Anyone for a quiz?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

chris johnson
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Robert Harvey
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

84859300 wrote:Robert Harvey

Not Robert Harvey, and not Chris Johnson. Might need to think outside the box on this one
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Matthew Lappin?
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

BenDoolan wrote:Matthew Lappin?

Nup. Time for another clue I guess...the grand finals I have played a part in have been in the last 10 years. Barring injury or poor form, I'm still out there every week.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Barry hall?

I am totally stumped on this one.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Guys, i reckon it ain't a player....it's an umpire, and i'm thinking Scott McClaren.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Guys, i reckon it ain't a player....it's an umpire, and i'm thinking Scott McClaren.
I think your right. He never said he was a football player.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

JimmyC gets the chocolates, nice work.

Fire away champ
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Good get Jimmy.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hang about, did this clown play District Cricket? Wish he'd stick to it.......

......and you ought to be banned for making him a quiz question swooper!!!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

That was....a good one, I guess.
swooper
Top Up Player

Post by swooper »

BenDoolan wrote:Hang about, did this clown play District Cricket? Wish he'd stick to it.......

Well there'd been so many revered figures as the quiz question, thought it might be time to throw in a reviled figure :wink:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Geez, two in a row - someone grab the fire extinguisher!

OK. In the 1992 Granny (Eagles v Cats), at the city end of the ground behind the goals (presumably near the Eagles' cheersquad) was an amusing banner draped over the fence. This banner, only 2 words in length and written on a white bed sheet, made fun of a particular Geelong player playing that day.

So, which player did the banner target, and what were the two words written on the banner?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swooper wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Hang about, did this clown play District Cricket? Wish he'd stick to it.......

Well there'd been so many revered figures as the quiz question, thought it might be time to throw in a reviled figure :wink:
It was a beauty in all honesty....and good clues too!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Geez, two in a row - someone grab the fire extinguisher!

OK. In the 1992 Granny (Eagles v Cats), at the city end of the ground behind the goals (presumably near the Eagles' cheersquad) was an amusing banner draped over the fence. This banner, only 2 words in length and written on a white bed sheet, made fun of a particular Geelong player playing that day.

So, which player did the banner target, and what were the two words written on the banner?
HA!

Do you also want to know whether the person had freckles or not? :wink:

I'm sort of debating between Billy Brownless or Paul Couch. Cannot remember the banner or what it said but I'd imagine it would have gone something like "Billy Brainless" or "Couch Potato"..........I'll go with "Billy Brainless".

Don't tell me this came out your trivia night as well!!??
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:

HA!

I'm sort of debating between Billy Brownless or Paul Couch. Cannot remember the banner or what it said but I'd imagine it would have gone something like "Billy Brainless" or "Couch Potato"..........I'll go with "Billy Brainless".

Geez, that didn't last long - 'Billy Brainless' is correct! I remember having a good chuckle at that when I was 7. Over to you, BD.

And no, that one didn't come out of a trivia night. I actually have surprisingly vivid memories of the '92 grand final considering I was only 7 years old and i've only seen the match once - I think it's because I was actually living in Perth at the time, and it was the first Granny I really took notice of. Still remember Peter 'filthy' Wilson's snap goal directly back over his head to seal the game in the 4th, Peter Matera's 'sets sail for home' for goal etc. That was a great match, when I reckon the game itself was at it’s peak between 1990 and 1996 - it's been going downhill since then.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

HA!

Geez, that didn't last long - 'Billy Brainless' is correct! I remember having a good chuckle at that when I was 7. Over to you, BD.

And no, that one didn't come out of a trivia night. I actually have surprisingly vivid memories of the '92 grand final considering I was only 7 years old and i've only seen the match once - I think it's because I was actually living in Perth at the time, and it was the first Granny I really took notice of. Still remember Peter 'filthy' Wilson's snap goal directly back over his head to seal the game in the 4th, Peter Matera's 'sets sail for home' for goal etc. That was a great match, when I reckon the game itself was at it’s peak between 1990 and 1996 - it's been going downhill since then.
Gee that was a fluke!

That Peter Wilson goal was the famous call by Cometti "Like a cork in the ocean". Great stuff!!

I'll post the next question soon.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to post it this evening. I'm gonna be away for most of the day. Cheers.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Maybe someone else can post a question just now and you can ask yours tonight anyway BD.