Farewell to a true "Essendon" hero.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Farewell to a true "Essendon" hero.

Post by robbie67 »

You dont have to have played for us, to do something we loved. We all owe Darren Milburn best wishes in retirement for 1 truly great act 10 years ago. If only the scragging Silvagni c*** had never played again, that hit would of been perfect. However the sight of his eyes rolling back in his head was probably good enough. All the best Darren, a true "Essendon" hero.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Re: Farewell to a true "Essendon" hero.

Post by BERT »

Hahaha.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

:lol: hahaha I remember that when I was quite young. Those Scum fans went ape shit! So good!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

brings tears to my eyes
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

That incident also once again highlighted what a f***wit Justin Murphy was, had been traded from Carlton to Geelong by Carlton at the end of the previous season, but despite this, when Silvangi went down he acted like he was still a Carlton player, shaking his head in disgust and shooting dirty looks at Milburn etc.

He was gone from Geelong by the end of the season, the players there wanted nothing to do with him after he clearly sided with the opposition instead of his teammate.

Still make me sick that the useless, pathetic, soft squib ever pulled on a red and black jumper. Funny thing is the tool probably feels that he is a former Carlton player, despite the fact they kicked him out of their club on two separate occasions.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha....footage of him running to the bench and clapping at Carlton supporters who were abusing him was hilarious. He almost incited a riot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXrRX0PbvyY

Love to know what penalties would have been handed down in today's "rules".
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:Haha....footage of him running to the bench and clapping at Carlton supporters who were abusing him was hilarious. He almost incited a riot!

Love to know what penalties would have been handed down in today's "rules".
If you use Lloydy's hit on Sewell as a benchmark, 12 weeks would not have been out of the question.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

ealesy wrote:That incident also once again highlighted what a f****** Justin Murphy was, had been traded from Carlton to Geelong by Carlton at the end of the previous season, but despite this, when Silvangi went down he acted like he was still a Carlton player, shaking his head in disgust and shooting dirty looks at Milburn etc.

He was gone from Geelong by the end of the season, the players there wanted nothing to do with him after he clearly sided with the opposition instead of his teammate.

Still make me sick that the useless, pathetic, soft squib ever pulled on a red and black jumper. Funny thing is the tool probably feels that he is a former Carlton player, despite the fact they kicked him out of their club on two separate occasions.
Was a dog act. Murphy saw abloke he had played with for years, and probably became good mates with, ironed out in a callous, cruel and cowardly snipe! Perfectly understandable how he reacted. Says something about you Ealsey that you applaud the act and admonish Murphy's repsonse...or is this just another opportunity to slag off on Carlton and anyone/anything that ever had anything to do with them...

If Sir James had been ironed out like that I am tipping you would be calling for blood!!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Didn't say anything about whether the hit was fair or not. Wouldn't have cared less if Milburn had copped 10 weeks for it, or if he didn't get anything for it. I cannot remember if he got suspended or not, I believe he didn't cop anything which suggests that at the time it was deemed to be within the rules.

The fact is that it's a f****** team sport, if Murphy didn't like the hit then that's fine, but for team unity, you certainly don't make it obvious on the field that you think your team-mate has unfairly belted a bloke. If you don't like the hit, by all means tell the bloke off the field after the game in private, you don't act like an opposition player in response to the hit like Murphy did.

I wouldn't expect Adam McPhee to get all sooky and narky with a Freo teammate if they happened to line up and knock out Dustin Fletcher and if he did, I would think he was just as pathetic as I think Justin Murphy was in that situation.

I also wouldn't expect to see Brent Prismall acting in a similar way if an Essendon player knocked out a Geelong player.

Even if you don't agree with the team-mates actions you at least act indifferently to them while on the field. I'm not saying Justin Murphy had to run in a remonstrate with the Carlton players that would have probably been traying to remonstrate with Milburn. Just stay out of it completely.

Really nothing f****** to do at all with the incident involving a Carlton player and a former Carlton player, you just don't react to a teammate in the manner Murphy did on the field. The fact remains that the rest of the playing list backed Milburn, while the club f***** Justin Murphy off at the end of the season.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Haha....footage of him running to the bench and clapping at Carlton supporters who were abusing him was hilarious. He almost incited a riot!

Bets video ever.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:Even if you don't agree with the team-mates actions you at least act indifferently to them while on the field. I'm not saying Justin Murphy had to run in a remonstrate with the Carlton players that would have probably been traying to remonstrate with Milburn. Just stay out of it completely.
And ironically he had a massive punch on with whichever c*** went to Hawthorn when he was with us during the line in the sand brawl.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Milburn copped 3 weeks after pleading guilty to "charging".

To me, that hit was far worse than Michael Long's hit on Troy Simmonds in the 2000 GF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D772QjpqD7o

I think Long copped 4 weeks for that....
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
ealesy wrote:Even if you don't agree with the team-mates actions you at least act indifferently to them while on the field. I'm not saying Justin Murphy had to run in a remonstrate with the Carlton players that would have probably been traying to remonstrate with Milburn. Just stay out of it completely.
And ironically he had a massive punch on with whichever c*** went to Hawthorn when he was with us during the line in the sand brawl.
That would be Simon Beaumont, his former team mate at Carlton.
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Massive punch on is a massive exaggeration, I think Beaumont tapped him with his head (he copped a week for headbutting) and then they had a bit of a push and shove.

Ironically, Murphy & Beaumont and their missus's were meant to be going out to dinner that night, which promptly got cancelled.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

ealesy wrote:Massive punch on is a massive exaggeration, I think Beaumont tapped him with his head (he copped a week for headbutting) and then they had a bit of a push and shove.

Ironically, Murphy & Beaumont and their missus's were meant to be going out to dinner that night, which promptly got cancelled.
They were also both sitting next to each other at the game.
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

hahaha...fair dinkum? that's gold...any idea if they are still mates...as Ealsey said, it was hardly a punch on...more like a massage!
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

Wish he was an assistant coach at essendon next year.