Bombertalk - is the end nigh?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Re: Bombertalk - is the end nigh?

Post by Itsmyshow »

Have my first few posts been that bad??? :shock:
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Itsmyshow wrote:Have my first few posts been that bad??? :shock:
Not at all...they've been quite good and it seems like you should fit in quite well in here :D
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

swoodley wrote:
Not at all...they've been quite good and it seems like you should fit in quite well in here :D
This.

Keep it going PMS.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

haha not at all mate. I was speaking very generally. Please keep going :)
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

You know what would be totally awesome. An iphone/android app. Make posting easy and advertise us on app stores. Have 2 be a free app tho. blitz doesnt have this and u got 2 pay 4 bigfootys
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

little_ripper wrote:You know what would be totally awesome. An iphone/android app. Make posting easy and advertise us on app stores. Have 2 be a free app tho. blitz doesnt have this and u got 2 pay 4 bigfootys
Wot haz happened 2 ur english?
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I am on a phone. Its frustrating as hell. Lets have a phone friendly forum
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

little_ripper wrote:I am on a phone. Its frustrating as hell. Lets have a phone friendly forum
No, lets just confiscate yours.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

little_ripper wrote:I am on a phone. Its frustrating as hell. Lets have a phone friendly forum
Maybe create a different section titled "BT Phone Home"
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
Maybe create a different section titled "BT Phone Home"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I've been MIA for a while now but I do always get online and read what you lot have been talking about, I guess I should probably get a bit more proactive and get involved in discussion. I would hate to see this place fall by the way side.

It would be good to see if you could entice some of the older members back, Stevo, Rama_Fan and LISK spring to mind.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gatsid wrote:I've been MIA for a while now but I do always get online and read what you lot have been talking about, I guess I should probably get a bit more proactive and get involved in discussion. I would hate to see this place fall by the way side.

It would be good to see if you could entice some of the older members back, Stevo, Rama_Fan and LISK spring to mind.

Rossoneri - damn traitor
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gatsid wrote:I've been MIA for a while now but I do always get online and read what you lot have been talking about, I guess I should probably get a bit more proactive and get involved in discussion. I would hate to see this place fall by the way side.

Rossoneri - damn traitor
Blitz?
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Rossoneri - damn traitor
Blitz?
Talking Carlton? :P
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Where the f*** is Doctor Fish? Really miss his humour!

Bring back the FISH!
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I think Filthy needs to come back and a truce be called between the warring factions.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

MH_Bomber wrote:I think Filthy needs to come back and a truce be called between the warring factions.
Suggest mud wrestling as a way to resolve the matter

Welll ... it better than mud slinging
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I raised this issue about 12 months ago in the Serious Stuff form but I can't be bothered finding the thread.

I'm of the opinion that there are far too few contributors here and we should be actively encouraging other people to join.

I'm also of the opinion that the quality of a lot of the threads is not great/ I really can't stand the trend after a game to post a new thread about a particular player. Too often these threads start with a one liner like "he's going well" or "he played poorly", and about 6 people reply and say the same thing (also in a line or two), and the thread dies. I think that it would be better if we had a specific thread for each player so that we could add to previous discussion based on the latest game (like we appear to be doing with the Monfires thread at the moment). There's nothing wrong with having threads on players (obviously), but maybe its best to search and see if there's another recent thread on that player before you post - a lot of forums have similar rules.

I think I've expressed this opinion before and it wasn't popular. I don't expect many to agree with me (which is fine) but thought it was worth raising all the same.

I also wouldn't have a problem with Filthy coming back - but I don't understand exactly what occurred so I'll leave that judgement to the mods. He's also over at BB posting under the alias 'Coley'.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

gday strangers. ive been away from this online stuff for awhile but i miss talking bombers & trash. hope all is well and ill try get back on here a bit. :wink:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

DYSON#2 wrote:gday strangers. ive been away from this online stuff for awhile but i miss talking bombers & trash. hope all is well and ill try get back on here a bit. :wink:
Welcome back. Good to have you on board, again.