Davey

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Re: Davey

Post by Itsmyshow »

Al is playing some great footy and it is good to see, I think the reality of how well the Jett is going has hit home and Al knows what he needs to do to stay in the side now, well that's what I hope for anyways, having both in the forward line is a good thing for the side.
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

His confidence is growing every week. If him and Jetta can keep the pressure thay are causing in our forward 50 it's a massive bonus.

Robbie said to look at him after 4 games. He has improved in each of those games.

Hopefully he keeps getting better as you can see the damage that Betts and Garlett can cause at the scum. Jetta and Davey can do that with us and our tall forwards are better than theres. Gives us a pretty good forward line if we can keep them on the park.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

another 3 goals and must be the hottest small forward in the comp at the moment.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Officially back. Still not crumbing well -all- the time, but absolutely doing it an awful lot more.
I think teams got used to Davey and Jetta's speed. What they're not used to is both of them appearing together at 100 mile an hour....worked well together tonight.

If he was an opposition player I'd hate how he pretends to be dead every time he gets a bit of a knock :)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

The form of him and Dyson, has been the icing on the cake the last month.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robbie67 wrote:The form of him and Dyson, has been the icing on the cake the last month.
Dyson signed himself another contract tonight
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Dyson's kicking was phenomenal tonight. He has finally cemented his spot. We need his beautiful delivery into the forward line.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BomberinJapan wrote:Officially back. Still not crumbing well -all- the time, but absolutely doing it an awful lot more.
I think teams got used to Davey and Jetta's speed. What they're not used to is both of them appearing together at 100 mile an hour....worked well together tonight.

If he was an opposition player I'd hate how he pretends to be dead every time he gets a bit of a knock :)
The knock he got from Glass was a full on knock to the head...no wonder he went down.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Davey is contributing nicely - and consistently! Good on him. Maybe he is getting his zing back at last.

As for Dyson. Wow. He's improved outta sight. We haven't missed Hibberd as bad as I thought we would. Dyson has done a terrific job there imo. In fact, I think I like Dyson a hell of a lot better than Myers in a defensive role.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

How ****** good has he been this year!!

Again, where is JimmyC??????
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

How ****** good has he been this year!!

Again, where is JimmyC??????
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Pretty sure Alwyn has kicked mulitiple goals in every game he has played this year which is exactly what we need from him.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:As for Dyson. Wow. He's improved outta sight. We haven't missed Hibberd as bad as I thought we would. Dyson has done a terrific job there imo. In fact, I think I like Dyson a hell of a lot better than Myers in a defensive role.
Agree on both points.

I'd still like to have the Pig in the team when he's fit again, but I'm glad I don't have to tell someone he's being dropped from the team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

how good is he playing this season. so good. another gem of a game.

I love is consistency.
npskinner
Top Up Player

Post by npskinner »

been loving the fact every time he goes near the ball he looks dangerous - and his pressure without the ball has been equally as good.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

He was our best in the 1st half against the Giants. One of the only players to show some intensity.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BERT wrote:He was our best in the 1st half against the Giants. One of the only players to show some intensity.
Always liked him and am starting to love him now

All my posts sticking up for him are now being vindicated