2012 Crystal Ball Predictions

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: 2012 Crystal Ball Predictions

Post by Ossie »

Premier - Hawthorn (I f****** hope not)
Runner Up - Carlton (I f****** hope not)
Wooden Spoon - GWS by some distance
Essendon will win How Many Games and will Finish - 12 - 8th again
Coleman Medalist - Franklin
Brownlow Medalist - Jobe Watson
Chrichton Medalist - Watson or Hurley
Biggest Slider - St Kilda
Biggest Improver - North Melb
How Many Games will Gumby Play - About three games comprising a half each time, in the ressies, before he crumbles like a man made of matchsticks.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

if it came down to either Collingwood/Carlton or Hawks i would take the Dawks every day of the week!

C'mon Geeeeeelong
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

little_ripper wrote:hate on the coaching staff. not the players.

for example if you don't like the best 22 by virtue of another guy missing out, or you think there are list cloggers, thats not the players fault its the list manager and coaching staffs problem.

IMO you need to back the players 110%

the coaching staff reckon gumby is still worth it.
so if hird and bomber believe that, then thats good enough for me.
They would say that now... but did they believe it during trade week last year?? Will they believe it when his contract expires at the end of this year?? The current coaching staff inherited Gumbleton, can't hate the coaching staff. Besides, all hail Jimmy. How can we hate him?

Six years into his career and what has he done? Nothing! The fact is Gumbleton is a sub - standard player who is massively injury prone. His basic kicking and to a lesser extent marking ability also have to be questioned. I don't know how anyone at AFL level can lean back and drop the ball above waste height like he does. From what we have seen he doesn't have the ability to compete successfully at the elite level. I can't understand why people like you have such blind faith just because he was pick 2 in the draft. It mean's shit.

Choking on my own vomit just ain't gonna happen. Gumblton's a spaz.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gimps wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Premier - Geelong (only because I don't want to put Hawthorn or Collingwood)
Runner Up -Hawthorn
Wooden Spoon - GWS
Essendon will win How Many Games and will Finish - 13/6th (according to the ladder predictor, guess who I had 7th? :twisted: )
Coleman Medalist - Franklin
Brownlow Medalist - Sam Mitchell
Chrichton Medalist - Paddy Ryder
Biggest Slider - West Coast
Biggest Improver - Fremantle
Oi! What about Gumby??

haha hahahahahahahaha
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

hahahahahahahahahaha
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

little_ripper wrote:screw you gumby haters.

the guy is going to still be a star :D

shits me absolutely to tears when supporters eat their own, i hope you all choke on your own vomit.
No hate from me but he has managed only a handful of games in five years.

I would prefer to suggest that I am taking a realistic and pragmatic position when I say that I don't think he will play a game this year....his history shows that is quite a realistic expectation.

Also, Carlisle has shown more in his few games than Gumby in his 20+ games and I would much prefer Carlisle selected at CHF rather than Gumby if both were fit for round 1.

That's not a knock on Gumby...it's a wrap on Carlisle who I rate higher.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:
gringo wrote:
Gimps wrote:

shits me absolutely to tears when supporters eat their own, i hope you all choke on your own vomit.
I'll choke on my own vomit when he does something.. I feel for the bloke, I've had similar injuries - but he's had way too many chances..
Yes, but Gumby is a professional footballer, so his injuries actually have a meaningful impact on his ability to perform his job.

Obviously, maybe that's why I said he's had too many chances douchebag.
But you say "I feel for the bloke, I've had similar injuries" as if your situation and his situation are comparable. What an absurd proposition that is.

It's like you breaking your finger and a concernt pianist breaking their finger, and you saying to the concert pianist;"I feel for you, I've got a broken finger too." Meanwhile, the pianist is deprived of the opportunity to do his job, whilst you are deprived of the opportunity to write utter garbage on Bombertalk as quickly as you may have done but for the broken finger.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I feel for the bloke as I have had similar injuries - therefore, I know how much pain is involved and how it can have an affect on day-to-day activities. Therefore, I understand why it would be so hard for him to perform his job. In no way am I comparing my life/job to his dickhead.

