McVeigh

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

McVeigh

Post by robbie67 »

I hang a bit of shit on the guy, because he is a bit of a caricature, but have to say he has been f****** good the last two weeks, and just may be extending his career.

Dyson may be able to hang on as a depth player as well.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: McVeigh

Post by bomberdonnie »

Spike was excellent tonight and I should have given him votes in retrospect
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Given a specific role - he has done well. He did well tonight.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Because of his superb kicking skills, he seems to be the go to guy to release from the backline. He played a top notch game tonight.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

robbie67 wrote:I hang a bit of shit on the guy, because he is a bit of a caricature, but have to say he has been f****** good the last two weeks, and just may be extending his career.

Dyson may be able to hang on as a depth player as well.
Really liked McVeigh's game and really like the way you have given him a wrap Robbie67. Credit where it's due. He sort of played a point guard type of position last night just setting up the play across half back. Hopefully he plays out the remainder of his career in defence.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Has been really solid over past cuple of weeks. Real bonus having him up coming into the finals
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

The last couple of weeks have been his best games in quite a long while. Hope he can keep it up.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

billyduckworth wrote:The last couple of weeks have been his best games in quite a long while. Hope he can keep it up.
Me too, have always been a fan of Spike and great to see him enjoy his footy around all the younger guys and still play his role in the side!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Has gone a bit of the way to redeeming the junk he served up over most of 2009-2010 in the last month or so. He is contracted until the end of next year and i still don't see him being extended beyond then, but i think he is finally coming to the realisation that he can't hold a spot in the midfield over the young guys, and he just has to do his role down back. Maybe it's finally dawned on him that being a team player and providing a steady hand down back provides so much more leadership than all the jumper-tugging, chest thumping and rev-up speeches he's done over the years.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Yep, been for for the last couple of weeks. Still not sure what the point of one R.Dyson is, though.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Speaking of McVeighs, does anyone have any idea what is wrong with Marks little niece? I just know there are 'issues', was wondering what they were.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Megan wrote:Speaking of McVeighs, does anyone have any idea what is wrong with Marks little niece? I just know there are 'issues', was wondering what they were.
I think it was a health issue....not sure exactly what though
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Megan wrote:Speaking of McVeighs, does anyone have any idea what is wrong with Marks little niece? I just know there are 'issues', was wondering what they were.
No idea, but J McVeigh played today, so all must be well (or at least much better) now.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Oh, and I agree Spike was very good last night. Was in my next 2 or 3 for votes. Great to see.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
I think it was a health issue....not sure exactly what though
Yeah it's a health thing, just wondered if anyone knew what. NO special reason, just nosey.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.