Team v WC Steroid Abusers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Team v WC Steroid Abusers

Post by Madden »

In: Lovett-Murray, Myers, Bellchambers
Out: Hurley (soreness), Pears (soreness), Dyson

Looks like Hurls and Pears are being given the week off. Myers in for Dyson looks like our only change to this team pre finals.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Team v WC Steroid Abusers

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Thank God Fletch seems to be playing then... Kennedy, Darling and co would have had a field day.

Career in red and black over for Dyson?? Not good being dropped this time of year with so many players unavailable.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Looks like Paddy will be playing back again this week.

That can be the only explanation for bringing in Bellchambers.

Surely we're not looking to try the 3 ruckman trick on the biggest f****** ground in the comp.

We need runners, not ruckmen.

Maybe Natrat can smack a few heads :)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Nat Rat and Myers can both play tall so that is why they are in. Belly coming in means Ryder plays back.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Must say I am stunned Fletcher isn't being given a week off too.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Ossie wrote:Must say I am stunned Fletcher isn't being given a week off too.
Would think he'd be a late withdrawal, or will be rested next week.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Maybe his turn next week, after all, with 346 games under his belt, he'll shape up alright for a final even with two weeks "off", me'thinks. Sort of surprised about Dyson, perhaps, the thinking is that Natrat will be the finals substitute player, 'cause I would have thought that Dysons foot skills would have helped out in the west.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Staggy wrote:
Would think he'd be a late withdrawal, or will be rested next week.
My thoughts too. I'm assuming Fletcher won't even fly out with the team tomorrow, Dyson will retain his spot.

I am concerned about Pears. I know they said he only got a knock to the knee, but his icepack looked to be very close to where he cracked his fibula against Carlton a month or so again.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

uptick wrote:
Maybe his turn next week, after all, with 346 games under his belt, he'll shape up alright for a final even with two weeks "off", me'thinks. Sort of surprised about Dyson, perhaps, the thinking is that Natrat will be the finals substitute player, 'cause I would have thought that Dysons foot skills would have helped out in the west.
:-k is he up to 346 is he?

347 West Coast
348 Port Adelaide
349 first final
350 ?

Maybe we're just trying to get him over the line for 350? :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

perhaps Fletcher genuinely came up fine and likewise hurley and pears are genuinely too sore. the club does want to field a side to win the game.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

Hurley left the ground with Doc Reid during the pre-game warm up and then spent a lot of time with his boot off in the pre-siren warm up so not surprised he is out with soreness
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

We get through this game with no more injuries and a loss under 100 points - I'll consider that a good thing.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Mick wrote:Hurley left the ground with Doc Reid during the pre-game warm up and then spent a lot of time with his boot off in the pre-siren warm up so not surprised he is out with soreness
Retaping the foot,(underside) happened right below me.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

In the call of the game the 'boundary rider' said he had very bad blisters.

As for Fletch well who knows - he may well play. He may want to play every game he possibly can this season.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

You can never tell with Fletch, seems to permanently hobble.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

hop wrote:We get through this game with no more injuries and a loss under 100 points - I'll consider that a good thing.
Agree.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Disappointed we are not going at full strength but if there was the slightest risk with Hurley and Pears, then fair enough.

Interesting that NLM is getting a run. I wonder if they believe he would be a better sub prospect than Ricky. Ii know he f**** up and panics from time to time, but for his size, he is quick, strong, takes a good grab and can break packs. Besides, he can play just about anywhere.

Maybe a better all round package than Dyson.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Hurley being rested for a hotspot in his foot. Hirdy said if he had it earlier in the year he'd have 6 weeks off as a precaution.
jimmyc1985 wrote:I am concerned about Pears. I know they said he only got a knock to the knee, but his icepack looked to be very close to where he cracked his fibula against Carlton a month or so again.
It was a flare up of that injury and Hird admitted it was a mistake to play him last week. Apparently would have been fully healed by this week. Let's hope he's back next week.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

To take one out of Filthy's book, I would have been very tempted to play Gumbleton this week.

Yes, I know he's hardly done anything in the AFL and he hasn't played that well this year, but with Hurley and Pears out, the game is almost over already so it would be a chance to see what he can do. And it would mean we wouldn't play 3 ruckmen, so Paddy could play in the ruck without the team balance being f*****, which he's been doing very well recently.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

j-mac31 wrote:To take one out of Filthy's book, I would have been very tempted to play Gumbleton this week.

Yes, I know he's hardly done anything in the AFL and he hasn't played that well this year, but with Hurley and Pears out, the game is almost over already so it would be a chance to see what he can do. And it would mean we wouldn't play 3 ruckmen, so Paddy could play in the ruck without the team balance being f*****, which he's been doing very well recently.
right so you don't reward Bellchambers who had near BOG performance in the twos last week?(aside from NLM who has also been called up)

screw filthys book, i'm glad our coaches are selecting on merit.

gumbleton i am pretty sure has another year to run on his contract, him along with a few others will get another year to prove themselves as apparently next years draft is damn thin.