Carlile and Pears

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Carlile and Pears

Post by DC2 »

A lot of people around here seem to rate this guy and prefer him over Hooker. I have watched most of the senior games he has played and I dont see much. Not trying to be critical, just honest. Hooker is clearly the superior the player and seems to be getting better.

I dont really see much of a future for Carlile.

Also is Pears done? Does anyone think he can get back to the promising young defender he was before that horrid run of injuries?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Carlile and Pears

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Seriously... Carlisle and Pears don't have futures at the EFC????

What will they think of next... :P
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Didnt say Pears.

But Carlile I think for sure doesnt.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Carslile would be one of the best marks at the club, can play forward or back is only just in to the start of his 3rd season.

Not every KP player is a Hurley who can have a massive impact from the moment they make it to the club.

Personally thought Carslile was pretty good for us in the 2nd half, missed one goal he should have kicked, but he will develop in to a ver good key position player for us.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Carlisle has now played 6-7 senior games of AFL and is still very much finding his feet at this level. He is only 20 years old. What do you expect from him at this stage?

Pears though is something of a concern...he appears hesitant and struggles to make a decision. But, he is coming back from a horror stretch of injuries and hopefully will return to the form of a few years ago.

As for Hooker, I'm one of his fans, and at present he is clearly the best of the three.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Carlisle will be a star. ATM he is still very green and learning his trade.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Prefer him on our list than f****** Gumbleton.
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Nervous about Pears. Looks very rusty and is a long way off it. Guess you just have to hope he gradually improves and shakes the timidity and indecisiveness.

Carlisle is an outstanding mark, an ok kick, and a bit slow both by foot and in decision making. I think we can mould him into a player, but i am not sure if it's in defence - his marking ability isn't as well utilised in defence and his lack of speed will be more exposed.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Just need to look back at the Sydney game last year to see what we hope Carlisle will be like consistently. Had a great duel all night with Reid and was a bit like Van Der Haar and Knights with not one of them willing to spoil.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

In his first year, Pears look like the natural ascendant to Fletch's job. He was cool under fire, tough and seemed to have natural smarts for the backline.

He is coming back after a horror stretch and this will take time. He will not have lost those talents we saw in the first year, but it will take time for them to re surface.

Carlisle will be a gun. FMD he has only played for 5 minutes!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Carlisle I think the jury is still out on - too early to tell yet.

Pears really worries me. Every week so far this year he has looked hesitant and been frequently beaten in one on ones.
Every week we keep saying he just needs time to rediscover his mojo.
But how many weeks is it going to take? I am starting to lose patience/faith a bit.
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

Carlisle is predominantly a CHF who can play back too, if necessary. He has played all of 13 games, mostly at CHF (about the most difficult position of all). Let's wait until he has bulked up a bit more and played 50 or so games before judging him. He definitely isn't better than Hooker at CHB at this stage: he doesn't have the strength, the stamina or the extra 40 games experience.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Carlile

Carslile

Carlisle
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Pears is struggling, seems lost in 1 on 1s. But watching the 09 ANZAC game where he was in full flight, he is definitely worth persevering with.

Carlisle is doing enough,bat this stage, he has tht awesome one touch grab and I don't he is far off kicking a bag.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

tayte will be fine and he is only 22.
who was his direct opponent on wednesday? was dawes wasn't it? Dawes didn't kick a goal. (although dawes is not in good form himself).
carlisle? still raw. reckon he plays better in defense than forward. jake is just 20 years old.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bombercol wrote:Carlisle will be a star. ATM he is still very green and learning his trade.

He reminds me so much of a young Terry Daniher. Not super silky but an honest, hard working fair dinkum little beauty
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Case Closed

Next Please
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:Carslile would be one of the best marks at the club, can play forward or back is only just in to the start of his 3rd season.

Not every KP player is a Hurley who can have a massive impact from the moment they make it to the club.
This.

So far, I'm happy with what he's done.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

I rate Pears and Hooker, both are hard working honest defenders. Carlisle though, I think he has that X factor about him. Potentially he could be anything. At the moment he's a bit's and pieces player who going into a game doesn't know whether he's playing forward or back. For Bendigo he has torn a couple of sides apart from CHB but for Essendon he's used as a utility who has probably played more forward. I don't know how much this is effecting his game but I think if he gets a run at one position for a while he will shine.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

ZeroEffect wrote:I rate Pears and Hooker, both are hard working honest defenders. Carlisle though, I think he has that X factor about him. Potentially he could be anything. At the moment he's a bit's and pieces player who going into a game doesn't know whether he's playing forward or back. For Bendigo he has torn a couple of sides apart from CHB but for Essendon he's used as a utility who has probably played more forward. I don't know how much this is effecting his game but I think if he gets a run at one position for a while he will shine.
I like him, and hope he can stay injury free as he builds his body to take on Cloke, Dawes or a Brown style player. I'm unsure if his mobility is quite there yet, and his strength in a 1 on 1 is doubtful against a power CHF. He's a work in progress and has a long way to go and much to learn. So far, so good.