Gumby Finished???

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Re: Gumby Finished???

Post by ZeroEffect »

This must surley be the end for Gumbleton now. The odds of him coming back next year without another pre-season under his belt and performing well are almost zero. The only way he was ever going to get a senior game next year was if he had a massive pre-season, put on a lot of weight and honed his woeful skills. Most people seem to forget that Gumbleton is a really really bad player and without training I don't expect much will change for next year. When Hird was talking about Fev yesterday he mentioned how many forward options we already have, I don't think they are world beaters but those blokes are streets ahead of Gumbleton. We should of delisted him.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'd love to know what people would do if they bought a brand new top of the range Mercedes Benz in 2006 only to have it in the mechanics workshop for 4 of the next 5 years.

All you want to do is to get from A to B in luxury and you end up taking the f****** bus instead.

The car is now 5 years older and has f*** all k's on the clock. It's still in the mechanic's workshop having another overhaul on the engine with no real degree of certainty that the thing will run again. You have f*** all hope of selling it to anyone.

I think as a consumer you can go back to Mercedes Benz and say "give me back my money because this thing is a f****** lemon". You at least had cover under warranty over this unfortunate time and you can walk away financially intact, but worse off for the experience.

If only Gumby was a car......
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

H'ed be a Leyland P76.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

hop wrote:H'ed be a Leyland P76.
A Leyland P76 at the wreckers.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Licha has shown the way hasnt he - comes back from a career threatening back injury only to go down with a career threatening knee injury

f*** we have been cursed with injuries

T Watson, Salmon, Long, Wallis, Hird, Solomon, Lloyd, M Johnson, Bewick, Olarenshaw, Hills, Winderlich, Laycock, Dempsey, Daniher D, Long A, Pears, Prismall, Lonergan, Gumbleton, Lucas, Prior, Daniher N, and on and on and on it goes - players whose careers were severly curtailed by injury
We have had quite a few injuries over the years but I would dispute your point about careers being severely curtailed in the cases on Tim Watson (300+ games), Paul Salmon (300+ Games), Matthew Lloyd (270+ games) Scott Lucas (270+ games)

Neale Daniher was certainly one whose career suffered badly, Darcy - hard to say because he never really got on the park, Gumby...there's still time for a good career.

Sorry , meant to say severly cutailed or interupted. Salmon lost a season and a GF place in his prime and probabl would have kicked 100 goals in a season in 84.

Lucas missed most of 1999 with a broken leg and then a large chunk of 2008 (or whatever year he did his knee) - we may well have won the GF in 1999 had he not been injured

Lloyd - more than a season and a half with finger and hamsrting - his hamstring injury absolutely killed his career prematurely.

Watson missed almost a season and a half with his knee and in the end never played again after a mid season ankle injury in 1994.

Hird would have played 300 games and won a second Brownlow had it not been for injury.

These are not insignificant players . . .although I take your point, these players all went on to play lenghty careers - however, the timing of their injuries, often when they were at the peak of their powers, is cruel to say the least