Sheeds on SEN this morning

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Sheeds on SEN this morning

Post by Doctor Fish »

Sounded pretty chuffed. Very happy with our drafting. Reckoned picking Jetta up at 18 was a steal. They had him going at around 8-9. Compared young Davey to Barry Cable as far as his style of play goes. Said Michael will play at full back whilst Fletch can go up the ground, even hinted he could have a run up forward if need be. Expects Gumby to play round 1. KB asked if he had the desire to compete with the younger coaches coming through. His reply was to look at the NRL this year. The oldest coach in the league took home the bacon (Typical Sheeds answer eh..). Said for the supporters to get ready for a totally different team performance next year.

All in all, a very happy old bugger... :wink:
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

you can't complain too much about the trading this season

pick 2 was always going to be good for us...a shame the rule change came in this year (It always was) and we didnt get pick 4 too.

Jetta and Davey are pacy types. very handy to us.

dont know too much about the other draftees

Michael is a steal. At FB he will give us good cover of bradshaw/fevola types who usually give us hassle, and a loose Fletcher in the backline may take us back to the early 2000 days of 00/01 where a rebounding ball usually made it to the forward line. sorta like the wellman, fletch, DJ days
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Wow, Gumby to play R1! I'll pen that one in the diary right now. Good times.
and a loose Fletcher in the backline may take us back to the early 2000 days of 00/01 where a rebounding ball usually made it to the forward line. sorta like the wellman, fletch, DJ days
How i long for those days! I don't think too many people really understood how great Wellman was at performing that rebounding role out of defence for our team - he was just outstanding. Once Hardwick left and Wellman retired, we tried to replace Wellman and Hardwick with Solomon and Welsh, and our defence isn't a stain on the underpants of the old defence since then.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Wow, Gumby to play R1! I'll pen that one in the diary right now. Good times.
and as if you weren't going to be watching it anyway!

AAMI stadium will be a good acid test for a newer invigorated young team(with the addition of a couple of old heads in Michael and Lloyd).

I look forward to it!
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

just pray for no freakin injuries.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Bowzer - you are so right.

We have recruitd wonderfully well (from all accounts) howver it will account for nothing if we have another Barry Crocker with injuries.

The only decent Collingwood is the one making runs for the soap-dodgers.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Wow, Gumby to play R1! I'll pen that one in the diary right now. Good times.
and as if you weren't going to be watching it anyway!

AAMI stadium will be a good acid test for a newer invigorated young team(with the addition of a couple of old heads in Michael and Lloyd).

I look forward to it!
Yes, unfortunately in the past we have sent young teams over to Adelaide with quite disasterous results. I just hope those young one's who went there this season won't be mentally scarred by the humiliating experience. I hope we've spent a bit of dough in the sports psychology department because we're gonna need it.