Nathern Lovett-Murray

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Nathern Lovett-Murray

Post by robbie67 »

If being tough means letting your man get goal side of you at a ball up in the defensive 50, then NLM is Muhammed Ali.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Jazz and rob hit nails on head
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Gee, this is a boring thread.

How many NLM bashing threads are really needed.

We all get it....there are a number of you who don't like him just as there are a number of us who do.

Can we all just make a pact to leave this f****** topic alone.

We really do not ever need another NLM bashing thread.

If you feel the need to have a go at him, just bump one of the many existing threads.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

He played footy, was asked to try out at Essendon, they offered him a job, he did his best, they paid him stuff all, he contributed where he could, he never demanded for more and did his bit around the club and in the community.

Not a bad word to say about the guy - not a great footballer but a quality bloke who has done a lot for his club and people.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Windy_Hill wrote:He played footy, was asked to try out at Essendon, they offered him a job, he did his best, they paid him stuff all, he contributed where he could, he never demanded for more and did his bit around the club and in the community.

Not a bad word to say about the guy - not a great footballer but a quality bloke who has done a lot for his club and people.

Ding, ding, ding. Exactly how I feel about NLM, and Mark Bolton before them. You know that at least they are giving 100% effort everytime they take the field. I would take those two blokes over blokes who ooze natural talent but are complete f***sticks (eg Damien Cupdio) everyday of the week.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

bomberdonnie wrote:He is soft as butter
Carr boys mighty disagree.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

boncer34 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:He is soft as butter
Carr boys mighty disagree.
Whacking someone doesn't make you not soft.

FWIW, I don't think he is soft, I just think he is shit.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

his shit and soft something you don't need at an afl club.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

watsongun wrote:his shit and soft something you don't need at an afl club.
Your grammar and spelling is pathetic.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:He played footy, was asked to try out at Essendon, they offered him a job, he did his best, they paid him stuff all, he contributed where he could, he never demanded for more and did his bit around the club and in the community.

Ding, ding, ding. Exactly how I feel about NLM, and Mark Bolton before them. You know that at least they are giving 100% effort everytime they take the field. I would take those two blokes over blokes who ooze natural talent but are complete f***sticks (eg Damien Cupdio) everyday of the week.
Me too, but we don't have any of those talented knobs at the club right now, so good by NLM.

FWIW I think he's crap and while he's not soft - he always goes hard at the ball - occasionally belting someone doesn't make him "tough" either. His "toughness" is as over rated as Campbell Brown's.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Many don't rate him and few others on the list. However delisting them this year is just plain stupid.

1. Through attrition we have already have the 3 required spots for the draft this year.
2. This is the single worst draft in draft history, dependng on where we finish, our picks next year will be 10 - 15 spots better than this year.
3. If we delist next year, we will be swapping them for players in the top 60, this year they will all be swapped For players 77 +
4. We already have a crop of young players who will benefit from game time next year.

If you want to take a punt, fine. But at least shorten the f****** odds.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

gotta respect him for all of that for sure!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sismis wrote:Many don't rate him and few others on the list. However delisting them this year is just plain stupid.

1. Through attrition we have already have the 3 required spots for the draft this year.
2. This is the single worst draft in draft history, dependng on where we finish, our picks next year will be 10 - 15 spots better than this year.
3. If we delist next year, we will be swapping them for players in the top 60, this year they will all be swapped For players 77 +
4. We already have a crop of young players who will benefit from game time next year.

If you want to take a punt, fine. But at least shorten the f****** odds.
Agreed. There is no point in delisting anyone else this year. We retired 3 players, that's all that is need. Hell our 3rd round pick this year is something like 60-odd.

We need to delist 3 more next year, so it will make that decision easier as well.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

We have 4 picks in the draft don't we... one of which will be used to elevate Crameri.

I have a feeling we need to delist at least 1 more... Dyson or Long???
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I can't help but read this thread and remember all these sorts of threads and comments about Stants, before everyone in here became the Patron Saint of Loyalty and Fair Play.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

You technically has as may draft picks as there are spots open on your list.

At the moment we have three picks, created by the retirement of Williams, Welsh and Darcy Daniher.

Which means we have picks 19, 31 and something like 59.

We will use pick 59 to elevate Crameri, and then use pick 19 & 31 to draft kids.

We might delist one more if we want a PSD pick, would be one of Dyson or Slattery. Personally I would re-sign Dyson for one more year, and delist Slattery and pay him out his remaining year's contract.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Megan wrote:I can't help but read this thread and remember all these sorts of threads and comments about Stants, before everyone in here became the Patron Saint of Loyalty and Fair Play.
Please tell me you aren't comparing Stants and NLM?

I have bagged Stants as hard as anyone but at least he can play and has some sort of upside
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

These threads are precisely why i've got my signature.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:These threads are precisely why i've got my signature.
So you don't need to comment?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Megan wrote:I can't help but read this thread and remember all these sorts of threads and comments about Stants, before everyone in here became the Patron Saint of Loyalty and Fair Play.
It's funny, because the posts defending his ability remind me exactly of the ones that defended Henneman, Bolton, Lalich, Reynolds, Cupido, and just about every other under-acheiving dud we have had on the list in this wonderful period of mediocrity.