EFC news revealed: Evans

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

EFC news revealed: Evans

Post by Jazz_84 »

On the eve of his third year as Bombers chairman, Evans revealed:

ASSISTANT coach Mark "Bomber" Thompson was committed to the club beyond this season.

A SMALL group of wealthy supporters had contributed $4 million towards the club's Melbourne Airport relocation.

FUNDING for the $25 million "Flight Plan" project remained several millions of dollars short.

THE club's preferred model was six home games at the MCG and five at Etihad Stadium, compared to three and eight this year.

ST KILDA'S plan to stage an Anzac Day clash in New Zealand would not be opposed.

GAMBLING was not an issue for any Essendon player.

HE had not spoken to former coach Matthew Knights since Knights was sacked in 2010.

"When something happens like that it's obviously difficult ... and I'm keen to meet with him in the future if that's possible," Evans said of Knights.

"I wrote to him to congratulate him on his Hall of Fame membership at Richmond."

Essendon identities Jack Jones, Joe Misiti, Paul Salmon, Graham Moss and Hugh Mitchell will be inducted into the Bombers' Hall of Fame tonight.
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: EFC news revealed: Evans

Post by Ossie »

Jazz_84 wrote:A SMALL group of wealthy supporters had contributed $4 million towards the club's Melbourne Airport relocation.

FUNDING for the $25 million "Flight Plan" project remained several millions of dollars short.
How can these things reconcile? The club wanted $5m from supporters, right? If a group has contribued $4m, how are we 'several million' short?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah that seemed weird to me aswell but I reckon they just saw a chance to once again plead with everyone to donate when in reality it actually means they are still several million behind due to the government or AFL havn't put their share in as yet...

im 100% sure this will go ahead with no debt
Kakadu Kangaroos
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Ossie wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:A SMALL group of wealthy supporters had contributed $4 million towards the club's Melbourne Airport relocation.

How can these things reconcile? The club wanted $5m from supporters, right? If a group has contribued $4m, how are we 'several million' short?
They didn't say they were short due to the $5 million from fans. They said they were short the overall $25 million.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Don't know why the club doesn't come up with the idea (similar to that outisde Windy Hill) of selling pavers or bricks for the new facility i.e $500 a paver or brick to have you or your family's name with a Bombers message on it. They'd sell in no time, and they'd make a fair bit of mullah.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BenDoolan wrote:Don't know why the club doesn't come up with the idea (similar to that outisde Windy Hill) of selling pavers or bricks for the new facility i.e $500 a paver or brick to have you or your family's name with a Bombers message on it. They'd sell in no time, and they'd make a fair bit of mullah.
they are replicating the pavers at the new facility, also everyone that donates to the flight plan gets there name on a brick on the building, i think that'll be enough names around the place
Kakadu Kangaroos
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Don't know why the club doesn't come up with the idea (similar to that outisde Windy Hill) of selling pavers or bricks for the new facility i.e $500 a paver or brick to have you or your family's name with a Bombers message on it. They'd sell in no time, and they'd make a fair bit of mullah.
they are replicating the pavers at the new facility, also everyone that donates to the flight plan gets there name on a brick on the building, i think that'll be enough names around the place
Well there you go eh. f***, I better look to see where you can purchase one....
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
THE club's preferred model was six home games at the MCG and five at Etihad Stadium, compared to three and eight this year.
It's 4 at the MCG and 7 at Etihad like always this year. I would love 6 at the MCG.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Incidentally that shit video that was mentioned about Hirdy pleading for more members was put up on EFC's Facebook page today.
They must really actually be desperate as they've been on there all day answering all of the flaming and trolling they're getting.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BomberinJapan wrote: They must really actually be desperate as they've been on there all day answering all of the flaming and trolling they're getting.

I don't do facebook....but what's the flaming about?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BomberinJapan wrote:Incidentally that shit video that was mentioned about Hirdy pleading for more members was put up on EFC's Facebook page today.
They must really actually be desperate as they've been on there all day answering all of the flaming and trolling they're getting.
Congrats, that was you 2000th post. I hereby recognise your achievement.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:Incidentally that shit video that was mentioned about Hirdy pleading for more members was put up on EFC's Facebook page today.
Congrats, that was you 2000th post. I hereby recognise your achievement.
Yep Gratz BiJ - anything with 2000 brings a tear to my eye (other than the Sydney CBD) for obvious reasons
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

haha thanks guys.
If you enjoyed seeing post 2000 come around, then sadly I have to tell you that this is post 2001 ;p

It looked like an awful lot of the comments related to requiring a reserved seat, cost of membership overall, a few re general shitness of the video quality.
All of the concerns about membership were being responded to, which is kind of a credit to them, but surprising.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BomberinJapan wrote:haha thanks guys.
If you enjoyed seeing post 2000 come around, then sadly I have to tell you that this is post 2001 ;p

It looked like an awful lot of the comments related to requiring a reserved seat, cost of membership overall, a few re general shitness of the video quality.
All of the concerns about membership were being responded to, which is kind of a credit to them, but surprising.
Yeah I had a chuckle at a few of the things on there.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BomberinJapan wrote: All of the concerns about membership were being responded to, which is kind of a credit to them, but surprising.
What were their answers to the "must have reserved seat" bullsh!te?
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

The clubs f***** up every year since 2007.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
It's 4 at the MCG and 7 at Etihad like always this year. I would love 6 at the MCG.
at least it's obvious now that we want to get back to the MCG, no matter how terrific the deal is with Etihad
Kakadu Kangaroos
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

F111 wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote: All of the concerns about membership were being responded to, which is kind of a credit to them, but surprising.
That there are options without reserved seats. Bronze 11 game membership etc I think...also promoting 3 game memberships here and there.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BomberinJapan wrote:
F111 wrote:
That there are options without reserved seats. Bronze 11 game membership etc I think...also promoting 3 game memberships here and there.
No...that's the package that I have had for the last 14 years and now it includes mandatory reserved seating.

Apart from the 3 game membership, I think the only other option is the Beyond the Boundary which does not get you into games at all.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BomberinJapan wrote:
F111 wrote:
Yeah nah they just kept banging on about 3 game not requiring a seat.

Seriously though nobody else has clued on why it happened?