Bombertalk - is the end nigh?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Bombertalk - is the end nigh?

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote:And a warm welcome to Itsmyshow (IMS from this day forward if thats ok)
He's going to hate you.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

Lol.. IMS is fine, don't listen to bounce... :lol:
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Itsmyshow wrote:Lol.. IMS is fine, don't listen to bounce... :lol:
And I shall call you PMS..
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

Gimps wrote:
This I am not so comfortable with [-X
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Itsmyshow wrote:
Gimps wrote:
I might just save it until you say something stupid.. shouldn't be long then :wink:
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

Gimps wrote:
Itsmyshow wrote:
Gimps wrote:
I might just save it until you say something stupid.. shouldn't be long then :wink:
I give it 15-20 minutes then :D
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Gimps wrote:
Megan wrote:Bonce, don't go getting shy now.

I dont know if I wanna break in any noobs. I just want a few older posters back ;)
Bluey, the Bishop?
Bluey was light entertainment.

Bishop - now you're talking - come back ol' pious one!!!!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

hop wrote:
Gimps wrote:
Megan wrote:Bonce, don't go getting shy now.

I dont know if I wanna break in any noobs. I just want a few older posters back ;)
Bluey, the Bishop?
Bluey was light entertainment.

Bishop - now you're talking - come back ol' pious one!!!!!!
Essendon4Eva? hahaha
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Hmmph

Is the end of BT neigh ... possibly

But it just reflects the fact that AFL has become a mega professional mega boring endeavour ... we just dont have as much to bitch about

No more:
* Sheedyisms
* Crap players taken at bargain basement prices (Zantuck Cole etc etc) that we can get fired up about
* Crap players that are the coaches love child (OK Myers might be favoured over some others - but he's no Henno, Reynolds or Allan)
* Untried players who will be the saviour of the club (Lee is no JC)
* Rough around the edges players who stir the passions (Christ - when our most out there player is Reimers - Vander, Rotten Ronnie and Billy D must be laughing)
* BS and deception coming from the Admin and Coaching staff (well if there is its really minor and covered by the "we are gonna be conservative" line)...

In short we are acknowledging that the club is (1) full of boring professionals who seem to behave and deport themselves well in public (2) the players have discovered endeavour and effort and are learning (3) the list while not GF status is mainly stocked of players who range from competent to very good (but not star status yet ... except Fletch) (4) the club is moving from the mistakes of the past and building towards being a strong presence (including list management) and (5) the club is being coached and administered competently...

Well if that doesn't stir the loins ... what the hell does... *sigh* I must be of that age...

So sorry if I don't come on here on a weekly/daily/hourly basis and bash particular players and talk up others as being the solution ... IMO the club is being more honest about our deficiencies and strengths - so I just accept that we have a few list cloggers and that this will be sorted over the next couple of years... It just is what it is...

Also ... in terms of BB being superior to BT --- IMHO the only advantage that that forum has over this one is Saladin's Bendigo stuff and the infrequent foray by Koala ... the rest (IMO) is self centred whitebread (and sometimes brownbread) drivel
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

The Bishop would be good...I might be able to find some information on the Bishop...he was a good poster and used to stir things up in ere

You know what I reckon we need....Filthy back! I know you would still be reading the forum mate...I reckon you were the heart and soul of the place and we need you back. PM if you want to hear my mail on the Bishop...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

s'dreams wrote:Hmmph

Is the end of BT neigh ... possibly

But it just reflects the fact that AFL has become a mega professional mega boring endeavour ... we just dont have as much to bitch about

No more:
* Sheedyisms
* Crap players taken at bargain basement prices (Zantuck Cole etc etc) that we can get fired up about
* Crap players that are the coaches love child (OK Myers might be favoured over some others - but he's no Henno, Reynolds or Allan)
* Untried players who will be the saviour of the club (Lee is no JC)
* Rough around the edges players who stir the passions (Christ - when our most out there player is Reimers - Vander, Rotten Ronnie and Billy D must be laughing)
* BS and deception coming from the Admin and Coaching staff (well if there is its really minor and covered by the "we are gonna be conservative" line)...

In short we are acknowledging that the club is (1) full of boring professionals who seem to behave and deport themselves well in public (2) the players have discovered endeavour and effort and are learning (3) the list while not GF status is mainly stocked of players who range from competent to very good (but not star status yet ... except Fletch) (4) the club is moving from the mistakes of the past and building towards being a strong presence (including list management) and (5) the club is being coached and administered competently...

Well if that doesn't stir the loins ... what the hell does... *sigh* I must be of that age...

So sorry if I don't come on here on a weekly/daily/hourly basis and bash particular players and talk up others as being the solution ... IMO the club is being more honest about our deficiencies and strengths - so I just accept that we have a few list cloggers and that this will be sorted over the next couple of years... It just is what it is...

Also ... in terms of BB being superior to BT --- IMHO the only advantage that that forum has over this one is Saladin's Bendigo stuff and the infrequent foray by Koala ... the rest (IMO) is self centred whitebread (and sometimes brownbread) drivel

With a post like this full of opinions like these - you should be dropping us a line every day
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

You can't possibly envoke the coaches lovechildren without mentioning Courtney Johns????

And Bluey got the hits, that's for sure. Even if they weren't the sort of hits I would've been preferring he was dealt with ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Megan wrote:You can't possibly envoke the coaches lovechildren without mentioning Courtney Johns????

And Bluey got the hits, that's for sure. Even if they weren't the sort of hits I would've been preferring he was dealt with ;)
How is this not abuse?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

robbie67 wrote:
Megan wrote:You can't possibly envoke the coaches lovechildren without mentioning Courtney Johns????

How is this not abuse?
Because what Megan is talking about is between consenting adults? :oops:
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Trust me, there would be no consenting involved ;)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rather than chasing up new people, is there a way we can just send a reminder PM to those people on the list who rarely/never post?

We might get a few come back that way.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Probably not as we don't require verification, therefore many, many, MANY email address' read something like...

me@mycock.com.

You'd be surprised how many of these DON'T exist... :roll:
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Lets just play it by ear. I'd hate for this forum to die. Its a good place to vent ones spleen whether that be footy talk wise or political.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Bombertalk - The end is nigh?
Only if we let it happen.
We are Essendon
Get on Board and stand as one... :idea:
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I think the fact that there are 60 replies in this thread speaks for itself.

We should definitely be welcoming towards newcomers and a bit forgiving of their first few posts where need be though . Also absolutely no harm in encouraging others to visit here if the chance arises.