50m Penalty

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

50m Penalty

Post by bomberdonnie »

This rule where you can't go with 5m of the player when they have a mark or free

Are we the only team that is getting penalised for it? Happens numerous times in every game but I have only seen us picked up for it
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: 50m Penalty

Post by robrulz5 »

I don't think it has been paid too much in games I have seen but it has happened a lot against us, the player on the mark just needs to listen to the umpires instructions on where the mark is.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robrulz5 wrote:I don't think it has been paid too much in games I have seen but it has happened a lot against us, the player on the mark just needs to listen to the umpires instructions on where the mark is.
I am talking about a player running past the kicker and going within 5m
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Haven't seen that happen much at all.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It has happened a fair bit in the other games I've watched. When I say a "fair bit", I'm talking about 4 penalties in 4 different games.

It makes me laugh that they can visually measure a player within 5 metres of a kicker, yet the same dipshits will award a mark to a player when a kick has travelled about 5 metres instead of the required 15 :roll:
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

meh...AFL, umpires, rules...if you can work any of it out, you can tell me how to understand women... :lol:

As for the 50m penalty, I reckon it is too harsh. They should drop it back to 20 or 30 IMHO...
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Crazyman wrote:meh...AFL, umpires, rules...if you can work any of it out, you can tell me how to understand women... :lol:

As for the 50m penalty, I reckon it is too harsh. They should drop it back to 20 or 30 IMHO...
This is interesting as they increased it from 15m as players were dileberately giving away 15 to slow the play and allow team mates to man up. Maybe the game is "clean" enough now they can go back to the shorter penaly?
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

It has been paid against others, it's just our guys seem to do it more often :D
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

what i don't get is they pay 50 for players running past within 5m but when someone runs behind them basically brushing up against their back because they are following an opponent it's ok...
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:what i don't get is they pay 50 for players running past within 5m but when someone runs behind them basically brushing up against their back because they are following an opponent it's ok...
And if someone taks a mark inside 50 you can hold them up (even drag them to the ground) after the contest so they don't play on, but if you go within 5m in the backline it's 50.

I am sick of the 50m penalty. It should only ever be imposed when a player does something that actually holds up the play unfairly. Taking two steps over the mark when you're 100m from the goals doesn't affect shit.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.