Michael vs Fletcher

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.

Who should be at full back?

Dustin Fletcher
44%
Mal Michael
56%

Total votes: 9

tom9779
Club Captain

Michael vs Fletcher

Post by tom9779 »

Who should be fullback?

quick poll?(is that possible on BT?)

For me it is Dustin, but who knows where that leaves Michael?

perhaps they are both going to be part time footballers next year. kind of a job share arrangement?

hmmmm
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

and so it begins!!1
Bombers4Premiers
Regular Senior Player

Post by Bombers4Premiers »

But where will it end? :lol:
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Fletch at full-back and Michael at CHB, wonder where that leaves Kepler.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

JumboPaddy wrote:Fletch at full-back and Michael at CHB, wonder where that leaves Kepler.
How about Michael at full back, Hansen or Lee at CHB with Fletch and Kepler on the wings :wink: (My number of the beast post :twisted: )
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Michaels plays CFB and FLetch stays at Full Back. In other words Mal gets guys like Hall, Brown, Tredrea etc while Fletcher gets to direct traffic in the goal square. If match-ups are not working we simple switch the match-up.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

swoodley wrote:
JumboPaddy wrote:Fletch at full-back and Michael at CHB, wonder where that leaves Kepler.
How about Michael at full back, Hansen or Lee at CHB with Fletch and Kepler on the wings :wink: (My number of the beast post :twisted: )
Funnily, the thought of Fletch on the wing has always intrigued me. It's something that I've wanted to see, just occasionally, as I do think he would be a revelation up there.

LIoyd on the lead from the goalsquare, Fletch with the ball centre wing.
All forwards leading away from LIoyd.

Mal Michael though is not a selection I like. He's publicly stsated he wants to be a part timer hasn't he, he wants to do good work in PNG?

At best he will provide a short time holding up one spot that a Lee might otherwise develop in. 2007 should be the coming out of Lee. I hope Michael doesn't hold that up.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Fletch for FF! :D
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Mal can play on the big monster forwards and Fletch can play on another forward and also take the kick-ins.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Mal generally full back as he his very much a defensive and negating player, he isnt very creative and doesnt have the depth of kick that fletcher provides.

Fletcher will Play generally CHB where he can be a target for kick in's thanks to his strong overhead marking and ultimately his mobility, creativity, reliable footskills and depth of kick will allow play a more attacking role delivering long accurate ball to CHF from half back or even into F50 when he pushes up an extra 20 mtrs.

Should suit him perfect. Unlike most CHB's who dont like it too deep in D50, in recent years forwards have tried to push Fletcher up the ground to get him away from the D50 and leave lesser players one out at FB. With Michaels holding the fort at FB and fletcher at CHB this will no longer be a viable tactic and the more you allow fletcher into the play the more damaging he will be on the rebound.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Sheedy has stated that fletcher wants to move away from fullback and he sheed's also stated that if we get michael there is no doubt in his mind that michael will play FB and fletcher CHB.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Imagine a Fletcher bomb from the middle of the ground ... now there's penetration. Solve any hint of flooding. Pin Lloyd on the chest in the goalsquare. I like the thought of that.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Michael as FB. Gumbleton, Bradley, Lee etc. etc. at CHB. Fletcher gets an all care no responsibility role, floating around the back line taking a truckload of marks. Opposition teams will have to put a negating player on him to nullify his impact, effectively cramping their own forward-line.

We get the ablility to give one of these young guys the chance to develop knowing we've got the best spoilers in the game backing them up.
bomber_girl
High Draft Pick

Post by bomber_girl »

Why do people think Gumbleton is THE answer at CHB? Sure, he can play there, but he's naturally a forward, hence U/18 AA Centre Half Forward
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Mal Michael won't play anywhere except out of the square. he isn't quick enough.

Gumbleton can play forward or back, sheeds will want Gumby as our next CHF though I am sure.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Gatsid wrote:Sheedy has stated that fletcher wants to move away from fullback and he sheed's also stated that if we get michael there is no doubt in his mind that michael will play FB and fletcher CHB.
Heard Sheeds on 3AW last night and he said nothing of the sort.

What's your source? - can't think where you would have got this idea from.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Staggy wrote:
Gatsid wrote:Sheedy has stated that fletcher wants to move away from fullback and he sheed's also stated that if we get michael there is no doubt in his mind that michael will play FB and fletcher CHB.
Heard Sheeds on 3AW last night and he said nothing of the sort.

What's your source? - can't think where you would have got this idea from.
I was reading it off an article in the sport section off my 3 mobile. I'll try and find the article and I'll type out the source and quote.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Sheeds was saying at a press conference that Mal would play FB and Fletch would be at CHB.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Mal @ FB and Fletch at CHB.

Btw Tom i added in a poll for you mate.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Boyler_Room wrote:Imagine a Fletcher bomb from the middle of the ground ... now there's penetration. Solve any hint of flooding. Pin Lloyd on the chest in the goalsquare. I like the thought of that.
All forwards lead away from goal, LIoyd does the reverse direction lead back towards the goal and takes a running mark and goals without stopping.

That'd cause an uproar :D ...once :shock: , then they'd cover it. :roll:

:lol: