Gumbleton

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Re: Gumbleton

Post by Sartorius »

Gossy7 wrote:
Ossie wrote:
Gossy7 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Good luck to Scotty G. Back in the Ressies this weekend No man has been through so much pain to get back to where he is now. I sincerely hope there is a fairytale ending to his story
Poor fella, very mentally fragile big Gumby.... Hopefully the Bendigo crowd can really get around him this week.
How do you know this? Wouldn't he have to be mentally strong to keep coming back for more?
Let's just say I am in a position to comment on this one....

Maybe, but I do know he is very low on confidence and it was only a couple of months ago that he he needed three seats in Gold Class to watch a movie, all the while people carrying out his bags as he couldnt bend down to pick things up.
Would love to know more about the operation he had. Has done very well to bounce back from everything he has been through. Hopefully he can get through this week, have next week off and then start stringing some games together. Looking forward to watching him at windy hill in June!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

3 seats in gold class? how does that work?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Jazz_84 wrote:3 seats in gold class? how does that work?
Got me confused too.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

He absolutely ballooned after the surgery.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

it's all about the swelling... ive recently had back troubles and the thing that hurts is the swelling you can't bend or do shit, after a while the swelling goes away and your fine... not to say he wont be ultra managed, probably for the rest of his career to be honest
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Oh goody
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Feel for this bloke. I don't why we are persisting with his to play AFL. I reckon his welfare must be at risk if he continues to try and make it. He's 23 years of age with a rotten back. Any further damage could cripple him for life - or make life a misery with constant back pain etc. If it were me, I'd consider giving the game away and concentrate on living.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy Hille wrote:Feel for this bloke. I don't why we are persisting with his to play AFL. I reckon his welfare must be at risk if he continues to try and make it. He's 23 years of age with a rotten back. Any further damage could cripple him for life - or make life a misery with constant back pain etc. If it were me, I'd consider giving the game away and concentrate on living.
I tend to agree with this. The club has done the right thing sticking by him, but as a business, surely he must be on the chopping block this year...
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

I hope that he proves everyone wrong and in his time away has worked really hard on the basics of footy. His kicking was a major issue when he was able to string some games together, hopefully at a minimum that has been sorted out. He's going to have to play some spectacular footy to remain on our list at the end of the year. They might even just rookie list him if he starts playing some good games.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

He would be about 500/1 to get to 100 games at the moment
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

ZeroEffect wrote:I hope that he proves everyone wrong and in his time away has worked really hard on the basics of footy. His kicking was a major issue when he was able to string some games together, hopefully at a minimum that has been sorted out. He's going to have to play some spectacular footy to remain on our list at the end of the year. They might even just rookie list him if he starts playing some good games.
I hope he proves everyone wrong also, but I think that at the moment there are more important things for him (like looking after his body) than whether he can kick a footy straight...also agree that they should downgrade him to rookie if he is going to be kept on the list. However, I think it they should try and trade him to Wet Toast or Freeo because I think we are blessed with plenty of talls that have well and truly gone past him and with Daniher in the wings, I just can't see him making it on our list anymore...
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Crazyman wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:I hope that he proves everyone wrong and in his time away has worked really hard on the basics of footy. His kicking was a major issue when he was able to string some games together, hopefully at a minimum that has been sorted out. He's going to have to play some spectacular footy to remain on our list at the end of the year. They might even just rookie list him if he starts playing some good games.
I hope he proves everyone wrong also, but I think that at the moment there are more important things for him (like looking after his body) than whether he can kick a footy straight...also agree that they should downgrade him to rookie if he is going to be kept on the list. However, I think it they should try and trade him to Wet Toast or Freeo because I think we are blessed with plenty of talls that have well and truly gone past him and with Daniher in the wings, I just can't see him making it on our list anymore...
What do you reckon they might give up for him?
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
Do you think they'd give us that big anchor on top of their stand?
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BomberinJapan wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Crazyman wrote:
Do you think they'd give us that big anchor on top of their stand?
God I hope not...maybe they will give us Fyfe or Barlow...it is Fremantle after all... :lol:
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Haha, an anchor is asking for way too much... we tried trading him last year and nobody was interested. Why would anyone have interest now that he's already spent 1/3 of the season on the sidelines. If his body is 100% this time and he's able to string together a heap of games he would want to play some good footy. In the season (2010) he did play in our seniors he was terrible, hopefully he's been weaponised in his long break and can come back a different man.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Has kicked a goal already for Bendigo in the first qtr!!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Has kicked a goal already for Bendigo in the first qtr!!!
Any further update on his performance today?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

F111 wrote:
Solid first half but I don't think he played the second half..... great that he got through a half of competitive footy and kicked a goal!!!

Elliott Kavanagh was in everything today, finished with 3 goals!!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
F111 wrote:
Solid first half but I don't think he played the second half..... great that he got through a half of competitive footy and kicked a goal!!!

Elliott Kavanagh was in everything today, finished with 3 goals!!!
Sounds positive. Thanks.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I've stolen this quote from David J Richardson from BB.
Scott Gumbleton clap.gif had (I think) 6 disposals 3 marks (one a cheeky one where he just stretched over from the back of pack to pluck it) and a goal in the first quarter, but only two in the second when he was starting on the wing and Collingwood wrested control of the game. two big pickups from the ground to test the hammies, don't you worry about that! was a happy camper, and so were his team mates, for him.
Gotta be happy with that. =D> vingertje