FYI Bendigo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

FYI Bendigo

Post by rockhole »

Bendigo v Werribee is on Channel 2 on Saturday 6th August. Probably will not recognise anyone!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: FYI Bendigo

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

rockhole wrote:Bendigo v Werribee is on Channel 2 on Saturday 6th August. Probably will not recognise anyone!!
haha yes most of the players will be Bendigo boys.... will make the win all that much sweeter if we are able to pull it off... will post the team shortly.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Here is the team.... we have more Ess listed players than Werribee have NM players which is interesting...the captain Trent Shinners is back as well which is a huge relief for the back line.

B- H.Slattery Shinners Freezer
HB- Vale Davis L-Murray
C- Quinn Silverlock T.Slattery
HF- Dickson Steinberg Duscher
F- Jenkins Little Gumbleton
R- TB Browne Welsh

bench from- Neagle, Webster, Campbell, Ladson, Liddle, Biggs, Dunell

Pretty strong lineup... hopefully all the listed Ess guys actually make it out onto the park.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Here is the team.... we have more Ess listed players than Werribee have NM players which is interesting...the captain Trent Shinners is back as well which is a huge relief for the back line.

HB- Vale Davis L-Murray
R- TB Browne Welsh

Pretty strong lineup... hopefully all the listed Ess guys actually make it out onto the park.
Any relation to Frankie?
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

No idea who the Bendigo Dunell is.... he isnt on the Bendigo list of players for the year....
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

BenDoolan wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Here is the team.... we have more Ess listed players than Werribee have NM players which is interesting...the captain Trent Shinners is back as well which is a huge relief for the back line.

HB- Vale Davis L-Murray
R- TB Browne Welsh

Any relation to Frankie?
I think it is his son.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BERT wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

HB- Vale Davis L-Murray
R- TB Browne Welsh

Any relation to Frankie?
I think it is his son.
Quite right Bertie, I just did a quick google search and Sam Dunell is indeed the son of Frank Dunell.
Sam Dunnell (son of former Essendon player Frank Dunell) appears a very likely prospect, playing as a versatile roaming forward with good hands and an ability to be equally at home flying for the mark or collecting ground balls.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Hmmm ... played for Old Melburnians and has been featured in Age and Sporting pulse articles as "having a red letter year" .... midfielder who likes a goal but was named in the 2011 Ammo's U23 All Australian team (at the Adelaide Carnival) on the HBF. Kicked the winning goal in the Ammos vs Vic Country game this year to snare the Brian Maloney cup. Cleared by VAFA to move to VFL mid july this year. Age as far as I can tell is 20. ... Hmmmm

BTW his dad played 100 games for us before going to Bris.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gumbleton has to make a statement this week. Simply has to
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:Gumbleton has to make a statement this week. Simply has to
No...I don't think he does.

He just needs to stay on the park and get game time.

I doubt he is being considered for a senior game now while Carlisle is playing well.

So get some game time and hopefully have a big preseason that is without injury or illness.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:

I doubt he is being considered for a senior game now while Carlisle is playing well.

So get some game time and hopefully have a big preseason that is without injury or illness.
...or mishap or misfortune or misadventure or misdemeanour or misconduct or misunderstanding or miscellaneous misery
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

swoodley wrote:

This is spot on. He does not need additional pressure. Let him work on getting through games.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I think they should put the cue in the rack for Gumby playing senior football this year. Let him play the last 4-5 weeks in the twos, hopefully with greater output, have the break, come back for a full pre-season and go from there.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

swoodley wrote:

This.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Bendigo down by 3 goals at half time... should be a lot further behind... our ball use has been shocking at times...

No Henry Slattery out there, makes me think Hocking will be a late withdrawal tonight...

Better players at the moment:
Natrat- has been fantastic in the middle, set up a few goals and kicked a ripper himself
TB- strong ruck work against McIntosh and Daw
Quinn has worked hard in the middle
Dickson and Dunell look lively

Our backline has been horrible... Tyson Slattery in particular has had a dirty day so far...
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

3rd Quarter 3 points up.....Steinberg has good size and a bit of talent there too. Mmmm. :|
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Much better 3rd quarter... really dominated possession but couldnt quite get it on the scoreboard... Gumby has 1.4

TB taken off the ground as a precaution for tonight... maybe 2 late changes are coming up tonight...

L-Murray and Welsh have been fantastic!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Werribee win by 9 points... hit the front in the last quarter but a horrible stuff up by Jenkins and Dickson cost us a goal and the Tigers rammed on the next 3....

Ball usage in general was pretty average but we played well in patches,

1- Neagle- worked really hard, had to play ruck when TB went off and he did rather well.
3- Gumby- had a good 3rd quarter but was unsighted for the rest of the match. kicked 1.4
4- Little- struggled today on Grima, still kicked a couple
5- Dickson- was one of the better players today, 3 goals and worked hard in the midfield
6- Liddle- provided some dash but was pretty quiet today
9- Duscher- work horse on the midfield
10- Freezer- was ok in the back half, did make some bad errors though which cost us goals
16- Shinners- had a shocker today on McKinley
24- Browne- pretty good in the middle, floated in and out of the match
25- Steinberg- had a great final quarter, finished with 3 goals
27- Davis- needs some muscles, was ok in the back half
35- Silverlock- had some good and bad moments, played mainly in the back half
36- Slattery- struggled on Warren
41- Quinn- one of our better players, worked really hard all over the ground
42- Natrat- wasnt sighted in the last quarter but kept us in the match today.
44- TB- was dominating in the ruck... taken off as a possible inclusion for tonights match. Hurt us in the middle when he went off
46- Jenkins- couldnt really get into the match
47- Webster- didint do much
49- Ladson- very skinny but showed some poise
53- Vale- tried hard
56- Kerridge- 23rd man and played a great game off half back
60- Dunell- super skinny but was lively in the first half
62- Welsh- got better as the game went on.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:
swoodley wrote:

This is spot on. He does not need additional pressure. Let him work on getting through games.
Bullshit....he does have to make a statement....for how many years are you going to say, nah, its alright, just get through a game. f*** that for a joke. The guy is fit to play, stand up and be counted
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Gumbleton was absolutely terrible yesterday and your right Windy_Hill, he needed to do stand up and be counted. I have to admit that was the first time I have seen him this year and it was on TV... he may of done some good work off the ball. I liked how he actually got the ball in the third quarter and had a few shots on goal but apart from that he did nothing. He still has the same old problems... His kicking style is woeful, he still drops the ball way too high and leans back like Salmon used to do when he kicks. The fact that he's been in the AFL system for 5 years and still hasn't sorted this out is a massive worry. Another big problem is he doesn't attack the ball hard enough and split packs open, he's just not that sort of player. He plays more like a medium sized lead up forward, similar to Monfries and we already have a Monfries. Also he really needs to improve his fitness level if he wants to play CHF at the elite level, he just doesn't get to enough contests. It's not easy being an AFL footballer and CHF is the most important and hardest position on the ground, I don't think he's cut out for it. If he isn't already contracted for next year then I doubt he will get another chance. If we all didn't know he was a No. 2 draft pick nobody would be talking about him and he would of most likely already of been delisted. It seems like a waste, but the club is bigger than one player and he's pretty much taking a spot on our list that should go to fresh talent. His reputation as a 16 or 17 year old shouldn't last forever.