Pretty simple to understand. Stop TRYING to be funny/ smart, you just sound like a pure-bred farkwit.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:I feel for the bloke as I have had similar injuries - therefore, I know how much pain is involved and how it can have an affect on day-to-day activities. Therefore, I understand why it would be so hard for him to perform his job. In no way am I comparing my life/job to his dickhead.

Pretty simple to understand. Stop TRYING to be funny/ smart, you just sound like a pure-bred farkwit.
I'm quite enjoying myself. If you will allow me to indulge for just a minute longer; it's like Lindsay Fox, having double parked his Maybach on Toorak Rd and getting a parking fine, putting his arm around the shoulders of Nelson Mandela and saying "I, too, have been unfairly delt with by the powers that be. I know how you feel."
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

gringo wrote:
Gimps wrote:I feel for the bloke as I have had similar injuries - therefore, I know how much pain is involved and how it can have an affect on day-to-day activities. Therefore, I understand why it would be so hard for him to perform his job. In no way am I comparing my life/job to his dickhead.

I'm quite enjoying myself. If you will allow me to indulge for just a minute longer; it's like Lindsay Fox, having double parked his Maybach on Toorak Rd and getting a parking fine, putting his arm around the shoulders of Nelson Mandela and saying "I, too, have been unfairly delt with by the powers that be. I know how you feel."
Yeah, and it would be like you and John Wayne Bobbit. You lost your manhood at the hands of a woman too.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:
gringo wrote:

Yeah, and it would be like you and John Wayne Bobbit. You lost your manhood at the hands of a woman too.
...or even like a five year old kid who has missed out on a free hotdog because he missed a putt on the 18th hole at Fairy's Mini-Golf, dropping an arm around Greg Norman's shoulders and saying "I know how you feel Greg. It can be a cruel caper this golfing business." I could go on all day...and probably will.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

gringo wrote:

:lol: Gold.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I might add a final ladder to my post just so I have record of what I thought at this time of year.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

It is simply a bridge too far for Gumby. It's not impossible but it is in the same ballpark.

1. He has to get over his injury.
2. He has had yet another interupted preseason
3. It is not simply getting consistant games (which would be hard enough) he has to stake a claim to a key position spot which ATM he is well behind 2-3 others.
4. Next year we pick up what should be yet another quality tall.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

But who hates him? I've just given up on the bloke.

It aint his fault he snaps a hamstring whilst sneezing.

A few of us are (and I'll speak for myself) tired of waiting for something to happen. It's been a bad investment. f****** horrid in fact.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gumby DOES NOT have a spot in our team anymore.... how does he fit in? the ONLY way i see it working IF he overcomes his injury is that Hooker doesn't develop and we send Hurley down back

sorry mate the EFC has filled the hole you left with quality

has the right to fight of course but it's a bridge to far
Kakadu Kangaroos
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

RE Gumby

Speculation central.

I guess I am relying on the judgement of those closer to the club and to the player himself when they say he has an important future in this team. Otherwise, why wouldnt he have gone the way of other players who have been delisted simply coz their bodies cannot stand up to the rigour of the game. Surely this is his last chance this year, but 5 or more games, uninjured with some signs of potential will get him another contract - otherwise why drag him along this far?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:Gumby DOES NOT have a spot in our team anymore.... how does he fit in? the ONLY way i see it working IF he overcomes his injury is that Hooker doesn't develop and we send Hurley down back
Or Carlisle back.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

j-mac31 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Gumby DOES NOT have a spot in our team anymore.... how does he fit in? the ONLY way i see it working IF he overcomes his injury is that Hooker doesn't develop and we send Hurley down back
Or Carlisle back.
well there you go the door is squeezed closed even more, with Carlisle getting game time and developing while Gumby can't
Kakadu Kangaroos
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Premier - Geelong
Runner Up -Hawthorn
Wooden Spoon - GWS