Hibbo escapes conviction...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Hibbo escapes conviction...

Post by little_ripper »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/michae ... 6136628396

brighter news for the boy. (hope it was suitable justice too for the victim).
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hibbo escapes conviction...

Post by Sismis »

Based on that description of events I'd say he is very lucky. Hopefully this has been a wake up call for him, because to be honest (once again based on that description of events) he acted like a total knob.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Sismis wrote:Based on that description of events I'd say he is very lucky. Hopefully this has been a wake up call for him, because to be honest (once again based on that description of events) he acted like a total knob.
tell me about it. The way Filthy described it, he made hibbo sound like a saint beset by some trouble making houligans. Hibbo by the sounds of it all was the instigator and was so drunk he cant remember. Cant stand guys like that, Hibbo is lucky he didnt pick the wrong dude. Next time he might be the one with the sore jaw and busted face. Ive seen it many times, guys thinking they are tough picking a guy who doesnt look like much only to get smashed and embarrassed.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

David Hookes anyone...
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Cannot wait to hear Filthy's version of events again... Might get a cuppa and a biscuit so that I can really enjoy the read
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Good news, but let's hope he does actually learn from it, unlike f***wit Fevola.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

To anyone with any long term real life experience, in matters before the Courts, there are 2 versions of what happened.

There is the version the Lawyer prepares for his client; cleanskin, out of character, drunk and cannot remember, wearing a impeccable Ermenegildo Zegna suit, deeply remorseful, apologised to the "victim", already severly punished, always followed by a fine and no conviction....much to the Magistrates relief.

I will stick by the real version of events by people who were there, who know him, that he was minding his own business having a drink when a hero came up to him to pick a fight with the wrong bloke.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

filthy2 wrote:To anyone with any long term real life experience, in matters before the Courts, there are 2 versions of what happened.

There is the version the Lawyer prepares for his client; cleanskin, out of character, drunk and cannot remember, wearing a impeccable Ermenegildo Zegna suit, deeply remorseful, apologised to the "victim", already severly punished, always followed by a fine and no conviction....much to the Magistrates relief.

I will stick by the real version of events by people who were there, who know him, that he was minding his own business having a drink when a hero came up to him to pick a fight with the wrong bloke.
Heaven
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
filthy2 wrote:To anyone with any long term real life experience, in matters before the Courts, there are 2 versions of what happened.

Heaven
Gotta be honest whilst Hibbo isn't as angelic as Filth originally made out from what I've heard around the traps the other bloke wasn't as angelic as was made out by the courts.

The bloke said something to Hibbo first in subway. Then again when they were outside from what I've been told he said something to Hibbo like, "f****** AFL players aren't that tough, why dont you have a crack faggot I'll even give you first shot."

Hibbo not smart enough to walk away.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Never said he was angelic Bonce just that he had a tough upbringing in a poor family and with less than satisfactory siblings (won't comment here but PM me and I'll let you know....world we know soon enough :( )

Pig made a serious effort to go straight, stay out of trouble, and make something of himself, and as the beak said was of good character.

What doesn't compute is this bit about the Subway which is about 200m from the Grand and I doubt is open at 2-3am???? And what would the Grands' bouncers be doing 200m away from the Pub. When I worked on the door, you never left the pub's real estate...got the trouble out and stayed inside.

It just doesn't make sense. :shock:

You are right about the words said the Pig. Spot on. Didn't start it but finished it.

Like i said I reckon his lawyer, pled guilty on his behalf, dressed him up in a suit, out of character, deeply remorseful, said sorry blah blah blah just to get over and done with. It has cost him $22500 and the wrath of his old man which is apparently scary enough as it is and the EFC.

I think he is smart enough to realise the ramificatiions of his actions....at least I hope he has as he has a lot to offer the EFC and his family.

Main St Mornington has a rep for this; Spida Everitt, Simon Goosey....high profile locals and out of towners cop this shit all the time...... like Reimers does back in Bunbury. Unfortunate but I think it is a small town mentality thing although Mornington is hardly small anymore.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I did go to great lengths to specify, "based on that description of events" as I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in between.

Sorry, but someone gobbing off at you is not an excuse. I hope he truly was remorseful so he can actually learn from this.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Cannot wait to hear Filthy's version of events again... Might get a cuppa and a biscuit so that I can really enjoy the read
I had KFC.
Last edited by j-mac31 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:Sorry, but someone gobbing off at you is not an excuse. I hope he truly was remorseful so he can actually learn from this.
This.
filthy2 wrote:Never said he was angelic Bonce just that he had a tough upbringing in a poor family and with less than satisfactory siblings (won't comment here but PM me and I'll let you know....world we know soon enough :( )
Is that a polite way of saying he's a bogan?
Also I don't think how his siblings turned out is particularly relevant or that you should go around telling everyone about them, even via PM.
filthy2 wrote:What doesn't compute is this bit about the Subway which is about 200m from the Grand and I doubt is open at 2-3am???? And what would the Grands' bouncers be doing 200m away from the Pub. When I worked on the door, you never left the pub's real estate...got the trouble out and stayed inside.

It just doesn't make sense. :shock:
Maybe his shift had ended.