Will Neagle play tall?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
antcl
Top Up Player

Will Neagle play tall?

Post by antcl »

I know Neagle was considered a smallish FF when playing for the TAC, but that he was also bottom-aged. Looking at the website, they have him listed at 189cm, which is 1cm more than Nash/Winderlich/Welsh, and 3cm shorter than Lloyd/Lucas.

I've heard (very briefly), that he hasn't been being played as a KP for Bendigo.

So, people who have seen him play, does he look like he'll play as a KP/3rd tall player, as a tall midfielder, or as a tallish HFF/winger (such as Ryan O'Keefe)? Assuming he makes it of course :lol:

Just wondering, since if what I've heard is right and he can't play KP/3rd tall, it means the only young non-ruck talls on the list are Bradley, Lee & Johns. Not many.
Espescially when you consider we're already missing a CHB, Fletcher is over 30, Hird is close to retirement, and Lloyd & Lucas will be 29 at the start of next season.
nomolos
Club Captain

Re: Will Neagle play tall?

Post by nomolos »

antcl wrote:I know Neagle was considered a smallish FF when playing for the TAC, but that he was also bottom-aged. Looking at the website, they have him listed at 189cm, which is 1cm more than Nash/Winderlich/Welsh, and 3cm shorter than Lloyd/Lucas.

I've heard (very briefly), that he hasn't been being played as a KP for Bendigo.

So, people who have seen him play, does he look like he'll play as a KP/3rd tall player, as a tall midfielder, or as a tallish HFF/winger (such as Ryan O'Keefe)? Assuming he makes it of course :lol:

Just wondering, since if what I've heard is right and he can't play KP/3rd tall, it means the only young non-ruck talls on the list are Bradley, Lee & Johns. Not many.
Espescially when you consider we're already missing a CHB, Fletcher is over 30, Hird is close to retirement, and Lloyd & Lucas will be 29 at the start of next season.
Too short for KP.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

As we've seen this year. He can take a bloody good mark...
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

Thats what I was worried about.

So, we've effectively got 3 tall non-ruck KP players under about 27 years old.

Johns, Lee & Bradley.

If we don't get at least 3 talls this draft, I'm going to be worried.