Nathern Lovett-Murray

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Nathern Lovett-Murray

Post by watsongun »

When will he be delisted?
Choppy
Top Up Player

Re: Nathern Lovett-Murray

Post by Choppy »

Give me a break!!!!!!!

plenty worse than Disco Murray!...he is tough and plays with heart. Very use stopgap player...

I won't hear a bad word said about him
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Choppy wrote: plenty worse than Disco Murray!...he is tough and plays with heart. Very use stopgap player...
Start naming them...

i will give you one in Slattery
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Won't be going anywhere now... handy player to keep on the list even though he isnt liked by many on here. Can play a variety of positions and is a perfect player for the sub rule.

Another 1 or 2 yr deal coming up I reckon.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Won't be going anywhere now... handy player to keep on the list even though he isnt liked by many on here. Can play a variety of positions and is a perfect player for the sub rule.

Another 1 or 2 yr deal coming up I reckon.
If he, Davey, Dyson or Slattery are getting games in 2012 we're in trouble, but worse if any of them are still on the list in 2013 then we're in a worse state than any of us could imagine. I hate how people call NLM handy and versatile, if playing bad all over the ground is versatile I should start sending my resume to the other 17 clubs who might be in need of a "handy" or "versatile" player.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Who exactly are we bringing in for these for these delistings?

The most compromised draft in history and non-listed players have also been cherry picked.

NLM adds a big body which is what we need right now. Dyson Slattery can all play roles which makes them handy to have on the list.

Look I wouldn't have been sad to see these guys traded for something we could use, but unless something else happens in the next couple of hours I think they are better on our list than off it.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I'd prefer delist and fill the list with young guys, every year seems to be a weak draft, but then there's always a handful of late picks that turn into decent footballers. NLM, Davey, Dyson and Slattery we know aren't up to it, they're never going to be the kind of guys that will win us a finals game let alone a premiership. I'd much prefer cut the four, draft young players who are unknowns give them their two years if they bust then they offered as much as the other four and start the cycle again. We're not going to suddenly get more from four listed above, 18 year old kids can surprise you. I'd prefer take the risk even if it meant we ended up with 4 players that end up being worse than the four named, because unlike with the four above we then continue the cycle cut them and go again.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

There is never going to be another draft as compromised as this. We already have 2 of the three spots we need for draft picks this year.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

What difference is it to us having those four or four unknown 18 year olds with the potential. I'd prefer roll the dice and get four new players even if they end up being absolute spuds because it would mean there was a chance we got one player that was worthwhile. With the four named here none of them are worthwhile, none of the four would add any wins throughout the year so what's the point.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Gatsid wrote:What difference is it to us having those four or four unknown 18 year olds with the potential. I'd prefer roll the dice and get four new players even if they end up being absolute spuds because it would mean there was a chance we got one player that was worthwhile. With the four named here none of them are worthwhile, none of the four would add any wins throughout the year so what's the point.
Exactly, we could even try and find another like Crameri. Even if we were to find one player for the four mentioned, we would be well in front. NLM is shit. No other way to put it. Davey, no better. Dyson has always looked likely, and never delivered, time is up. Slattery should be arrested for impersonating a footballer.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robbie67 wrote:
Gatsid wrote:What difference is it to us having those four or four unknown 18 year olds with the potential. I'd prefer roll the dice and get four new players even if they end up being absolute spuds because it would mean there was a chance we got one player that was worthwhile. With the four named here none of them are worthwhile, none of the four would add any wins throughout the year so what's the point.
Exactly, we could even try and find another like Crameri. Even if we were to find one player for the four mentioned, we would be well in front. NLM is shit. No other way to put it. Davey, no better. Dyson has always looked likely, and never delivered, time is up. Slattery should be arrested for impersonating a footballer.
C'mon Rob...leave NLM alone...we all know you secretly admire him.

He will probably be your next choice in the Draft Game thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Only if Slattery is not available.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

NLM is soft as butter never rides a tackle or puts his head over the ball just coughs the pill up. Would rather an 18 year old he would so more.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

watsongun wrote:NLM is soft as butter never rides a tackle or puts his head over the ball just coughs the pill up. Would rather an 18 year old he would so more.
For all of his faults they are not any of them.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Sismis wrote:
watsongun wrote:NLM is soft as butter never rides a tackle or puts his head over the ball just coughs the pill up. Would rather an 18 year old he would so more.
Yes they are

He is about as tough as a 3 year old girl... Anyone who thinks any different doesnt understand toughness in any of its forms
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Sismis wrote:
Yes they are

He is about as tough as a 3 year old girl... Anyone who thinks any different doesnt understand toughness in any of its forms
Sorry but that is complete crap. He goes in hard and does not take a backwards step. He went toe to f****** with Hall for f**** sake.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

f*** me dead, for all his glaring faults I can't believe someone is taking potshots at NLM over the one aspect of his game that is actually decent, that been his hardness at both the ball and the man.

If NLM is soft, then we are well and truly f***** because the only blokes we have on the list that could be described as hard, or harder at the ball and man than him are Hurley, Crameri, Watson, Hocking and Pears.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

He is soft as butter
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

Looks like Tarzan plays like jane. Total spud
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

2-3 big hits each year is no reason to keep him on the list, and that's all he does

if he really wants to get considered tough then stick with your man and out muscle him to spoil a mark or something... and hit a pack with force when the game requires it
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals