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Pathetic excuse for a AFL Footballer.

D Grade Adelaide Ammos beckons...in the ressies.