Ladies and Gentlemen - Introducing Your 2007 Best 22

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Ladies and Gentlemen - Introducing Your 2007 Best 22

Post by Windy_Hill »

McVeigh Michael Slattery
Lovett-Murray Fletcher McPhee
Dyson Stanton Camporeale
Hird Lucas Gumbleton
Jetta Lloyd Lovett

Hille, Watson, J Johnson

I/C Laycock, M Johnson, Monfries, Johns

Emerg: Hislop, Peverill, Ryder, Bradley, Welsh, Dempsey, Nash, Lee etc

DAMN THIS IS HARD
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

No its not, just wasteful.

Edit: How does a player/s never to play AFL football make it into the best 22.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

nomolos wrote:No its not, just wasteful.

Edit: How does a player/s never to play AFL football make it into the best 22.
Because both of them have played senior footy and are absolute guns and are better than whoever else would be in there. Who would you suggest then?

I'd go with this:

McVeigh Michael M Johnson
Lovett-Murray Fletcher McPhee
Dyson Stanton Camporeale
Hird Lucas Gumbleton
Jetta Lloyd Lovett

Hille, Watson, J Johnson

I/C Laycock, Ryder, Monfries, Johns

Emerg: Hislop, Peverill, Slattery, Bradley, Welsh, Dempsey, Nash, Lee

Slattery wouldnt be in my best team. But the rest i'd agree with.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Do you think any of the draft pick ups will play seniors early 2007?

I think gumbleton, jetta might be brought on slow, and hislop might get the first run???

thoughts?
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Gossy7 wrote:
Because both of them have played senior footy and are absolute guns and are better than whoever else would be in there. Who would you suggest then?

Welsh
Bradley
Cole
Winderlich
Peverill
Heffernan
Jason Johnson

For starters.

I dont believe that the players just drafted are amongst our BEST 22, when they have not played a game at the highest level.

They can not be the best simply based on the fact they played senior football in the WAFL no less :roll: , otherwise I could be in our best 22.

I object to it being called THE BEST 22, call it something else and I might jump on board
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nomolos wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:

Welsh
Bradley
Cole
Winderlich
Peverill
Heffernan
Jason Johnson

For starters.

I dont believe that the players just drafted are amongst our BEST 22, when they have not played a game at the highest level.

They can not be the best simply based on the fact they played senior football in the WAFL no less :roll: , otherwise I could be in our best 22.

I object to it being called THE BEST 22, call it something else and I might jump on board

Lighten Up son - its just a bit of fun. Oh, and by the way, you've already jumped on twice in this post. Oh and by the way, Cole and Heffernan will not have a chance. Oh and by the way, JJ is in the team.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

wont gumbleton be groomed for a CHB position, so is more likely to start half back flank?
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Maybe your missing my principle of the thing.

I believe those players not to be in our BEST 22. They havent played a game at AFL level, so are not best yet. Unless youve got a crystal ball and can see into the future.

If you had of called it "A team for 2007" then i may have just ragged you for creating another bloody team thread, but would not have been so vocal about the new draftees being included.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

nomolos wrote:Maybe your missing my principle of the thing.

I believe those players not to be in our BEST 22. They havent played a game at AFL level, so are not best yet. Unless youve got a crystal ball and can see into the future.

If you had of called it "A team for 2007" then i may have just ragged you for creating another bloody team thread, but would not have been so vocal about the new draftees being included.
Maybe the fact that most of our current crop are shit is the reason why the get in the best 22.

Jetta simply by putting on an Essendon guernsey makes him in the team before Heffernan and cole.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

After the draft and the Mal Michael thing you cant help but think about the best 22.

I like your back 6 windy, very similar to what I invisioned, but I hav things a little different elsewhere.

B Slattery Michael MJ
HB NLM Fletch McPhee
C Lovett Watson Stanton
HF Hird Lucas Monfries
F Jetta Lloyd Johns

FOLL Hille JJ McVeigh
I/C Laycock Camporeale Dyson Winderlich

* I want to see Lovett play on a wing like Longy. We need more pure speed in the middle. Let Jetta take over that speedy crumbing role in a pocket.

* McVeigh should be given a go in the midfield. I think he can do it.

* Cant see all of ryder, Hille and Laycock in the team all at once.

