Off the Long Run

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Off the Long Run

Post by rockhole »

Michael Long revealed that his son is progressing nicely with his football skills. When further questined on the Hanger, he said that most of his son's talents stemmed from his wife who came from theWanganeen side of the equation.

If his son was a yearling, he would be worth about $5m right now!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Off the Long Run

Post by bomberdonnie »

rockhole wrote:
If his son was a yearling, he would be worth about $5m right now!!!

Love it
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Longy would have to be my favourite player of all time. First game I remember watching was the 93 premiership, and him running, dodging several blues players and nailing it for a goal....Memories :D heres hoping that we get a repeat of 93 this year!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

sconsey wrote:Longy would have to be my favourite player of all time. First game I remember watching was the 93 premiership, and him running, dodging several blues players and nailing it for a goal....Memories :D heres hoping that we get a repeat of 93 this year!
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Silvagni touched that ball that was called a goal... Only makes me enjoy it all the more
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:
sconsey wrote:Longy would have to be my favourite player of all time. First game I remember watching was the 93 premiership, and him running, dodging several blues players and nailing it for a goal....Memories :D heres hoping that we get a repeat of 93 this year!
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Silvagni touched that ball that was called a goal... Only makes me enjoy it all the more
I was near the behind post of the shit Ponsford Stand that day. Silvagni did touch it - but the ball was over the line when he did. Still, it doesn't stop me telling Blues mates that it was touched well and truly before it went through - just to make them bleed even more!
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I can still see SOS acting out his own personal Italian tradgedy complete with the wringing hands and the hunched shoulders.

Pure theatre!!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:I can still see SOS acting out his own personal Italian tradgedy complete with the wringing hands and the hunched shoulders.

Pure theatre!!!!
It's gotta be shown....

Essendunny
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

BenDoolan wrote:
rockhole wrote:I can still see SOS acting out his own personal Italian tradgedy complete with the wringing hands and the hunched shoulders.

Pure theatre!!!!
It's gotta be shown....

Wheres the like button? :D Love it! Wanganeens attempt was awesome, pretty sure he nearly ran from the back pocket? But kicked a behind...?
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

sconsey wrote: Wheres the like button? :D Love it! Wanganeens attempt was awesome, pretty sure he nearly ran from the back pocket? But kicked a behind...?
It would have been the greatest goal ever scored. Salmon dropped a mark in the defensive goal square, then Wanganeen picked it up, ran up the wing, went the one-two with Longy, kicked to Hird on the lead who couldn't mark but handballed back to Wanganeen who had run about 150m by this point, exhausted, he dribbles the kick and it JUST bounced the wrong side of the post. Amazing.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

There it is.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

gave me goosebumps watching Wanganeens run from the back pocket. Was shattered when he left Essendon.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

What an anti climax that point was!!! Take serious note: Longs right handed handpass...long, straight and perfectly weighted to a player running away, and then Hirds slick one handed pickup under pressure...champion's football!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

in an article the other day they said he could go #1... probably just exaggerating for the article but still be nice if we could snag another top pick while up the pointy end of the ladder
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals