2012 will be most like what past season and why?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2012 will be most like what past season and why?

Post by Windy_Hill »

bomberdonnie wrote:1974

1974 was my second choice...... :wink:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

filthy2 wrote:98-99'ish.
I would take a '98 type season, we were competitive in every game and our biggest loss was only 24 points. As for '99 f*** no.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

robrulz5 wrote:
I would take a '98 type season, we were competitive in every game and our biggest loss was only 24 points. As for '99 f*** no.
98 was a breakthrough season for us, I think about it frequently and I'm really glad someone has mentioned it. We where never in the hunt for a flag but played consistently good footy week in week out. If we can play anything like we did that year I would be wrapped (probably helped that we unearthed a couple of talents by the names of Lucas and Lloyd that year).
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
98 was a breakthrough season for us, I think about it frequently and I'm really glad someone has mentioned it. We where never in the hunt for a flag but played consistently good footy week in week out. If we can play anything like we did that year I would be wrapped (probably helped that we unearthed a couple of talents by the names of Lucas and Lloyd that year).

I expect Hurley will make much the same mark on the comp as Lloyd and Lucas did in 98
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Windy_Hill wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:

I expect Hurley will make much the same mark on the comp as Lloyd and Lucas did in 98
He'd have to kick about 120 goals!