FYI Bendigo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: FYI Bendigo

Post by Gyoza »

So he should have come back first game after an injury and played like a superstar? He didn't and now we should delist him :roll:

There are plenty of heads who should be on the chopping block ahead of a guy who has had a terrible run with injuries. Judge Gumbleton on next year. If his body is STILL not right, then they need to assess if it is ever going to be.... :(
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BomberinJapan wrote:So he should have come back first game after an injury and played like a superstar? He didn't and now we should delist him :roll:

There are plenty of heads who should be on the chopping block ahead of a guy who has had a terrible run with injuries. Judge Gumbleton on next year. If his body is STILL not right, then they need to assess if it is ever going to be.... :(
This...
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

BomberinJapan wrote:So he should have come back first game after an injury and played like a superstar? He didn't and now we should delist him :roll:

Nobody said anything about him playing like a superstar, for me I was just hoping he would show a bit more. If your fit enough to actually get out there just running around isn't good enough. Essendon footy club isn't a charity it's a professional sporting club and as a member I expect results from players and I hope the coaching staff feel the same way.
And as far as his injuries are concerned he was in drafted 2006! They need to be assesing that this year. Imagine if he did break down again early next year (which is at least 50/50), that would be 6 years Gumbleton had spent on our list for very very little return.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I dont know if it was just the TV angles... but i didint think Gumby looked all that fit yesterday, seemed to be carrying a bit of extra weight around the middle... :?:

Even Neagle looked more dangerous yesterday.