* Hopefully Dyson and Winders can tak another step forward so we can have some more pace coming off the bench, with a pretty solid vet like campo.

It doesnt look to shaby I must say.

I honestly think Essendon can be a BIG surprise this year. Why? Because guys who were getting regular senior games when they werent really up to it are on the outer I believe. Guys like, Pev, Bolton, Welsh, Henno(when fit), Heff etc.

Time will tell.

Sheeds better have the team working on their skills, as they were deplorable last season.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Lovett Swap with Jetta there DC and i reckon they would go alright.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Round 1, 2007

B: M Johnson, M Michael, H Slattery
HB: M McVeigh, D Fletcher, A McPhee
C: R Dyson, B Stanton, S Camporeale
HF: J Hird, S Lucas, C Johns
F: A Monfries, M Lloyd, A Lovett
FOLL: D Hille, J Watson, J Johnson
INTER: K Bradley, A Welsh, A Davey, N Lovett Murray
EMERG: J Winderlich, P Ryder, J Laycock

Team, making up this team makes me think we're not looking too bad on paper and a bit of pressure on boys to perform! Oooh yeah! :D
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Come on guys, where's Mark Bolton??
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

BenDoolan wrote:Come on guys, where's Mark Bolton??
:D :D :D :D Mark Bolton? Didn't he sing that How Can We Be Lovers song? :D :D :D :D

He'll be alright for a bit of depth but there's now a bit of competition for his spot.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bombercol wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Come on guys, where's Mark Bolton??
:D :D :D :D Mark Bolton? Didn't he sing that How Can We Be Lovers song? :D :D :D :D

He'll be alright for a bit of depth but there's now a bit of competition for his spot.
Thats what we said last year as well.

I dont mind bolts, but if he is in our best 22, then we are in trouble. No disrespect to him, he is an ok player at best, but if we want to win the flag, he cant be in our 22.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

The again, everybody has a good team on paper in November. I like the speculation, but dont buy into the prospect of making top 8 next year. We thought this year was going to be a good year until Lloyd went down.

However, I might as well make a team (easier to criticise though):
B: Slatts Michael Nash
HB: McPhee Fletch NLM
C: Dyson Watson McVeigh
HF: Hird Lucas Johns
F: Monfries Lloyd Lovett
R: Hille JJ Stanton
Int: Laycock, Winderlich, Bradley, MJ

Rest: Welsh, Campo, Pev, Bolton, Heff, Ryder, Jetta, Gumbleton, Dempsey, Lee.

Hmmmmm......team looks ok, but I feel I have left someone out. That team doesnt seem quick though. I suppose, Jetta and dempsey will probably get into that 22 pretty quick, especially with their speed (pardon the pun)
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

No,Sheedy will play Gumbleton on the top gun CH Forwards, the Treadreas, the Browns and then maybe even on a Hall, destroy the kid, just like he's done with Bradley just so that Fletcher, McPhee and now probably even a Michael can run around the backline playing the loose man/link up role that Sheedy seems to love, all three looking like champs and getting plenty of possies, meanwhile the team will be losing thanks to the dominance of the gun Forward playing on Gumbleton...yeah great coaching Sheeds.

You know I've just read the latest Bomber Mag. Read what the Pres, the CEO and most importantly the coach had to say and nowhere did anyone mention our worst season on record having anything to do with the coach or coaching methods. The only exception being GOD's piece where he blamed himself for the move he made on Betts the day we drew with the scum. Well done Gary, you were the only one willing to take ownership for your own poor deecision.

If this is the way the new season is going to be approached...a sad case of not being able to see the forest for the trees, then don't be expecting too much. Like I've said before, the first place a manager or coach should look when things are going wrong is in the mirror... it seems to me that there must not be too many mirrors at Essendon or in the Sheedy household either.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I doubt any of the draft picks will play straight away. They may have played senior footy before but this is a few steps up from what they have experienced before.

I'd like to think that they could come off the bench, Johns earned his spot in the side late last year and deserves to start on the ground.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

robrulz5 wrote:I doubt any of the draft picks will play straight away. They may have played senior footy before but this is a few steps up from what they have experienced before.

I'd like to think that they could come off the bench, Johns earned his spot in the side late last year and deserves to start on the ground.
So do you feel the draftees should be in a best team of 2007???
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

Watch out for Dempsey and Ryder this year.