finals?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

finals?

Post by little_ripper »

can we make finals with 11 1/2 wins?

thats what I thought we would need, and in reality its all we could hope for if everything goes right.(with wins coming against hopefully sydney, dogs and port). I don't think any essendon fan realistically expects a win against the filth or west coke away.

looks a long way at the moment being out of the 8, injury plagued and facing the filth this week.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: finals?

Post by Rossoneri »

Both St Kilda and Freo both play Collingwood as well.

Freo have Collingwood, Saints, Hawthorn, Dogs in their run home and we have Dogs & Swans. So the teams around us are also playing each other.

I have us missing on Percentage.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Rossoneri wrote:Both St Kilda and Freo both play Collingwood as well.

Freo have Collingwood, Saints, Hawthorn, Dogs in their run home and we have Dogs & Swans. So the teams around us are also playing each other.

I have us missing on Percentage.
hmmm, think the Saints might consolidate and keep their place in the 8, but Freo's spot might be up for grabs with that run home.
they also have the scum and the dogs away. definetly a tougher draw than ours and they only have half a game on us.(their percentage is woeful).

I think North also have a pretty tough run too.(only other side I think who can probably challenge for 8th).
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

Sydney don't have it easy either.

They have a bye this week followed by us, St Kilda, Geelong in Geelong, Richmond (who love to beat up on interstate sides at the G) and Brisbane at the SCG (only certain win for mine).

Win all 3 our Etihad games and i'll predict we will make it.

Be nice to finish 8th and get another crack at Carlton (who will fall to 5th).

Pears is 2-3wk slight hairline fracture (so he would be back for finals), Hocking, Watson, Fletcher, Hibberd, Hooker would all be free to play. Could even bring in NLM or Welsh if we're desperate come then.

Must get there first.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

brad wrote:Sydney don't have it easy either.

They have a bye this week followed by us, St Kilda, Geelong in Geelong, Richmond (who love to beat up on interstate sides at the G) and Brisbane at the SCG (only certain win for mine).

Pears is 2-3wk slight hairline fracture (so he would be back for finals), Hocking, Watson, Fletcher, Hibberd, Hooker would all be free to play. Could even bring in NLM or Welsh if we're desperate come then.

Must get there first.
I am happy to go on record as saying this, and if it doesn't eventuate everyone can have it as their sig (assuming the below).

If Carlton finish 5th, we finish 8th. If Carlton bring in Waite, Jamieson, Carrazzo (shit anyway) Russell and Bower as we bring in: Watson, Hocking, Pears, Fletch, Hooker and Hibbo (possibly TBell for Hille)....

WE WILL FLOG THESE PRICKS. I would be surprised if they got within 6 goals.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Rossoneri wrote:

Must get there first.
I am happy to go on record as saying this, and if it doesn't eventuate everyone can have it as their sig (assuming the below).

If Carlton finish 5th, we finish 8th. If Carlton bring in Waite, Jamieson, Carrazzo (shit anyway) Russell and Bower as we bring in: Watson, Hocking, Pears, Fletch, Hooker and Hibbo (possibly TBell for Hille)....

Yep, been saying this all day.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

That worked well..

My response was "Yep, been saying this all day."
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Saints will play finals, their run home is a piece of piss.
It's going to be very, very tight.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gimps wrote:That worked well..

My response was "Yep, been saying this all day."
And, while in my fit of rage, I haven't added Winderlich and Dempsey (obvious reasons) but if Dempsey was paying, Bettes would have been lucky to get within 8m of the ball without being tackled, let alone kick 8.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Ossie wrote:Saints will play finals, their run home is a piece of piss.
It's going to be very, very tight.
or not, it really depends if the dons fall in a heap with the mounting injury list.

got to get a good side on the park for the Sydney and Bulldogs games in two and three weeks. If we string two wins together there we might climb back up into 8th.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Rossoneri wrote:

Must get there first.

Could not agree more

I said the same thing on Saturday night... Us full strength against them full strength we are 6 goals better

Issue is that we are never anywhere near full strength for more than a fortnight
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

the scum did just hand us a 13 goal hiding and they had their share of outs too.

I will say though with them, they have one devastatingly good player in Judd. If you don't pay him respect you get absolutely murdered. He is that good. Keep him quiet and I am not yet convinced their other good mids can win matches for them.

injuries or not to lose by 13 goals and let Betts kick 8, that is pretty poor.(altho i did take some positives from the loss too).

no way we are a 6 goal better side when both teams are at full strength. thats just delusional i'd be embarrassed if this thread got picked up by a carlton supporter. :oops:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

little_ripper wrote:the scum did just hand us a 13 goal hiding and they had their share of outs too.

I will say though with them, they have one devastatingly good player in Judd. If you don't pay him respect you get absolutely murdered. He is that good. Keep him quiet and I am not yet convinced their other good mids can win matches for them.

injuries or not to lose by 13 goals and let Betts kick 8, that is pretty poor.(altho i did take some positives from the loss too).

no way we are a 6 goal better side when both teams are at full strength. thats just delusional i'd be embarrassed if this thread got picked up by a carlton supporter. :oops:
I am embarrassed that you give a flying f*** what a Carlton supporter thinks
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Geez it's going to be friggin hard to make finals now, knowing us we wont win those 3 needed to make finals..... Dogs and Sydney aren't gimmies

by god I want us to play finals though, be great experience and the chance to possibly knock Carlton out would be HEAVEN!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Jazz_84 wrote:Geez it's going to be friggin hard to make finals now, knowing us we wont win those 3 needed to make finals..... Dogs and Sydney aren't gimmies

by god I want us to play finals though, be great experience and the chance to possibly knock Carlton out would be HEAVEN!
they aren't gimmes, but the EFC is definitely a 5-6 goal better side at Etihad Stadium. to have 3/5 games there on our run home is a good result.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
little_ripper wrote:the scum did just hand us a 13 goal hiding and they had their share of outs too.

You ARE kidding aren't you?

90% of our backline out...one of our strengths.....most of our midfield....containing our 2 best players who are AFL elite.

OK let them have back Jamieson and Waite and we will take out their 4 best mids and put our backline and mids back in.

The result would have been reversed....easily.

On Saturday we could have had Coleman, Reynolds, Lloyd etc down forward and it would have meant squat because the aget was going the other way 70% of the time.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

little_ripper wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Geez it's going to be friggin hard to make finals now, knowing us we wont win those 3 needed to make finals..... Dogs and Sydney aren't gimmies

they aren't gimmes, but the EFC is definitely a 5-6 goal better side at Etihad Stadium. to have 3/5 games there on our run home is a good result.
good point re Etihad i hope we can get 45k+ to each game (unlikely i know)
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

filthy2 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:

90% of our backline out...one of our strengths.....most of our midfield....containing our 2 best players who are AFL elite.

OK let them have back Jamieson and Waite and we will take out their 4 best mids and put our backline and mids back in.

On Saturday we could have had Coleman, Reynolds, Lloyd etc down forward and it would have meant squat because the aget was going the other way 70% of the time.
Settle a bit there Filth. I don't think Hocking is elite or A-grade and if Watto is elite (I believe there is a difference between elite and A-grade), it would only be just elite as he hasn't been on the pitch long enough this year.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

filthy2 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:

When we actually beat the scum by 6+ goals I'll believe it. They are a decent side. With both sides full strength I'd back us, but not by that much.

Rosseroni - i'd put watson in the elite category. He was in brownlow winning form before he went down with consecutive hammies. And that was a consensus by a lot of footy people, not just one eyed essendon fans.

I'd also back Hocking to stop Judd. Had he played on Sat night the result would have been a lot different. Judd had such a huge night out.